Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 4A Bracket Analysis

23 minutes ago, SBFootballFan6 said:

You can find some bookings on inkfreenews.com

I'm waiting for others to post more, and only adults can be booked, underclassman would be held waiting for parent pick up.

I was about to say, only see four that have been referred to on the site. Very unfortunate situation. Any chance the players will play at all during their playoff run? I wonder if it would just be a 2 game deal or a full year. 

30 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

5A is watered down (my personal opinion).

We must be in a new era. Going back four decades, if someone told me 5A would be watered down by adding Snider, Merrillville, and Dwenger, I would have admitted them into a mental institution. I suppose it's a valid statement though with no real powers out of the South and Dwenger having a down year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Got a link for this?

You have to cross reference the bookings/arrest page below with their roster:

https://www.inkfreenews.com/2022/10/22/jail-bookings-4367/

The ages of the bookings help you figure it out.

You have to guess who the favorite out of the North was.

Edited by fenderbender
More info
  • Like 1

Just now, fenderbender said:

Like minor (under 21 but over 18) consumption.

I see them now. I am not familiar with these kids which means I don't have familiarity with their programs. But regardless, outside of football, there are bigger issues to address here than how the playoffs will be effected. At least for the adults involved in those programs. This is very frustrating to see kids throwing away their lives or seasons or reputations for that matter. Hopefully they learn from this.

1 minute ago, MonkeyButt said:

I see them now. I am not familiar with these kids which means I don't have familiarity with their programs. But regardless, outside of football, there are bigger issues to address here than how the playoffs will be effected. At least for the adults involved in those programs. This is very frustrating to see kids throwing away their lives or seasons or reputations for that matter. Hopefully they learn from this.

And these are just the over 18 ones. Under 18, you get ticket and parents have to come pick you up. These are just the only ones whos names can be released.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

We must be in a new era. Going back four decades, if someone told me 5A would be watered down by adding Snider, Merrillville, and Dwenger, I would have admitted them into a mental institution. I suppose it's a valid statement though with no real powers out of the South and Dwenger having a down year. 

6/9 5A championships have been won by schools who were 4A by enrollment since the addition of a 6th class. 

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

6/9 5A championships have been won by schools who were 4A by enrollment since the addition of a 6th class. 

I see it as 2/9. Those two by the same school, being New Palestine. I've never looked at Cathedral as a 4a enrollment school. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

I see it as 2/9. Those two by the same school, being New Palestine. I've never looked at Cathedral as a 4a enrollment school. 

Well regardless of how you look at Cathedral, it doesn't change the fact that they're still a 4A school by enrollment lol. 

Two-thirds of the 5A championships have been won by 4A enrollment schools. It's the most watered down class by far since a 6th class was added and t's even further watered down this year. 

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

I believe Columbus East was a Success Factored 4A school when it won in 2017, too. If it wasn't, it was right on the borderline of 4A/5A. 

29 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Well regardless of how you look at Cathedral, it doesn't change the fact that they're still a 4A school by enrollment lol. 

Two-thirds of the 5A championships have been won by 4A enrollment schools. It's the most watered down class by far since a 6th class was added and t's even further watered down this year. 

Noted. Good luck to your Irish this year, they have a good shot in 6A. 

18 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

I believe Columbus East was a Success Factored 4A school when it won in 2017, too. If it wasn't, it was right on the borderline of 4A/5A. 

I was thinking the same, not sure though. 

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

I thought so too, but they weren't. Roncalli had been bumped up. CE was near the bottom in 5A enrollment though.

20 minutes ago, PantherPride said:

Unfortunately for my community it is true. I don’t know all the details as there’s a lot of rumors but there’s 3 players with mug shots online cause they were over 18.

Sorry to hear that @PantherPride. Hopefully Northwood can overcome it with who they have, but more importantly I hope the lesson these boys need to learn is learned. 

37 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

TOUGH situation at NW. Feel bad for everyone involved. The coaches and administration are in a real difficult situation now. 

Unfortunate, absolutely but it shouldn’t be difficult. You treat this the same as you would any other kid in any sport. Most schools have a 1/3 of the season policy. Warsaw is going through this with 10 players currently. Just because the team has a real shot of making it to state should not lessen the blow on what the suspension looks like. We’ll see what the young athletic director decides. I have a hunch the families are working any and every angle to mitigate the suspension as much as possible.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

They were “success factored” but, like you, I can’t recall if they might have actually also been 5A coterminous with the bump up….in any event, it was close I believe.

With that, I’d argue the only true 5A school to actually win 5A is Snider (in, arguably, the most exciting State Championship game I’ve ever watched).  I realize that Westfield was technically 5A when it won but by everything I’ve read or seen both then and now, they were well into 6A student population the year they won.

Truthfully, 5A has only ever had one legitimate “home grown” power - Snider.  Every other champion has generally been jumped up 4As or a sole 6A on its way out.

I’ll not pat myself on the back too hard but I called it back when 5A was given its mutant birth.  5A is essentially where every good 4A team wants to graze because the pickings are so easy.

• Like 1

I think anything less than 4 games and you can’t be taken seriously as an administration.  When I went to school at another high school the penalty for drinking was 4 games for 1st offense. That would mean if Northwood were to actually find a way to get out of the north they would be back to full strength for a state title game. That said if they were to make it past regional it would be a great accomplishment. 

Edited by PantherPride
  • Like 1

So isn't the first time just a 2 game suspension, going by IHSAA policy? Meaning if they can make it out of sectionals, they could have their guys back. However, the staff and administration can probably take it into their own hands and suspend them as long as they want or remove them from the team. Definitely tuned in to see what comes from this.

9 minutes ago, PantherPride said:

I think anything less than 4 games and you can’t be taken seriously as an administration.  When I went to school at another high school the penalty for drinking was 4 games for 1st offense. That would mean if Northwood were to actually find a way to get out of the north they would be back to full strength for a state title game. That said if they were to make it past regional it would be a great accomplishment. 

There is a pretty specific code of conduct on their football website that applies to all athletes.

https://www.nwhsfootball.com/

I don't think they are getting off easy if they follow it.

10 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

So isn't the first time just a 2 game suspension, going by IHSAA policy? Meaning if they can make it out of sectionals, they could have their guys back. However, the staff and administration can probably take it into their own hands and suspend them as long as they want or remove them from the team. Definitely tuned in to see what comes from this.

The IHSAA has no conduct/enforcement policy that I am aware of, just general expectations in the by-laws.. You are likely thinking of the SIAC's code of conduct policy, which would prescribe a 20% loss of season for a first offense (2 games in football). It is enforced very differently from school to school however, so much so that I'm not sure we can call it a conference-wide policy anymore.

Edited by tango