Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Duneland Athletic Conference Thread (DAC)

29 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

This is depressing. Based on enrollment and socio-economic/demographic factors I think a 6A Title is a complete and utter pipe dream for my alma mater. But, competing in the DAC, winning a Sectional Title here and there along with possibly a Regional are not unattainable aspirations. I would argue the current raw talent is far greater than what we had in the mid '90's when I was there. The gradual switch in demographics with Lake County move ins has made Portage bigger and faster. Yet, they continuously get worse in football. Portage has never recovered from the day Buzea was forced out for exposing the disfunction within the Portage Administration.

Honestly I've never understood why Portage has been so bad either. They always seem to be solid defensively but just can't ever seem to get the offense figured out. They've even had solid coaches like Wally McCormack lead the team since Buz's departure. That's an interesting point you made about the raw talent being better than the 90s, because honestly overall I still think they might have the worst talent level in the DAC. And I just don't see that this program has an identity to it at all. They don't have the line play to compete with Valpo nor the athletes to compete with Ville and City. Their stuck in between a rock and a hard place. 

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Wow, that's an awful take. The guy has only accomplished something no coach in the entire history of Michigan City athletics has ever accomplished in football at City, Rogers, or Elston by winning more than 1 Regional. And he's won a Regional 3 times since 2017. Then, for extra measure, Mason has 6 Sectional, 3 Regional, 2 Semi-State, and 1 State Tile on his resume as HC at Andrean. 

I fear Cody Parkhurst has finally found The Gridiron Digest.

That would be because Valpo wasn’t in there sectional. City had no competition! No city has to go through the gauntlet and mason can’t prove to do it 

• Disdain 1

9 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

That would be because Valpo wasn’t in there sectional. City had no competition! No city has to go through the gauntlet and mason can’t prove to do it 

They literally beat Valpo in regionals this year...I always thought people were exaggerating how braindead your takes were on FB but now I see what they mean. Don't bring the ignorance to the GID. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

They literally beat Valpo in regionals this year...I always thought people were exaggerating how braindead your takes were on FB but now I see what they mean. Don't bring the ignorance to the GID. 

But lost to them in regular season. So what’s up ur point? City played a nearly perfect game in regionals. I’d still take Valpo. Looking at history and head to head. 1-1 last year. But Valpo was the better team. Valpo not being ranked this year is a travesty. 

• Disdain 1

30 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

But lost to them in regular season. So what’s up ur point? City played a nearly perfect game in regionals. I’d still take Valpo. Looking at history and head to head. 1-1 last year. But Valpo was the better team. Valpo not being ranked this year is a travesty. 

Your point was that they've only had postseason success cause they haven't seen Valpo, which is false. Good lord you can't even keep up with your own arguments... Valpo wasn't the better team that night at regionals. And I guarantee if you ask Marshall he wouldn't care at all that they won the regular season matchup. Go back to FB. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Your point was that they've only had postseason success cause they haven't seen Valpo, which is false. Good lord you can't even keep up with your own arguments... Valpo wasn't the better team that night at regionals. And I guarantee if you ask Marshall he wouldn't care at all that they won the regular season matchup. Go back to FB. 

3 OTs? There was no better team. And again I’ll say omg city won a game they still went 1-1 Valpo history wise and talent wise has the advantage. And it will show again this year. City is 4th best in the DAC

12 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

3 OTs? There was no better team. And again I’ll say omg city won a game they still went 1-1 Valpo history wise and talent wise has the advantage. And it will show again this year. City is 4th best in the DAC

All that matters is who won, which was Michigan City. YOU specifically said Michigan City couldn't win a Sectional with Valpo in it. Now you're trying to back track to deflect from another completely awful take. I'm sure you'll do it again if City finishes higher than 4th in the DAC. Please go back to Facebook. 

19 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Honestly I've never understood why Portage has been so bad either. They always seem to be solid defensively but just can't ever seem to get the offense figured out. They've even had solid coaches like Wally McCormack lead the team since Buz's departure. That's an interesting point you made about the raw talent being better than the 90s, because honestly overall I still think they might have the worst talent level in the DAC. And I just don't see that this program has an identity to it at all. They don't have the line play to compete with Valpo nor the athletes to compete with Ville and City. Their stuck in between a rock and a hard place. 

I could be wrong. I haven't watched a Portage game in person since the late 1990's. Just my assumption when I watch them live streamed or when I see a roster that they look bigger and faster than we were.  We were probably better coached in the mid '90's. Buzea was very demanding on conditioning and discipline. Dave Turpa was also a great D Coordinator who could have been a HC elsewhere if he wanted the role.

Not sure why there is so much Mason hate, as everyone has mentioned, MC has gone from a doormat and ten plus years without beating DAC teams to having a winning record against every team in the conference except Valpo, they were everyone's homecoming before Mason. He's undoubtedly one of the best coaches in state let alone the region to turn around a perennial dormant. 

