Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Happy Festivus … For The Rest Of Us!

Bobref

Friends, are you among the many who are turned off by the rank commercialization of Christmas? Don’t really understand what Hanukah is all about? Can’t really get behind Kwanza?  Well, don’t despair. You can still join in the holiday spirit … by celebrating Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us!

Yes, today is Festivus. Each year at this time we recall the story of Festivus. How Festivus has been around for a long time, but burst into public consciousness during the 1997 episode of Seinfeld “The Strike.” There, Frank Costanza (George’s father) explained the origin of Festivus, as depicted in this video clip.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbfMmCf5-ds I’ve pulled the Festivus Pole out of the crawl space and shined it up. Mine is aircraft grade aluminum, with a very high strength to weight ratio. And you don’t have to bother with any decorations on the Festivus pole, as tinsel is distracting. Tonight, we celebrate with the traditional Festivus dinner of meat loaf and mashed potatoes, preceded by the Airing of Grievances, where we all berate those who have disappointed us in the past year. I’ve got a lot of problems with you people!

Then we move on to my favorite part: the Feats of Strength! Festivus is not ended until someone bests the master of the house in a Feat of Strength. So, I declare Festivus will continue until someone manages to pin @temptation! I nominate @IndianaWrestlingGuy Let’s get ready to rumble! 

Finally, let me close with a heartfelt plea that I hope reaches you at this special time of year when we must consider those less fortunate. I do hope you will find it in your hearts this year to make a donation to the Human Fund in honor of Festivus. After all, it’s money … for people.

May you all have the Festivus you deserve. That will truly be a Festivus Miracle!

Happy Festivus!

• Haha 2