Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Champions

I think most would agree that these teams will win their sectional.

Cathedral

Warren Central

Center Grove

Merrillville

Northwood

New Palestine

Norwell

Evansville Mater Dei

Park Tudor

Adams Central

Sheridan

North Decatur

Indy Lutheran

Are there any other teams?

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

S24: Reitz and Memorial are the 2 favorites, Jasper will contend once they are healthy. Wouldn’t count out Boonville being in the sectional final

Only if they get a crazy draw. I think Bosse and Harrison would both beat them by a couple of scores. Pioneers would need a bye and then something crazy to happen, like Central upsetting someone. Boonville isn't going to compete with Reitz, Memorial or Jasper.

17 minutes ago, tango said:

Only if they get a crazy draw. I think Bosse and Harrison would both beat them by a couple of scores. Pioneers would need a bye and then something crazy to happen, like Central upsetting someone. Boonville isn't going to compete with Reitz, Memorial or Jasper.

I have a feeling all the good teams will be on the same side of the bracket this year

2 hours ago, Tippy said:

Cathedral

Warren Central

Center Grove

Merrillville

Northwood

New Palestine

Norwell

Evansville Mater Dei

Park Tudor

Adams Central

Sheridan

North Decatur

Indy Lutheran

Throw Crown Point, Carmel, Mishawaka, Decatur Central, Whiteland, West Lafayette, Chatard, and Linton-Stockton in there too.

7 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

S24: Reitz and Memorial are the 2 favorites, Jasper will contend once they are healthy. Wouldn’t count out Boonville being in the sectional final

I honestly believe that the sectional will come down to the luck of the draw. If Reitz, Memorial, Boonville and Jasper all wind up on one side, Northview would have a walk to the finals. 

9 hours ago, Tippy said:

Cathedral

Warren Central

Center Grove

Merrillville

Northwood

New Palestine

Norwell

Evansville Mater Dei

Park Tudor

Adams Central

Sheridan

North Decatur

Indy Lutheran

Roncalli will win their sectional

2 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I honestly believe that the sectional will come down to the luck of the draw. If Reitz, Memorial, Boonville and Jasper all wind up on one side, Northview would have a walk to the finals. 

Northview is now in S21 with Roncalli & Brebeuf. S24 is 6 SIAC plus Boonville.

14 hours ago, Tippy said:

Cathedral

Warren Central

Center Grove

Merrillville

Northwood

New Palestine

Norwell

Evansville Mater Dei

Park Tudor

Adams Central

Sheridan

North Decatur

Indy Lutheran

I would also say that Cathedral is not a lock in their sectional. LC could give them more than people expect. They have been know to surprise teams in section play.

14 hours ago, tango said:

I’m going to have to firmly disagree about bosse beating Boonville by a couple of scores. Or really the bottom half of the SIAC.

do I think Boonville can win S24? Not really…especially with how good I think Reitz is…but like…Harrison, bosse, central are a combined 2-13 right now….feels very ambitious to just assume they can beat anyone by multiple scores 

just a weird flex lol.  If you want to talk about the SIAC beating them in s24 at least talk about memorial/Reitz more.  

just so disrespectful to claim that two 1-4 teams and an 0-5 team could handily win.  Like what do you even have to make that claim

15 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m going to have to firmly disagree about bosse beating Boonville by a couple of scores. Or really the bottom half of the SIAC.

do I think Boonville can win S24? Not really…especially with how good I think Reitz is…but like…Harrison, bosse, central are a combined 2-13 right now….feels very ambitious to just assume they can beat anyone by multiple scores 

just a weird flex lol.  If you want to talk about the SIAC beating them in s24 at least talk about memorial/Reitz more.  

just so disrespectful to claim that two 1-4 teams and an 0-5 team could handily win.  Like what do you even have to make that claim

I wasn't flexing or being disrespectful to Boonville, just giving my opinion based on past and current observations. In fact, I think Coach Ward is a good coach and an even better person. And, while it isn't a big thing, I was one the sponsors for his weekly coaches show on WREF for several years.  I base my opinion on the fact that Harrison is much improved and has a good sized line and several weapons. Bosse doesn't seem to be as strong as Harrison (we'll find out Friday night), but its pretty well-known that one of the reasons Boonville cited as for not wanting to join the SIAC in 2020 was having an undefeated team get taken to the wire by a 2 win Bosse team in 2018. If Boonville was undefeated I might feel differently, but from what I saw of them this summer and feeling they will be 5-4 heading into the tournament, its my opinion they would have trouble against Harrison and maybe to a lesser extent, Bosse.  Last year they lost to a 3 win Reitz team that was hit with a key injury and was no where near as competitive as they are this year. When the tournament rolls around, a team like Harrison / Bosse having a chance to play someone besides Reitz, Memorial or Jasper will probably get them pretty motivated. 

