• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/19/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted    Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach  Cloverdale: Tony Meyer  New Albany: Sean Coultis Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant  Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wheeler:  Tony Klimzack  Adam Hudak Hired from Lake Station  Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones Brian Hooker Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royal Pride

New Palestine 84 Pendleton 17

207 posts in this topic

Seems there's a coach that will be on someone's payback list. I'm sorry.. you can not convince me that there is EVER a reason or set of circumstances that should allow a team or coach to run it up like that.

I'm interested to read the response from Colonel Rebeldad. He resides in New Palestine.

I have meant Coach Ralph a few times, I have talked Football with him, there is absolutely no way that is his M.O.   

My guess is his JV and Frosh were running inside zones for big yards, he stopped the no huddle and slowed the game down, you want him to take knees?  

We beat Tipton last year 77-0, pulled starters in 3rd quarter after 1st series, JV rest of the way, freshman last 6 or 7 minutes of the game.   We ran POWER and still scored still with our pups.   Sometimes, nights like that just happen.  

"New Palestine starters still in throwing out of 5 wide set. Up 63-3." #THBFB

Didn't see or listen to the game, but saw this on twitter from the herald bulletin.

We beat Tipton last year 77-0, pulled starters in 3rd quarter after 1st series, JV rest of the way, freshman last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. We ran POWER and still scored still with our pups. Sometimes, nights like that just happen.

I have to agree with you Coach. I've seen both teams play the past 2 years. New Pal is REALLY good! Sometimes every play clicks and morale is a big factor in hs sports.

Paging crimsonace!

Dragons played junior varsity and freshman players beginning in third quarter.

It wasn't "run up like that." 

28-0 after one

56-3 at half. 

NP had 9 possessions in the first half (they had 9 the entire game last week against Mt. Vernon). Pendleton's teams tend to play very high-scoring games because they will throw the ball a lot when they get behind (they attempted 30 passes in the first half alone, with a lot of incompletions). But the flip side of that means the game gets lots of early extra possessions. 

In the third quarter, THB people posting "four-wide formations and passing" - understand that NP almost goes exclusively four-wide, even when running the ball. Two passes were attempted in the second half. Both were 5-yard out routes to a freshman, both were incomplete. Looked like they may have been working on something and trying to see what it looked like in a game, or just trying to run a low-yardage play to *keep from inflating the score*, or just to get a freshman a touch. 

NP snapped the ball 15 times in the second half, and only three in the fourth quarter (one of which was a kneel down). The No. 1 unit ran seven snaps - three of which involved short incomplete passes or runs to a freshman. The other four were base running plays. The backups came in midway through the third quarter. Nothing but base running plays. The second unit moved the ball effectively, then the third unit came in, and a freshman QB handed the ball to a freshman RB, who broke a 75-yarder. Other than falling down, there's not much you can do there. 

A team that's trying to run up the score doesn't have freshman or backups being involved in nearly every second-half play. 

Coach Ralph is someone who really respects the game, respects opponents, and does things the right way, and teaches his players to do the same. He's not going to embarrass another program. But he also has good football players who execute well, even into the second and third units, and when they do, the score can get very lopsided very quickly. 

The best thing that happened tonight wasn't the score or anything else. In the fourth quarter, a senior who suffered a season-ending injury in the scrimmage, was cleared to go out for one non-contact play. He went out, lined up for a play, came out of the game and was mobbed by his fellow seniors as he came off the field. That's something he'll remember for the rest of his life. That's what high school football is about. 

Edited by crimsonace1

It wasn't "run up like that."

28-0 after one

56-3 at half.

NP had 9 possessions in the first half (they had 9 the entire game last week against Mt. Vernon). Pendleton's teams tend to play very high-scoring games because they will throw the ball a lot when they get behind (they attempted 30 passes in the first half alone, with a lot of incompletions). But the flip side of that means the game gets lots of early extra possessions.

In the third quarter, THB people posting "four-wide formations and passing" - understand that NP almost goes exclusively four-wide, even when running the ball. Two passes were attempted in the second half. Both were 5-yard out routes to a freshman, both were incomplete. Looked like they may have been working on something and trying to see what it looked like in a game, or just trying to run a low-yardage play to *keep from inflating the score*, or just to get a freshman a touch.

