Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA Tweaks Success Factor

https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/062223.pdf

The IHSAA adjusted how the schools are assigned in the 4 class sports, but also tweaks the success factor. Does this mean a school like Mater Dei, who has accumulated 7 points over the past 2 seasons, will be moved to 3A for 2024, or does the new "rolling 2 year period" start this season?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

I'm believing this article and story refers to every other IHSAA sport except football. Are there not six classes in football?

Yes, but the same Success Factor rules apply to all the class sports (3, 4 & 6), right? It seems a little unclear if the new rolling two-year period starts in 2024. 

Edited by tango

55 minutes ago, tango said:

Yes, but the same Success Factor rules apply to all the class sports (3, 4 & 6), right? It seems a little unclear if the new rolling two-year period starts in 2024. 

Under the current system school year 2023-24 is the end of a two year cycle.

The press release states it will start annual counts 2024-25. So my assumption (and you know grandma said about assumptions) is for football this fall (2023) teams like MD and East Central have 4 points from 2022 to be added to their fall 2023 results. If they have 6, they move up for 2024 & 2025. 

Any points earned in fall 2023 will be added with points earned in 2024 to measure against the 6 for ‘bump up’ purposes. 

The fall 2022 & 2023 point count will go on as planned but the first ‘rolling’ count will be fall 2023 & 24 (school year 2024-25) as stated in the press release. 

This is my interpretation anyway 

• Like 1