Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (10/15)

9 hours ago, Southside said:

The Ft Wayne sectional is 12. That would be the highest sectional number in the north of the state. 

Screenshot_20221016_192813.jpg

Yep, so if Snider (or if regional winner comes out of sectional 12) goes on road for regional and wins, they pretty much are then guaranteed semi game home field. 

13 hours ago, BTF said:

Snider opened up a 20-6 lead. Both teams missed an extra point up until that point. North Side scored two more touchdowns after that and missed on both conversions. Final score 20-18. Could have beaten Snider? Sure. Should have beaten Snider? No. You could say the game was pretty even and came down to extra points. We'll find out who the real winner is if Snider can get by Dwenger. But I'm not going to hold my breath. Dwenger has good coaching capable of making the adjustments they need to close the 28-0 gap. And not many have more heart than a Catholic kid playing football. This sectional is a crapshoot. 

Thanks I didn’t watch the game with north and snider had only heard that missing XPs cost them the game 

13 hours ago, SAC_Coach said:

This is not entirely true. The FW Area teams (Sectional 12) hold the tie breaker for Semi-State in 5A this year followed by Sectional 11. So all things being equal Merrillville would have to be on the road for Semi-State.

Actually if you look if a team doesn’t host there sectional championship or regional championship they automatically get semistate. Which merrillville would not host either the sectional or regional or Valpo comes through 

E253DF72-E743-4E8A-A3E3-F75F7999095D.png

13 hours ago, Southside said:

The Ft Wayne sectional is 12. That would be the highest sectional number in the north of the state. 

Screenshot_20221016_192813.jpg

*of regional winner doesn’t host the sectional or regional title.. which we won’t if Valpo comes through 

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yep, so if Snider (or if regional winner comes out of sectional 12) goes on road for regional and wins, they pretty much are then guaranteed semi game home field. 

Which if you go by the ihsaa rules and your winners in north for sectionals are merrillville,Valpo,Mishawaka, snider..

the regionals would be 

merrillville @ valpo

mishawaka @ snider if I’m not mistaken. 

Which would in turn make snider travel to merrillville 

Mishawaka would be home for Regionals against Snider or BD as they would be at Concord for Sectional Final.

if Snider or BD come out they most likely would be away for Regionals while North Side would be home for Regionals.

Snider and BD have good path for home Semi-State if they were to make it. 

Edited by SAC_Coach
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, temptation said:

I fear you may be right.  Had no real measuring stick for East Central all season and kept them in the high teens.

Not a program built on moral victories obviously but I’ve spoken repeatedly about the amount of respect I have for Roncalli on here so to play them like they did speaks volumes.

Could they potentially play spoiler to both New Pal AND Roncalli?

That's what I really like about East Central. A lof of 4a/5a/decent amount of 6a programs would consider a 21-19 loss to Roncalli as a moral victory. Not the Trojans. They believe they belong on the field in that game. 

Man, not sure anyone can play spoiler to New Pal. East Central definately has an advantage and that they would get the survivor of the Evansville rematches in Regionals. The winner of an assumed New Pal/Roncalli Regional could be fairly banged up come Semi-State.

1 hour ago, SAC_Coach said:

Mishawaka would be home for Regionals against Snider or BD as they would be at Concord for Sectional Final.

if Snider or BD come out they most likely would be away for Regionals while North Side would be home for Regionals.

Snider and BD have good path for home Semi-State if they were to make it. 

Snider only if merrillville loses. If merrillville comes through snider would be on road because they hosted there sectional title game while merrillville didn’t host either 

Merrillville could also be hosting Chesterton for Regionals which changes everything for Semi-State.

I am not trying to map everything out.

I am just stating Snider and BD have a great chance at hosting Semi-State if all things are equal. 

Edited by SAC_Coach

1 hour ago, SAC_Coach said:

Merrillville could also be hosting Chesterton for Regionals which changes everything for Semi-State.

I am not trying to map everything out.

I am just stating Snider and BD have a great chance at hosting Semi-State if all things are equal. 

That’s true. I just think Valpo is a overwhelming favorite now they are a healthy. Guess we will see 

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Wait a second, I owe everyone on here an apology.

I somehow overlooked the Merrillville score Friday night.  Not sure if I did not just hit refresh on Harrell’s site or what but just saw it.

What the hell happened?

If you look back through comments I answered this already. (And those words came from a. Parent on the team)

20 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

If you look back through comments I answered this already. (And those words came from a. Parent on the team)

Just saw.  Merrillville’s B game should be enough to beat Chesterton though.

No shame in losing to them I guess but by 25 damn points?  Wow.

Edited by temptation

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just saw.  Merrillville’s B game should be enough to beat Chesterton though.

No shame in losing to them I guess but by 25 damn points?  Wow.

Don’t let him lie to you. It wasn’t even the B team. I went to the game. 

there varsity was tied with them at end of 1st half. Then merrillville came out and took a 10-7 lead in 3rd. And then after that they subbed 7 freshman in on defense. So the defense had people who hadn’t played varsity all year. And there offense wasn’t all out of wack. They had 5 turnovers I believe and Chesterton got points on all of them I believe 

20 minutes ago, Andrean4life said:

there varsity was tied with them at end of 1st half. Then merrillville came out and took a 10-7 lead in 3rd. And then after that they subbed 7 freshman in on defense. So the defense had people who hadn’t played varsity all year. And there offense wasn’t all out of wack. They had 5 turnovers I believe and Chesterton got points on all of them I believe 

Coaching malpractice?

(I love it when Cody responds to Cody by the way.)

”There.”

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Andrean4life said:

Cody, are you trying to tell us that Merrillville's own reported Digital Scout stats are wildly inaccurate?

Someone needs to lose a stat job before the sectional starts.

image.thumb.jpeg.3a4321b938fd2f94cb5f826babfb55a6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

Someone needs to lose a stat job before the sectional starts.

Check that.  TWO stat guys need to lose jobs, apparently.  

Chesterton's MaxPreps stats show the same 2-turnover game everyone else but you watched. Or at least choose to acknowledge.

image.jpeg.e36121c3214eec3d2f5d098f148df8f5.jpeg

Finally, if you're going to fake an account, maybe talk about the team you purportedly support other than when, you know, they play Merrillville.  Or when you're conveniently at a Merrillville game IN Chesterton when your team "4 life" was playing at home 30 min down the road.

You'd make a crappy double agent.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andrean4life said:

Nothing wrong in putting freshmen in game to build team, player and depth. That may be the way they groom all those D1 recruits.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Finally, if you're going to fake an account, maybe talk about the team you purportedly support other than when, you know, they play Merrillville.  Or when you're conveniently at a Merrillville game IN Chesterton when your team "4 life" was playing at home 30 min down the road.

You'd make a crappy double agent.

1. I’m not a double agent. 
2. my step son plays for Chesterton and is a senior so I wanted to watch his last game. While my son is a sophomore  at Andrean. 
3. the stats above being I was there. Merrillville had 2 fumbles. 1int but the also had 3-4 Turnover on downs. I consider those turnovers. So that’s 6-7 turnovers right there 

On 10/17/2022 at 6:34 AM, Esso Ayche said:

They get two attempts the same way Merrillville had six turnovers Friday when they literally had one lost fumble and one INT according to Merrillville's own reported stats.

So are not conceding on 4 downs not turnovers? Because they didn’t convert on 4th down 3-4 times in that game. My step son helped shut down there RB Justin Marshall we held him To the lowest total in his high school football career I believe