Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Champions

9 hours ago, tango said:

Don't call us Shirley. We would have been fine in Sectional 32 the last couple of years. I'm glad it worked out the way it did way though. It would have been pretty sad for Brady Allen to have gone 4 years without a win in November. Hard not to root for a kid like that.

You’re right! It would’ve been better for us if you were in sectional 32 in 2020. That might’ve moved Southridge back to sectional 31. Brady and the Titans would’ve tasted November football year earlier.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 10:22 PM, tango said:

Only if they get a crazy draw. I think Bosse and Harrison would both beat them by a couple of scores. Pioneers would need a bye and then something crazy to happen, like Central upsetting someone. Boonville isn't going to compete with Reitz, Memorial or Jasper.

Receipts 

41-14 Boonville over Harrison 

• Like 2

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

Receipts 

41-14 Boonville over Harrison 

With 3-4 players out with flu, I picked Boonville to beat Harrison. We will see how Boonville does against Reitz. And I'll be rooting for them without question. But how does GS give up 42 and 600 yds against 7th place SIAC team?

1 minute ago, tango said:

With 3-4 players out with flu, I picked Boonville to beat Harrison. We will see how Boonville does against Reitz. And I'll be rooting for them without question. But how does GS give up 42 and 600 yds against 7th place SIAC team?

How does no one in the SIAC beat the 7th place team in the SIAC by more than 20 points, yet a PAC did?

How does the #1 team in the SIAC only beat the 7th place team by 3?

So many ponderables.

• Like 2

Just now, Esso Ayche said:

How does no one in the SIAC beat the 7th place team in the SIAC by more than 20 points, yet a PAC did?

So many ponderables.

We missed PATs... But our game was over by the 4th Q...

9 minutes ago, tango said:

539 yards.  

4 plays including 2 trick plays combined for 234 yards and 4 tds. 

part of the numbers is also that GS forced VL into 5 three and outs….and they had 2 kick return TDs. 

because of this…there were times where the defense didn’t get to rest much at all. VL had to run 74 plays.  Factoring out the 4 big plays, VL had to run 70 plays to get 305 yards and 14 points.

certainly not the best of nights defensively but that’s also a credit to Vincennes. They didn’t give up at all and kept trying to find a way.  They got creative with their playcalling and it was working at times. 

either way…you kindly keep trying to brush off that GS scored 63 on VL…Wasn’t memorial only winning 14-10 in the 4th Qtr?

Also….Gibson Southern was in control of this game the entire time.  VL was able to get it within 8 briefly in the 2nd Qtr and then fight back again from down 21 to 7 at the end of the 3rd Qtr….but the fact of the matter is….GS was in control and leading this game for literally the entire game minus the opening minute in the 1st Qtr.  

10 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

So many ponderables.

I’ve said for the last decade the SIAC needs to elevate their level of play to that of the PAC.  I think they are getting closer but not there yet.  I thought Memorial was there but then they couldn’t get to state that 4th time in a row.  Keep grinding SIAC. Next year is the year. 

• Haha 2
  • Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

At least the intelligent SIAC dudes can’t say, “GS doesn’t play anybody” anymore, well at least the ones who don’t breathe through their mouth don’t say it.  When a Memorial feeder Coach is so worried about a GS football first round sectional game that he rolls up in your DMs the second the game is over….that kind of free head rent is hard to come by.  Personally I don’t know who Memorial played last night nor do I give 2 Sh!ts.

No Memorial football feeder coach said or did anything on GID or in your DMs. Don't spread misinformation. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tango said:

No Memorial football feeder coach said or did anything on GID or in your DMs. Don't spread misinformation. 

I really don’t know if he still coaches or not, but used to and it’s basketball.

Edited by Titan32

Gibson Southern would have won the SIAC last year had they been in it. They’d have run the table. They were better than us. This year would be close with them and Reitz. There are years Southridge or Heritage Hills would have won it.

Having played and coached against Big 8, PAC, and SIAC schools I’m not sure if some SIAC fans know just how good some of the other programs in the area are.