6 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

Not sure why there is so much Mason hate, as everyone has mentioned, MC has gone from a doormat and ten plus years without beating DAC teams to having a winning record against every team in the conference except Valpo, they were everyone's homecoming before Mason. He's undoubtedly one of the best coaches in state let alone the region to turn around a perennial dormant. 

The best part is that it's limited to the Merrillville fan who likely hasn't done his (still assuming it's Parkhurst) homework. If my math is correct, Mason is 7-5 against Merrillville from his time at Andrean and City. Not a good look for the Pirates to have a losing record against a guy who supposedly can't coach!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Boilernation said:

All that matters is who won, which was Michigan City. YOU specifically said Michigan City couldn't win a Sectional with Valpo in it. Now you're trying to back track to deflect from another completely awful take. I'm sure you'll do it again if City finishes higher than 4th in the DAC. Please go back to Facebook. 

Give this guy a break.  He has every right to be here just as much as you do.  Back off.  

Edited by DT

50 minutes ago, DACNUT said:

There is no Mason hate.  There are questions as to whether he is capable of getting City over the hump and into the 5A title game.  Its a legit question.  MCs problems are good problems to have.  They have a fantastic football program and people want it to be even better.  What could be wrong with that?

21 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Back off.  He has every right to be here.  Maybe you should go to FB.  

6 hours ago, DACNUT said:

They don’t have a winning record against merrillville either with mason. Merrillville hasn’t lost much to them in last 20 years 

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

They don’t have a winning record against merrillville either with mason. Merrillville hasn’t lost much to them in last 20 years 

MC is 3-2 against Merrillville under Mason.

Why do you continue to make statements that can be proven false with a quick internet search?

”17 D1 players.”

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

Coach Mason is 4 and 3 vs Merrillville while at Andrean . 3 and 2 vs Merrillville while at Michigan City,

I think in 2018 We had a running clock in the second half,

Edited by MC Dad

Im sorry as my son and I were laughing at this  10 sectionals   6 regionals and 2 semi states along with a state championship.

Did you watch Trey Simmons tonight for the North. Giovanti Laurent was a captain.

Man I wonder what if City would have had a Michigan lineman and a ND receiver from Hammond walk in the door.

Ask Braden Fiske who will be drafted next year what the change at City has done.

I watched a City LaPorte Sectional championship at a sold out Ames. City won 31-10  fist time in History! 

I watched City take the Mighty Homewood Flossmoor Vikings to the final play of overtime OMG if the DE makes the play.

I watched a 5'7 QB play like he was 10 feet tall.

I think maybe somebody is well wishing maybe City was 4A 

Oh watched City scrimmage a real big physical Elkhart team. Very Impressive

Go Wolves we dont brag and talk crap we just work to get there !

On 7/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, scarab527 said:

Go back to FB. 

It’s counter-productive to try and chase people off the GID because you believe their opinions are unjustified. We need all the voices we can get. Difference of opinion is what makes the forum interesting. You should be thanking him, not trying to chase him away.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

It’s counter-productive to try and chase people off the GID because you believe their opinions are unjustified. We need all the voices we can get. Difference of opinion is what makes the forum interesting. You should be thanking him, not trying to chase him away.

I’m not thanking anyone for talking out of their behind saying ignorant stuff that can be easily disproved with a 2-second google search. That does not add anything to this forum and you know it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

I’m not thanking anyone for talking out of their behind saying ignorant stuff that can be easily disproved with a 2-second google search. That does not add anything to this forum and you know it. 

Call out his posts all you want. But telling him he’s not welcome is another thing entirely.

24 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Didn’t tell him he wasn’t welcome. Just told him to leave the ignorance on FB. 

I beg to differ. Why would you say that when in 10 sec. I could retrieve your earlier post and show what you actually said. 😉The exact language was “Go back to FB.” If that doesn’t say you’re not welcome on the GID, I don’t know what does.

16 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I beg to differ. Why would you say that when in 10 sec. I could retrieve your earlier post and show what you actually said. 😉The exact language was “Go back to FB.” If that doesn’t say you’re not welcome on the GID, I don’t know what does.

The words “you’re not welcome on the GID” were not typed by me. Go pull up my posts 😉. I know you’re a lawyer Bob, but do we really have to argue about this? 

13 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

The words “you’re not welcome on the GID” were not typed by me. Go pull up my posts 😉. I know you’re a lawyer Bob, but do we really have to argue about this? 

Oh, please. I’d rather argue about your I’ll-chosen use of the passive voice.

43 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

So, if I referred to you as”the southern end of a northbound horse,” could I later say I did not call you a horse’s a$$ because I didn’t use those exact words?