Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (10/15)

5 minutes ago, Andrean4life said:

So are not conceding on 4 downs not turnovers? Because they didn’t convert on 4th down 3-4 times in that game. My step son helped shut down there RB Justin Marshall we held him To the lowest total in his high school football career I believe 

I don’t have a dog in this or really an opinion about any of these teams

but I do not count turnover on downs as turnovers.  In HS we see too often how a team gets to the 40/35/30 yard line but they don’t have a kicker who can hit 40 yards and it would be pointless to punt…so they have to go for it on 4th down. 

still a major play for the games trying to convert it but I wouldn’t talk about a team having 6 turnovers when 4 were just failed conversions ya know? 

54 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Nothing wrong in putting freshmen in game to build team, player and depth. That may be the way they groom all those D1 recruits.

Time and place, right?  Seven of their wins have been by double figures.

Wouldn’t you get them in on those situations and not a tie/3 point game in week 9 of the season?

Head scratching to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrean4life said:

3. the stats above being I was there. Merrillville had 2 fumbles. 1int but the also had 3-4 Turnover on downs. I consider those turnovers. So that’s 6-7 turnovers right there 

So are not conceding on 4 downs not turnovers? Because they didn’t convert on 4th down 3-4 times in that game. 

LMAO

No, no one in their right mind considers a TOD a turnover when talking about losing he ball or getting it from the other team.  Well except you, @Andrean4life, and yourself, @Piratefan101.  There were two turnovers b by Merrillville that game, period.

2. my step son plays for Chesterton and is a senior so I wanted to watch his last game. While my son is a sophomore  at Andrean. 

It sounds like you are a pretty cool step dad.  I'm one myself and I know it is a struggle sometimes to make those tough decisions.  That is admirable and obviously not something any of us here on the GID could ever refute.

Except... Cue Columbo: "Oh, just one more thing..."

I find two things that would additionally keep you from holding down that double agent spy job.  The first is neither you, nor your alter ego know when to use the word "their".  The second is the proclivity that you and your alter ego both have in ending paragraphs and posts without using punctuation, like this

Go ahead, look back.  I'll wait.

Anyway, I honestly don't know why I'm bothering to call you out about this, it really means nothing to me.  I just find it fascinating that someone would go to such lengths to perpetuate *there* [sic] own exaggeration, at best, or lie, at worst.  Fascinating.

Either way, I'm getting bored with this Columbo business, although I could probably take three minutes to refute this one if I put forth a modicum of effort:

My step son helped shut down there RB Justin Marshall we held him To the lowest total in his high school football career I believe 

...but you've embarrassed yourself enough for one season.  

Good luck to Merrillville the rest of the way out.  Hope everyone stays healthy and those frosh get plenty of playing time in those tight games.

7 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

There's times when I'm not sure whether Cody is completely delusional or actually a troll mastermind. 

And that's when I realize he must be a troll mastermind. 

“Their” is a chance that it’s both.

Edited by temptation

8 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

LMAO

No, no one in their right mind considers a TOD a turnover when talking about losing he ball or getting it from the other team.  Well except you, @Andrean4life, and yourself, @Piratefan101.  There were two turnovers b by Merrillville that game, period.

It sounds like you are a pretty cool step dad.  I'm one myself and I know it is a struggle sometimes to make those tough decisions.  That is admirable and obviously not something any of us here on the GID could ever refute.

Except... Cue Columbo: "Oh, just one more thing..."

I find two things that would additionally keep you from holding down that double agent spy job.  The first is neither you, nor your alter ego know when to use the word "their".  The second is the proclivity that you and your alter ego both have in ending paragraphs and posts without using punctuation, like this

Go ahead, look back.  I'll wait.

Anyway, I honestly don't know why I'm bothering to call you out about this, it really means nothing to me.  I just find it fascinating that someone would go to such lengths to perpetuate *there* [sic] own exaggeration, at best, or lie, at worst.  Fascinating.

Either way, I'm getting bored with this Columbo business, although I could probably take three minutes to refute this one if I put forth a modicum of effort:

...but you've embarrassed yourself enough for one season.  

Good luck to Merrillville the rest of the way out.  Hope everyone stays healthy and those frosh get plenty of playing time in those tight games.

This is great.

• Like 1