NP snapped the ball 15 times in the second half, and only three in the fourth quarter (one of which was a kneel down). The No. 1 unit ran seven snaps - three of which involved short incomplete passes or runs to a freshman. The other four were base running plays. The backups came in midway through the third quarter. Nothing but base running plays. The second unit moved the ball effectively, then the third unit came in, and a freshman QB handed the ball to a freshman RB, who broke a 75-yarder. Other than falling down, there's not much you can do there.

A team that's trying to run up the score doesn't have freshman or backups being involved in nearly every second-half play.

Coach Ralph is someone who really respects the game, respects opponents, and does things the right way, and teaches his players to do the same. He's not going to embarrass another program. But he also has good football players who execute well, even into the second and third units, and when they do, the score can get very lopsided very quickly.

The best thing that happened tonight wasn't the score or anything else. In the fourth quarter, a senior who suffered a season-ending injury in the scrimmage, was cleared to go out for one non-contact play. He went out, lined up for a play, came out of the game and was mobbed by his fellow seniors as he came off the field. That's something he'll remember for the rest of his life. That's what high school football is about.

I'm confused? First you say only 2 passes were attempted in wnd half, then you say the starters ran 7 plays in 2nd half and 3 were incomplete passes?

I'm confused? First you say only 2 passes were attempted in wnd half, then you say the starters ran 7 plays in 2nd half and 3 were incomplete passes?

Does it really matter? ???

3 incomplete passes "or runs to a freshman." 2 incomplete out routes. Third was a sweep by the same freshman that was targeted on the passes. Every other play was a base running play between the tackles, and 2 broke for touchdowns. 

And the rest of the game was the 2nd team/JV offense, midpoint of 3rd quarter on, playing against a varsity defense, running basically one base running play between the tackles. 

Edited by crimsonace1

I, for the most part, got my brains beat out a few weeks ago arguing that New Pal was the real deal and could play with ANYBODY in the State (last year). I still totally believe that.

That said, honestly, would Center Grove (based on their performance so far this year) ding even the worst team in the State (should they have played them) by a score like this? Maybe so....though I would need some convincing to believe that they would.

Sorry, but there is a point when a child cries out that the "emperor has no clothes" (as regards defending the indefensible)....then consider me a child.

Sign me up with RebelDad at this point.....there's a lot worse company I could keep.

Edited by Lysander

Center Grove likely would've scored in the 80s tonight. 

The classiest college coach I know put up 80 on a team a few years ago, played everyone but the cheerleaders, but the opponent kept throwing incomplete passes and fumbling the ball on the 20 yard line. 

Again, I can break it down possession-by-possession (I basically did above), but they scored 56 in the first half, and ran nothing but their very base plays in the second. When your second-string QB and freshman RB are busting long runs, there's not a whole lot you can do other than take a knee and fall down. 

Center Grove likely would've scored in the 80s tonight. 

The classiest college coach I know put up 80 on a team a few years ago, played everyone but the cheerleaders, but the opponent kept throwing incomplete passes and fumbling the ball on the 20 yard line. 

Again, I can break it down possession-by-possession (I basically did above), but they scored 56 in the first half, and ran nothing but their very base plays in the second. When your second-string QB and freshman RB are busting long runs, there's not a whole lot you can do other than take a knee and fall down.

Crimsonace1 - I truly have a lot of respect for you based on all your posts I have read over the years. I think you're a really good sort.

I will defer based on that despite my strong feelings to the contrary.

The Lysander has spoken. (What's a lice sander, anyway?)

I expect Muda will love this little gem of a thread as he wakes early Sunday to watch some real football (Premier League).

The Lysander has spoken. (What's a lice sander, anyway?)

I expect Muda will love this little gem of a thread as he wakes early Sunday to watch some real football (Premier League).

Yeah...right.

Substitute the word "Lysander" for the phrase " 'liquored up' (cheap Bourbon), tobacco chewing, idi0t Redneck" and you have given an accurate description of this particular poster (as in....ME).

