Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Whitko coach relieved of duties

In a small high school program, unless there was some sort of misconduct involved, I don’t see how changing coaches in mid-season does anyone any good. Does the AD think that after being outscored 169-0 in the first 3 games, they’re going to suddenly turn the season around? 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Feel like there are better ways to handle wanting to replace a coach midseason 

it’s also the only time I can think of where a HS coach in Indiana was let go mid season.  To what I can recall, every other coaching change happens after the season is over for the team 

Covenant Christian had a coaching change midseason the year they won state

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

That’s news to me.  Just looked on Harrells site…what’s weird about that is they went 15-0 and then didn’t even keep the interim coach? 
2A10B82F-2A40-47CF-B21F-DB36E210FCEC.thumb.jpeg.5410b2a8566fd8d8abb12784bb068e74.jpeg

Just really weird to me.

I think the interim coach from 2020 is still on staff. Maybe he didn't want to be the HC? I'm not sure, just speculating.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

In a small high school program, unless there was some sort of misconduct involved, I don’t see how changing coaches in mid-season does anyone any good. Does the AD think that after being outscored 169-0 in the first 3 games, they’re going to suddenly turn the season around? 

Maybe a full on player revolt?   Or more likely a parent revolt.

My alma mater plays at Whitko this Friday.  Maybe I'll make the drive to watch it.

So bizarre and while a great article, only tells one side of the story. Efforts were made of course, but gag order prevents us from hearing the "other" side. 

Blitz has heard from a few folks that the word around Whitley County is that parents had gone to the administration about their kids not playing if the coach wasn't removed. 

Regardless of the reasoning, having it all go down in front of the kids is something neither party should have allowed to happen. 

• Like 2