Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Section 24 Thread

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I had one but not the other.  

memorial has to love the ping pong balls though lol 2 years in a row they are on the opposite side of the undefeated SIAC champ and both years that team gets beat setting memorial up for a slightly easier run. (Not a jab just think it’s neat) 

Just stop...

2 hours ago, FootballFan2000 said:

Can’t wait for all the comments this week. 

“Well, we beat Boonville by x number of points and they beat Reitz by 1, so therefore we would have won the SIAC easily”

So you're saying Linton, Gibson Southern, Owen Valley, Southridge and maybe Sullivan all would have won the SIAC??

6 hours ago, tango said:

Just stop...

It’s not a jab dude

just pointing out the anomaly of the undefeated SIAC team losing 2 years in a row in round 2. It’s not a slight against the SIAC or memorial at all and I have No ulterior motives with talking about this 

But….since we are here….you really don’t want to see me commenting do ya?  I mean you were the biggest Boonville doubter this year and look at ya….just dead wrong about them lol  

should I ask for receipts? Lol

24 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It’s not a jab dude

just pointing out the anomaly of the undefeated SIAC team losing 2 years in a row in round 2. It’s not a slight against the SIAC or memorial at all and I have No ulterior motives with talking about this 

But….since we are here….you really don’t want to see me commenting do ya?  I mean you were the biggest Boonville doubter this year and look at ya….just dead wrong about them lol  

should I ask for receipts? Lol

LOL, you can come at me all you want with your "receipts". I've been a big Boonville fan, but I did have doubts. I also said lack of discipline would eventually catch up to Reitz and I believe they had 4 PF in the 4th Q. I had doubts about Owen Valley too and boy was I wrong. By the way, undefeated Jasper lost in Round 1 last year to Northview, not Round 2, which means Jasper has only 1 playoff W in Coach Lewis' 4 years. That surprised me a little bit. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, combthehair said:

Another interesting stat, jasper threw a pass on 1st and ten. I didnt know we could do thaf. 

Back to back drives of long run tds for the tigers. I was surpised we made a game of it after that. 

We just couldn't close the door, which is a credit to Jasper. Your guys battled the whole game. 

Edited by tango

10 minutes ago, tango said:

LOL, you can come at me all you want with your "receipts". I've been a big Boonville fan, but I did have doubts. I also said lack of discipline would eventually catch up to Reitz and I believe they had 4 PF in the 4th Q. I had doubts about Owen Valley too and boy was I wrong. By the way, undefeated Jasper lost in Round 1 last year to Northview, not Round 2, which means Jasper has only 1 playoff W in Coach Lewis' 4 years. That surprised me a little bit. 

Fair lol

im really not trying to come at you…but I don’t want to be told to stop commenting for talking about how things have played out ya know? 

i just find it really interesting that the last 2 years the “best” SIAC team might have not been the actual best when it comes to winning in the postseason.  If I have learned anything these last 6/7 years…it’s that memorial is a different animal in the playoffs and the regular season doesn’t mean too much 

8 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Fair lol

im really not trying to come at you…but I don’t want to be told to stop commenting for talking about how things have played out ya know? 

i just find it really interesting that the last 2 years the “best” SIAC team might have not been the actual best when it comes to winning in the postseason.  If I have learned anything these last 6/7 years…it’s that memorial is a different animal in the playoffs and the regular season doesn’t mean too much 

All good man. I enjoy the discussions with you. Sincerely hate it that GS lost. You guys on here are all good dudes and love your team like we love ours. Sucks when the season ends. 

1 minute ago, tango said:

All good man. I enjoy the discussions with you. Sincerely hate it that GS lost. You guys on here are all good dudes and love your team like we love ours. Sucks when the season ends. 

Never fun when they lose but I really can’t think about anything other than just how OV played their absolute best game and earned that victory.  The refs didn’t help them and GS was as legit of a team as any in the southern part of the state.  

it honestly just reminds me of when Coach Hart was turning Gs around in 2012/2013.  Owen Valley might be a new yearly contender in 3A. 

Still sucks that the season ended for GS but we have seen this before and Coach Hart will have the titans prepared next year ready to make a run I’m sure.  

Memorial Vs Boonville should be fun though.  Feel like that game is going to be a lower scoring affair.  First to 24 points wins the game? 

9 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial fans will be big East Central fans next week.

