Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North SS: FW Luers @ Andrean

54 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

That's an interesting comment. How did you come to that conclusion? Luers isn't playing a rural 2A school in Farmsville. They're playing a school that sits on the Merrillville/Gary border.

Luers plays a better schedule than Andrean. Not a slight to Andrean st all, they are a very good team and have a great chance to win this game

Edited by Komets2727

On 11/14/2022 at 10:10 PM, Komets2727 said:

I gotta say, Luers is not getting much respect round these parts. Almost every year, they are around a .500 team and almost every year they seem to be making a state title run. There is nothing that Andrean is going to do that they haven’t already seen this year. They have played much better teams with more athletes and speed. I think this will be a very good game that goes down to the wire, Luers 24 - Andrean 21

It, as many 260 folks know, is the factor of them playing above class ++ for every game that helps them this time of the year. Andrean plays above class as well all games so will be close. I'll take Luers by 6

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

That's an interesting comment. How did you come to that conclusion? Luers isn't playing a rural 2A school in Farmsville. They're playing a school that sits on the Merrillville/Gary border.

Luers doesn't care if it is M-ville/Gary border or mean streets of FWA, not much of a difference there IMO. 

34 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

My point was that Andrean isn't a bunch of farm boys. I'm curious to know how it was determined Luers has played much more atlhetes and speed. 

Luers are not farm boys either, so not sure what you are point out??

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

It, as many 260 folks know, is the factor of them playing above class ++ for every game that helps them this time of the year. Andrean plays above class as well all games so will be close. I'll take Luers by 6

Luers has never really gotten much respect from the locals, at least outside of their program. Fort Wayne is and has always been a Snider/Dwenger town. Every other school is kind of an afterthought when compared to those 2. Now that said, these 2 teams are very evenly matched. Both have good athletes and  are playing physical football. Both are very well coached teams with a lot of tradition in the tourney. Give me Luers 31-27 in a slugfest! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

My point was that Andrean isn't a bunch of farm boys. I'm curious to know how it was determined Luers has played much more atlhetes and speed. 

If you posed the question to me, my answer would be based on the results of our 7v7 teams nationally. The teams from FW are tops in Indiana year in and year out. 

6 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

If you posed the question to me, my answer would be based on the results of our 7v7 teams nationally. The teams from FW are tops in Indiana year in and year out. 

I thought Gibson Southern was the 7-on-7 Indiana Champions of the Universe? @Titan32

Also, aren't there some next level 7-on-7 teams based in Hamilton/Marion counties?

54 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I thought Gibson Southern was the 7-on-7 Indiana Champions of the Universe? @Titan32

Also, aren't there some next level 7-on-7 teams based in Hamilton/Marion counties?

I’m sure there are some teams down in the Indy area that are pretty darn good. I should have been more clear and said “one of the best” but I feel as a whole NE Indiana puts out better skill position players than any other corner of the state. That’s just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I’m sure there are some teams down in the Indy area that are pretty darn good. I should have been more clear and said “one of the best” but I feel as a whole NE Indiana puts out better skill position players than any other corner of the state. That’s just my opinion.

I assume the 7-on-7 scene is split between many organizations and tournaments so determining the best isn't the easiest?

1 minute ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I assume the 7-on-7 scene is split between many organizations and tournaments so determining the best isn't the easiest?

Yea I did a little research on it and it’s much different than my playing days. Now, it’s set up like AAU Basketball. They have they Nike circuit and the Addidas circuit. A bunch of tourneys all late spring and summer. 

8 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

If GS lost a 7-on-7 game it could only be due to injuries.  Apparently, they simply don't lose when healthy but really suck when it comes to thigh bruises and groin strains

I think last year Luers had a better team than they do this year. Andrean also had a better team last year than they do this year but...they have #34 back. I think it will be a good game. I don't think either team will just run away with this. I think if Luers is going to have a fighting chance they have to have their wide receivers make plays down field. Bowen can cover a lot of ground in the middle of the field as we saw against LCC, but I think with the big receivers they have Luers can attack them from hash to sidelines. However, Andrean will have the best player on the field tonight, so I'm going with the 59ers. 

10 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Gibson Southern has done well as a school team...I think he is talking about these summer teams the kids pay to play on.  Kinda the equivalent of AAU basketball....your money is supposed to get you on the "best" team with the "best" "exposure" ...ie we will put your name in our twitter blasts.

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I think last year Luers had a better team than they do this year. Andrean also had a better team last year than they do this year but...they have #34 back. I think it will be a good game. I don't think either team will just run away with this. I think if Luers is going to have a fighting chance they have to have their wide receivers make plays down field. Bowen can cover a lot of ground in the middle of the field as we saw against LCC, but I think with the big receivers they have Luers can attack them from hash to sidelines. However, Andrean will have the best player on the field tonight, so I'm going with the 59ers. 

How "big" are the Luers receivers? 

On 11/14/2022 at 9:10 PM, Komets2727 said:

I gotta say, Luers is not getting much respect round these parts. Almost every year, they are around a .500 team and almost every year they seem to be making a state title run. There is nothing that Andrean is going to do that they haven’t already seen this year. They have played much better teams with more athletes and speed. I think this will be a very good game that goes down to the wire, Luers 24 - Andrean 21

While this is true you can say the exact same for Andrean in regards to Luers. Should be a great game tonight. 

45 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

While this is true you can say the exact same for Andrean in regards to Luers. Should be a great game tonight. 

Yeah. Merrillville and Chicago south suburban Crete-Monee bring a plethora of athletes and speed to the field. I just find it interesting when subjective comments are passed off as facts. But, none of that really matters. Game time temps will have real feels in the single digits with 20+ mph wind gusts. I think this one will be won in the trenches. I would personally take Andrean in this scenario since they have the ultimate workhorse at RB. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

6'3" 195, 6'3" 185, 6'2" 175

Andrean has two DB's listed right at 6'. I'd say that is an advantage.

I think one of those DB's is Patrick Clacks though. Is that correct @scarab527? If Maxpreps is correct, he has 70 receptions for over 1,000 yards and 13 TD's. The Junior also has an assortment of D1 scholarship offers. What he makes up for in height vs. the Luers WR's is likely made up for in talent. Nonetheless, it won't be an easy night to throw the ball based on weather conditions.

Edited by Boilernation

19 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I think one of those DB's is Patrick Clacks though. Is that correct @scarab527? If Maxpreps is correct, he has 70 receptions for over 1,000 yards and 13 TD's. The Junior also has an assortment of D1 scholarship offers. What he makes up for in height vs. the Luers WR's is likely made up for in talent. Nonetheless, it won't be an easy night to throw the ball based on weather conditions.

Clacks has not played DB this year at all from what I've seen. No clue whether that will hold true tonight. The Andrean Secondary has done a solid job all year long up until this point, however. We'll see how they do against Nick Thompson. 

16 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Clacks has not played DB this year at all from what I've seen. No clue whether that will hold true tonight. The Andrean Secondary has done a solid job all year long up until this point, however. We'll see how they do against Nick Thompson. 

Got ya...thanks! How is Father Eckert Field holding up?