Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A: Carroll vs Center Grove

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Its like the anti-MIC/HCC crowd that claims that teams like New Pal could waltz in and compete on a week in/week out basis based on how they played during 1-2 weeks of the season.

Last Friday was the first time Carroll was a honest/decisive underdog on paper all season and I’m betting they had a chip on their shoulder…and they probably should have.

Can you have a chip two weeks in a row?  Sure.  

But Carroll having to play CG/Brownsburg’s schedule sure as hell is not undefeated.

(Yeah, I said it.)

Doesn’t mean they can’t beat them in a one game scenario though.

If Carroll wins on Friday, can we dub them as the best team in the state? Or will they only have won because they didn't play the same rigorous schedule that the Indy schools play? I feel like this is heading toward 'our teams are beat up physically, and your team is fresh.'

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

If Carroll wins on Friday, can we dub them as the best team in the state? Or will they only have won because they didn't play the same rigorous schedule that the Indy schools play? I feel like this is heading toward 'our teams are beat up physically, and your team is fresh.'

Undoubtedly we can call them the best team in the state.  Don’t twist it.

Hell, Carroll’s sectional was tougher than Center Grove’s

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Undoubtedly we can call them the best team in the state.  Don’t twist it.

This isn't even about the predictions that CG will win by three touchdowns. I'm perfectly fine with predictions. But to say Carroll isn't Top 3 after beating the best team in the best conference? 

8 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Sidebar - Did anyone find it weird that the IndyStar was there (at least for photos) for Carroll vs HSE, but didn't actually make an article covering and recapping the game? I don't want to read too much into that but I thought it was interesting...

do you guys ever have a big nice long response typed up 

and think maybe I crossed a line here

and have to delete it

cuz thats me every other post

Edited by Rodney

32 minutes ago, Rodney said:

do you guys ever have a big nice long response typed up 

and think maybe I crossed a line here

and have to delete it

cuz thats me every other post

Yes, and then I post it anyways… unless you have received a 30 day ban before, you are still on rookie status 😂

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Starting to sound like one of the guys Temp. Not the unbiased Indy poster I've been giving you credit for. It doesn't matter that Carroll crushed Penn or beat the #1 team in the state. Now they have to beat Center Grove to be considered Top 3. I'm not offended. I just like calling out Indy bullshit. 

Self-imposed warning point: 1

Why so fired up about predictions?  The game will be played Friday night. 

Enjoy the ride….

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Its like the anti-MIC/HCC crowd that claims that teams like New Pal could waltz in and compete on a week in/week out basis based on how they played during 1-2 weeks of the season.

Last Friday was the first time Carroll was a honest/decisive underdog on paper all season and I’m betting they had a chip on their shoulder…and they probably should have.

Can you have a chip two weeks in a row?  Sure.  

But Carroll having to play CG/Brownsburg’s schedule sure as hell is not undefeated.

(Yeah, I said it.)

Doesn’t mean they can’t beat them in a one game scenario though.

So, basically what you are saying is that if Carroll beats CG, they might make your top 5…. Got it, duly noted…

49 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

So, basically what you are saying is that if Carroll beats CG, they might make your top 5…. Got it, duly noted…

In all fairness, Temptation has Carroll at #3 in his poll. I just took issue with FK's "but Carroll has a chance to join that discussion with a win next week." I figured they'd be allowed part of that conversation with a win over HSE. Anyways, I'll just roll with:

The game will be played Friday night..........Bash Riprock

Congrats to both Carroll and Center Grove on great seasons.  Looking forward to a great match-up on Friday.............Coach Shanley

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Starting to sound like one of the guys Temp. Not the unbiased Indy poster I've been giving you credit for. It doesn't matter that Carroll crushed Penn or beat the #1 team in the state. Now they have to beat Center Grove to be considered Top 3. I'm not offended. I just like calling out Indy bullshit. 

Self-imposed warning point: 1

I might add Penn was a good football team this year. They crushed 4A and 5A teams playing in LOS this weekend. Played Cathedral very tough. Cathedral had 3 big plays that separated the two teams. Carroll came to our house and laid the smack down . I would never bet against them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BTF said:

We’ve heard it for years. Indy area schools are so good because of their schedule. But lord knows if they lose a game deep into the playoffs, it was because their schedule is so tough. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Yes, and then I post it anyways… unless you have received a 30 day ban before, you are still on rookie status 😂

oh boy a 30 day ban

I'm shaking

listen here guy I caught my first perma ban on the digest when you were still in diapers

just kidding i've totally not ever been banned here (please don't ban me)

Edited by Rodney

8 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

We’ve heard it for years. Indy area schools are so good because of their schedule. But lord knows if they lose a game deep into the playoffs, it was because their schedule is so tough. 

I have heard this insinuated by some in the past.

Edited by temptation

14 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Sidebar - Did anyone find it weird that the IndyStar was there (at least for photos) for Carroll vs HSE, but didn't actually make an article covering and recapping the game? I don't want to read too much into that but I thought it was interesting...

No I did not find it weird. The IndyStar sends out and/or contracts photographers and/or videographers to several games. Those photographers and videographer are not the ones writing the articles. They will send those photographers and videographers to games that Indianapolis and surrounding county teams are playing in. HSE is one of those surrounding county teams. The ones writing the articles can't be at multiple games.

The ones writing the articles covered:

Torres - Bishop Chatard vs West Lafayette

Neddenreip - Cathedral vs Center Grove 

Glespie - Roncalli vs East Central

Haenchen - Lutheran vs North Decatur

26 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

I got to go with CG by 500 they are undefeated in their last 5 trips to Lucas Oil Stadium. I would love to see a tie. I do hope Carroll brings a big crowd, the more the better for Indiana football.

CG +500 in crowd size

Their home side seats 3500 and they routinely fill it up. Neon Nation (student section) is as strong as any I'm guessing. Yes, they'll bring a crowd with them. 

15 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Can you give me a reason why you wouldn't hear that? If you look at 6A and 5A (it has been dominated by Indy area schools). Sucks to look at for those outside of Indy area schools but it is the truth.