A Memorial win and EC win, Memorial will host the Regional, an EC loss sends Memorial to Martinsville 

Looks like Boonville will either travel to Martinsville or East Central if they beat Memorial. Reasoning, Martinsville  is playing away in the sectional final(Non-SF host), EC is playing at home, but the odd sectional number would host, if EC wins.

(If I am correct)

Determining Home Team
Classes 2A, 4A, 6A
Sectional final game non-host, if applicable, or odd sectional number.

Would not be surprised to see running clock in second half of EC game.  

58 minutes ago, tango said:

Jasper has only 1 playoff W in Coach Lewis' 4 years. That surprised me a little bit. 

Of course those 4 losses came to opponents with a combined 6 losses between them (3 from this year's memorial team)  I'm guessing Jasper was only favored in last year's game.

1 minute ago, Alduflux said:

Of course those 4 losses came to opponents with a combined 6 losses between them (3 from this year's memorial team)  I'm guessing Jasper was only favored in last year's game.

I think the bigger stat is no section championship since 2013.  

9 minutes ago, Alduflux said:

That wasn't a jab. Just surprised me when I jumped on Harrell's site. JCats have had some tough draws for sure.

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

Really? I thought Martinsville was suppose to be good, unless EC plays a better schedule

EC has three playmakers that would start anywhere.  Ringer (RB), #1 (WR) and #20 (RB/WR).  If their QB can get the ball and not make turnovers, they are very dangerous.  

2 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

EC has three playmakers that would start anywhere.  Ringer (RB), #1 (WR) and #20 (RB/WR).  If their QB can get the ball and not make turnovers, they are very dangerous.  

Ringer was a dawg in our game last year. Tough player. EC is always tough. Gotta be to have raging mullets and dance to techno in the locker room. 

8 minutes ago, tango said:

Ringer was a dawg in our game last year. Tough player. EC is always tough. Gotta be to have raging mullets and dance to techno in the locker room. 

I’m sure EC would like to have in the us in the Regional Championship again, but that will be a long drive for the Trojans if both teams wins. But I’m sure they would love Boonville to win since the Pioneers should have to make the 4 hour drive to St. Leon

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Fair lol

totally agree.  those who dont are not paying attention.

there is the regular season and there is the real season.  look at the scorebored

Recap of sectional semifinals:

Very disappointing loss and end for Reitz after what was a very promising season. They ran into a team that was on fire and ready to prove people wrong. Many things went wrong for Reitz in that game, but did anybody see video of the last Reitz XP attempt to tie the game yet? Appears that the Boonville player ran offsides right before the snap (also got a fingertip on the ball) but it was not called. Very unfortunate. But personally, I'll usually always lean towards going for 2 to win in that situation, especially on the road. But again, Reitz had many opportunities and made many mistakes. It also didn't help losing Burnett and Brantley early to injuries. Boonville came ready to play, maintained that level throughout, and did not make many mistakes. The QB Conner made big plays when he needed to and is simply one of the better athletes in southern Indiana. Both the Reitz offense and defense had been outstanding all season and they both struggled in that game. Offense struggled to maintain drives and get their playmakers the ball until it was too late. Defense struggled to tackle the QB and did not adjust well to what Boonville was doing. Good for Boonville, lots of credit to them. None of us were alive the last time they beat Reitz. They now carry a lot of momentum into a showdown with Memorial. Reitz will be disappointed but they have come along way from the last few years - from being mediocre to the top of the conference. They lose a few talented seniors but return a whole lot of juniors and their sophomore QB. 

Memorial vs. Jasper was a great game and it never felt like either team was going to win the game comfortably. Very evenly contested and many punches traded. Both teams made mistakes and both teams made winning plays. That's the kind of battle you expect between them and want in a sectional semifinal. Jasper came a long way from getting beat by Harrison and blown out by Reitz. They got their playmakers back healthy, adjusted their offensive a bit, and started playing Jasper football again. They just ran into a team that also came along way from early season, a team that figures out how to win games in the postseason. Credit to Coach Hurley and Johnson, they always seem to save a little magic dust to sprinkle in the playoffs. Even though Boonville just took down Reitz and will have the home field advantage, I still see Memorial as the favorite. Looking forward to a rematch of Memorial vs. EC in regionals. Jasper loses a handful of key seniors but return some promising athletes, especially two talented freshmen at QB and RB. 

• Like 1