2 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

I would also say that Cathedral is not a lock in their sectional. LC could give them more than people expect. They have been know to surprise teams in section play.

Next month of football will tell a lot about Lawrence Central. Played admirably against both HSE and Westfield to start the year and had the big win over Warren, but their schedule is brutal to close out the regular season; 3/4 last games are all on the road against Center Grove, Ben Davis, and Carmel. Getting through that meatgrinder relatively healthy may be priority #1. 

28 minutes ago, tango said:

I wasn't flexing or being disrespectful to Boonville, just giving my opinion based on past and current observations. In fact, I think Coach Ward is a good coach and an even better person. And, while it isn't a big thing, I was one the sponsors for his weekly coaches show on WREF for several years.  I base my opinion on the fact that Harrison is much improved and has a good sized line and several weapons. Bosse doesn't seem to be as strong as Harrison (we'll find out Friday night), but its pretty well-known that one of the reasons Boonville cited as for not wanting to join the SIAC in 2020 was having an undefeated team get taken to the wire by a 2 win Bosse team in 2018. If Boonville was undefeated I might feel differently, but from what I saw of them this summer and feeling they will be 5-4 heading into the tournament, its my opinion they would have trouble against Harrison and maybe to a lesser extent, Bosse.  Last year they lost to a 3 win Reitz team that was hit with a key injury and was no where near as competitive as they are this year. When the tournament rolls around, a team like Harrison / Bosse having a chance to play someone besides Reitz, Memorial or Jasper will probably get them pretty motivated. 

Last year they were a 2-6 team lmao they literally only beat Princeton and Washington. 

so far this year they have beat HH…held Southridge to 13 points in a losing effort…..they also just went toe to toe with a VERY good Linton team.

linton probably could win handily against Mater Dei…they are looking great.  And if linton looks like they can beat Mater De then I’m sure Boonville can handle bosse/central/Harrison 

Boonville has some studs on their team and their defense is playing solid right now 

You are over here saying Harrison and bosse could beat them by 2 scores or more….and that they need an 0-5 central team to upset memorial or Reitz….IF ANYONE IS GOING TO UPSET MEMORIAL OR REITZ IN S24 ITS BOONVILLE

i usually like your comments but come on man.  Your argument makes zero sense right now given what we have seen these teams do so far 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

I can’t let this go @tangolol

your justification is that a 3 win Reitz team last year beat them 41-34….thinking Boonville was great or something…and Boonville was 2-6 entering that game with wins only against Princeton and Washington.

if anything….that’s an indictment against the SIAC last year.  

27 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Next month of football will tell a lot about Lawrence Central. Played admirably against both HSE and Westfield to start the year and had the big win over Warren, but their schedule is brutal to close out the regular season; 3/4 last games are all on the road against Center Grove, Ben Davis, and Carmel. Getting through that meatgrinder relatively healthy may be priority #1. 

I absolutely agree. Even if they lose all three games I still think they have a different side about themselves come playoff time. LC can be inconsistent during the season, but playoffs under this HC they seem focused. Cathedral is obviously the favorite and for good reason, but I certainly don't think they are a lock. But that final part of the schedule for LC is brutal, I agree. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

linton probably could win handily against Mater Dei…they are looking great.  And if linton looks like they can beat Mater De then I’m sure Boonville can handle bosse/central/Harrison  

LOL. You think? You saying Linton (who has lost to MD 4 straight years with very solid teams (3 games at home)) could win handily over MD is bolder than me saying Harrison would beat Boonville by 2 scores... But maybe we'll get to see if Linton can end the losing streak to MD this year. They would meet for a trip to LOS, so it would be a great environment at either place. Time will tell if my thoughts about Boonville are off base or not. Believe me there's nothing I'd rather see than them knocking off Reitz or Jasper this year.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

LOL. You think? You saying Linton (who has lost to MD 4 straight years with very solid teams (3 games at home)) could win handily over MD is bolder than me saying Harrison would beat Boonville by 2 scores... But maybe we'll get to see if Linton can end the losing streak to MD this year. They would meet for a trip to LOS, so it would be a great environment at either place. Time will tell if my thoughts about Boonville are off base or not. Believe me there's nothing I'd rather see than them knocking off Reitz or Jasper this year.    

Linton lost last year 27-28 against what we all can agree was a better MD team than this year….a 1 point game in sectionals. 

stop talking about 3 years ago or 4 years ago

you have done this twice now

just go back to last year and look at the teams…we know which teams have improved or regressed from last year to this year. 

…but hey it’s better to frame your argument if you leave out the context of last years results.  People will agree with you more if you point out 4 straight wins and not a narrow 1 point win on a team that is better this year