Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LCC at ANDREAN

LCC finally plays Andrean!  They have never played before.  Who wins and why?  I think Andrean will win 28-20.  LCC could win, but they will have to play just about perfect.  I guess if Lafayette Jeff can beat Crown Point, then LCC could beat Andrean.

21 minutes ago, hick said:

So you're really saying LCC wins this one, but in a roundabout way so you avoid eating crow if they don't. Solid strategy. 

No, I don't think LCC will win, but nobody thought Jeff was going to win and they did.  I don't think Andrean will win by 25 or 30.  I would ask you what you think about the game, but you probably don't care who wins.

42 minutes ago, Tippy said:

No, I don't think LCC will win, but nobody thought Jeff was going to win and they did.  I don't think Andrean will win by 25 or 30.  I would ask you what you think about the game, but you probably don't care who wins.s 

I think Andrean wins.  Hope I'm wrong though.  If Linton's fortunate enough to play at LOS and avoid Andrean or Luers I like our chances.

Wouldn't mind a rematch with LCC to boot

2 hours ago, Tippy said:

LCC finally plays Andrean!  They have never played before.  Who wins and why?  I think Andrean will win 28-20.  LCC could win, but they will have to play just about perfect.  I guess if Lafayette Jeff can beat Crown Point, then LCC could beat Andrean.

The key to LCC being able to have a shot at winning is tied to a couple of things ... figuring out how to stifle the passing attack and doing so with a defensive scheme that limits the run ... not necessarily an easy task.  This is particularly true given that Andrean will sling the ball and do so successfully ... and LCC's vulnerable to the pass under their current defensive scheme.  Andrean falters when rushing for under 100 yards in a game. 

The rush limit is definitely doable as LCC limited Rochester's 3-headed running attack to just under 60% of its season average rushing and making for the second-lowest run total of the season.  With that said, Rochester didn't have a passing game to offset, so LCC's going to have to do something other than cramming 10 in the box as a defensive scheme.  If LCC puts 10 in the box, they are likely to get scorched in the air as Andrean's QBs have around a 70% completion rate and have aired the ball out a couple hundred times and have 18 TDs to show for it.  My guess is that they are going to have to give plenty of different looks on D and rely on stunting.  The key might be in studying what Merrillville or Lowell was able to do on the run.  Then again we are talking about a 6A and 4A team, so the obvious answer might be, "They were just bigger and had depth."

The bigger issue for LCC is going to be the offensive side of the ball.  Andrean has only given up a max of 28 points this season.  When giving up 27-28 points, they are 1-3 for the season.  If LCC is able to find a way to trade punches, then that gives them a puncher's chance.  The problem though is that offense is somewhat choppy for LCC.  Rochester held LCC to 24 points for the game there was a late-game TD to get to that 24.  LCC will need to find a way to move the ball and keep it close to provide some potential slack for the defense to get things figured out ... again, I think LCC's going to need to do something other than standard D to have a shot.

Special teams have helped LCC this season, but Andrean's likely to blunt that ... and least from the kicking side.  They have a kicker who can kick touchbacks with 8 of them for the season and average kickoffs of 47 yards.  By contrast, LCC has one touchback and averages around 32 yards.  They are both roughly even around 32 yards for punts.  Where LCC tends to have the advantage is in kick and punt returns.  While averages tend to be similar, LCC tends to be explosive on returns and is always dangerous in that category.  LCC has three games with punt returns of 40 or more yards and four games with kickoff returns of 40 or more yards.  Andrean;s stats, which might be lacking, show one game with a punt return at 40 or more yards and no games with a kickoff return of 40 or more yards.  LCC's Henry is 5-6 on FGs with a long of 28 and 54 of 56 on PATs.  Andrean's Cusick is 2-3 on FGs with a long of 27 and 29 of 36 on PATs.  Leg points favor LCC.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, foxbat said:

The bigger issue for LCC is going to be the offensive side of the ball.  Andrean has only given up a max of 28 points this season.  When giving up 27-28 points, they are 1-3 for the season.  If LCC is able to find a way to trade punches, then that gives them a puncher's chance.  The problem though is that offense is somewhat choppy for LCC.  Rochester held LCC to 24 points for the game there was a late-game TD to get to that 24.  LCC will need to find a way to move the ball and keep it close to provide some potential slack for the defense to get things figured out ... again, I think LCC's going to need to do something other than standard D to have a shot.

That late TD was a bit uncalled for from just listening to to the LCC(Lafayette radio station) call of the game.  Even they thought that LCC should have been happy with the win at that point.

1 hour ago, Major said:

That late TD was a bit uncalled for from just listening to to the LCC(Lafayette radio station) call of the game.  Even they thought that LCC should have been happy with the win at that point.

The Rochester announcers didn't say anything.  LCC was at the 1 yard line and scored.  Most teams would have done the same thing.  I can't remember how much time was left when they scored.  It was 17-8 and if Rochester got the ball back they might have scored.  I remember when LCC played West Lafayette a few years ago and WL threw a 40 yard pass with 2 minutes left in the game when they were up 42-0.  Nobody said anything.  The LCC players and coaches should have to attend 7:30am Mass every Sunday for the next year for doing this.  I hope they don't get kicked out of the IHSAA.

12 hours ago, hick said:

I think Andrean wins.  Hope I'm wrong though.  If Linton's fortunate enough to play at LOS and avoid Andrean or Luers I like our chances.

Wouldn't mind a rematch with LCC to boot

I don’t have the smarts real good so help me understand. You like Liptons chances at a team that gets past Dakich Tech or Lures instead of those 2? Wouldn’t that team probably be better?

37 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I don’t have the smarts real good so help me understand. You like Liptons chances at a team that gets past Dakich Tech or Lures instead of those 2? Wouldn’t that team probably be better?

"Dakich Tech" 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

That Lures team sounds fishy to me. lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Major said:

10/17/2008:  96-0. Never forget.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yes, never forget.

You never say anything about the other scores.  You never say 156-0 never forget.  Its always 96-0.  What's really bothering you Muda?  I don't think its the score.

5 minutes ago, Tippy said:

You never say anything about the other scores.  You never say 156-0 never forget.  Its always 96-0.  What's really bothering you Muda?  I don't think its the score.

He’s like  Mel Gibsons and doesn’t like the Catholics. I swear to The Virgin Mary he doesn’t 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Honestly I know nothing of LCC but I think it's cool this matchup is finally happening. Should be a good one. 

I hope LCC can keep it close.  I wish the game was at LCC.  LCC has played Dwenger before, but never Andrean.

4 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Im tossing this in my head...

Westside defeated LCC 52-21

Westside defeated Harrison 27-14 who defeated Lafayette Jeff 34-27 who defeated Crown Point 38-28 who defeated Andrean 28-18

I don't know what this means, but I think it is looking better for LCC. 🙂