I would also hope any reasonable person would also attribute the accordant amount of respect (based on my self-description) to any comments I might make going forward.

Edited by Lysander

I have meant Coach Ralph a few times, I have talked Football with him, there is absolutely no way that is his M.O.

My guess is his JV and Frosh were running inside zones for big yards, he stopped the no huddle and slowed the game down, you want him to take knees?

Coach, one of the harder business lessons I have learned in my life is that actions speak louder than words (wished I'd just listened to the Old Man as to that).

Shoot somebody once....maybe an accident. Shoot 10 different people.....well....maybe ya' just like shooting people.

It took me repeated lessons/sessions before I realized that the guy with the Bible on his desk quoting scripture also had a shiv in the drawer. Not being a particularly smart person, I nearly bled out on several occasions.

Even now....I want to believe the p'urty words.

Edited by Lysander

"New Palestine starters still in throwing out of 5 wide set. Up 63-3." #THBFB

Didn't see or listen to the game, but saw this on twitter from the herald bulletin.

That is almost a felony

you want him to take knees?

Yes.

Might be time for another weekly "Let's Run Up The Score" thread/analysis. I'll have to dust off the old spreadsheet.......

What about punting on 3rd downs, or playing a lineman as QB/RB?

Chatard has played Broad Ripple the past few years and we never ran up a score like this. We could have scored over 100 without much effort at all. Instead, Coach L begins subbing players in the FIRST HALF, maybe even the first quarter! The fact that the New Pal score was more than a four touchdown differential and starters were still on the filed shows that the coach either has no class or has no understanding of how to keep a game respectable. I am with Lysander on this one. New Pal has been doing this for years. It's either arrogance or ignorance. Not any other choices imho.

Chatard scores from recent history

2014 Broad Ripple 75-0

2012 Broad Ripple 62-0

2011 Broad Ripple 55-0

2009 Indy Manual 66-6

2009 Indy Northwest 77-0

2004 Indy Washington 72-0 sectional

Cathedral recent scores

2014 Anderson 70-0 sectional

2011 Columbus East 62-7 semi state

2010 Indy Northwest 78-14

Columbus East recent scores

2014 South Dearborn 82-14

NEED I SAY MORE! Little hard when New Pal has 43 varsity/jv players to substitute. Starters have to play 3 quarters so that JV has the ability to play on Mondays. Not fair to those kids who work hard to forfeit jv games because they have played too many quarters.

I would be embarrassed if a coach runs two plays and just punts the ball on third down. What are we teaching our kids. What happens if you score on play two should you tell the ref not to put it on the scoreboard.

Chatard scores from recent history

2014 Broad Ripple 75-0

2012 Broad Ripple 62-0

2011 Broad Ripple 55-0

2009 Indy Manual 66-6

2009 Indy Northwest 77-0

2004 Indy Washington 72-0 sectional

Cathedral recent scores

2014 Anderson 70-0 sectional

2011 Columbus East 62-7 semi state

2010 Indy Northwest 78-14

Columbus East recent scores

2014 South Dearborn 82-14

NEED I SAY MORE! Little hard when New Pal has 43 varsity/jv players to substitute. Starters have to play 3 quarters so that JV has the ability to play on Mondays. Not fair to those kids who work hard to forfeit jv games because they have played too many quarters.

I would be embarrassed if a coach runs two plays and just punts the ball on third down. What are we teaching our kids. What happens if you score on play two should you tell the ref not to put it on the scoreboard.

You make a good point about the number of players available. I can't comment on that intelligently since I have no way to know if the numbers you cite are accurate, but if they are, then that could sway my opinion.

However, I've got the film of those Chatard-Broad Ripple games if you'd like to watch. You will see the starters getting pulled in the first half. We also have JV games to play, but we find a way to pull the starters. Maybe I should count the roster to see if our numbers make that easier for us to do. Again, excellent point and I have some research to do. I don't take lightly the fact that I am calling out a coach and a program that many others highly respect. I need to check my facts before I yell louder or start eating some crow. I'm fine with either as long as I am correct. Thanks for the information.