Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

N.I.C. 2023 - A New Season

I think it was pretty evident last year with what happened to NP in the state finals how the central part of the state is on another level.  Makes me nostalgic for the “glory years” of northern Indiana football when I was growing up and teams like: Bremen, Jimtown, Northwood, Penn and St Joe were all making multiple trips to Indy to compete for a state title. There were years when 3 teams from the South Bend area were down there. Now it’s rare for anyone to break through. 

19 hours ago, PantherPride said:

I think it was pretty evident last year with what happened to NP in the state finals how the central part of the state is on another level.  Makes me nostalgic for the “glory years” of northern Indiana football when I was growing up and teams like: Bremen, Jimtown, Northwood, Penn and St Joe were all making multiple trips to Indy to compete for a state title. There were years when 3 teams from the South Bend area were down there. Now it’s rare for anyone to break through. 

Bremen admin are host going through the motions, they are fine with the status quo and won’t do anything to encourage kids to get involved. They chalk it up as that’s just the way it is. 

3 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Is this John Glenn and Coach Barron's break out season!!???  Do they sneak up on the more dominate programs this season

Who are the more dominant programs? Jimtown? Baugo has some thing’s quietly in the works. If anyone is gonna sneak up, it’s Riley, and based on last year they aren’t gonna be a surprise. 

I feel like Glenn in football is that program that’s always close but never broken through. Even when they were really good like 10 years ago Bremen was better.  Will be interesting to see what Barron can do there. Last year was their first winning record since 2014, which I was surprised by.  Don’t know what their roster is like but I’d think year 3 would be more likely for the break out year but they won’t be in the NIC by that point. 

On 8/5/2023 at 7:34 PM, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen admin are host going through the motions, they are fine with the status quo and won’t do anything to encourage kids to get involved. They chalk it up as that’s just the way it is. 

Agreed 100% …. Unfortunately !!!!! I couldn’t imagine coaches leaving football practices during sectionals to go to preseason girls basketball practice!  Honestly I wouldn’t think it’s going on anywhere except Bremen.  Maybe 🤔 I’m wrong !