Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who are the top 10 programs

2 hours ago, Grover said:

IEFA teams are school affiliated and there must be a youth program supporting the team. Players must either live in the school's district or attend that school.  There are groups of parents and profiteers who prefer to put together rogue travel teams and pick kids from all over.  I single out Warren because I have high respect for their program and it is a shame that their parents are opting for rogue teams rather than school affiliated teams.

Any inkling as to why this is?

On 7/29/2023 at 5:46 PM, Grover said:

Yeah, but it's a fight starter (not with you) and I'm not in the mood for a fight.

I’d just assume it’s for more “exposure” (could be way off base). Any time the word “travel team” gets thrown out it’s just assumed that it leads to more exposure as you’re playing a more nationalized schedule. Football is the one sport where your genetics play the biggest factor in getting a D1 schedule. 10-12 year old kids are the furthest thing from being developed and a huge reason why travel football has never made sense to me. 

Football at that level needs to be all about technique and fundamentals, not racking up trophies playing in different tournaments.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:45 AM, BTF said:

Not sure I follow. Are kids born in Indy bigger, stronger, and faster?

"Res ipsa loquitur" (from my waaaay old law school days)....in the case I pointed out, they (St. Mathews Jr. High), quite literally, had world class NFL talent- yet never won city during that time.

Its perhaps the greatest example I've seen personally as to the significance of the TEAM vs. individual talent.

Kids can be bigger, stronger and faster whether from Indy, Ft. Wayne or Shipshewana and get their @ss kicked by East Central whose school is essentially a RURAL PO Box just off I-74....yet plays as a team and beats Cincy Moeller and also beats a Roncalli team with arguably the biggest O-line and top running back in the state.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Lysander said:

"Res ipsa loquitur" (from my waaaay old law school days)....in the case I pointed out, they (St. Mathews Jr. High), quite literally, had world class NFL talent- yet never won city during that time.

Its perhaps the greatest example I've seen personally as to the significance of the TEAM vs. individual talent.

Kids can be bigger, stronger and faster whether from Indy, Ft. Wayne or Shipshewana and get their @ss kicked by East Central whose school is essentially a RURAL PO Box just off I-74....yet plays as a team and beats Cincy Moeller and also beats a Roncalli team with arguably the biggest O-line and top running back in the state.

Great explanation, thanks. Not sure how big and fast kids are from Shipshewana though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Great explanation, thanks. Not sure how big and fast kids are from Shipshewana though. 

I just love the sound of “Shipshewana”, though.  

With that, as much as I want to see the Steve Miller band at Shipshewana in a few months with my white painter paints and “Book of Dreams” belt buckle circa 1977, I’m struggling to pay over $200 to do do.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lysander said:

With that, as much as I want to see the Steve Miller band at Shipshewana in a few months with my white painter paints and “Book of Dreams” belt buckle circa 1977, I’m struggling to pay over $200 to do do.

That was good, I'll give you that. I'm more about the smell of cow manure and flee markets. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Look beyond price Ly....look at value.  Hop on that big ole "Jet Airliner" and get on down to "Swingtown"...."Fly Like an Eagle" again and make it a memorable evening!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Look beyond price Ly....look at value.  Hop on that big ole "Jet Airliner" and get on down to "Swingtown"...."Fly Like an Eagle" again and make it a memorable evening!!

I prefer the original. Honestly my brother got The Joker for Christmas back in the day and wore it out, I haven’t been able to stand Steve Miller Band since. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I prefer the original. Honestly my brother got The Joker for Christmas back in the day and wore it out, I haven’t been able to stand Steve Miller Band since. 

I remember being a kid, not asking my parents, and getting the 13 Columbia House 8-tracks for a penny.  Not the smartest move when I realized I had to buy 8 more and quickly mail in the monthly notice to prevent the 8 track of the month being sent to me.  Yep, I had to work that one off for my Dad.....not easy living on a small farm.....

But one of those 13, 8-tracks was Steve Miller Band Fly Like and Eagle...dang well worth the trouble......

image.png.7f65b783f8cb75af1058d65bc2a23e8c.png

• Like 1

I can relate.  We weren’t farmers (everyone else I grew up with was, though) but we were “truckers”.

I spent my Saturdays and Sundays working off my debts on top of or underneath of 18 wheelers every weekend.  Unlike most kids I dreaded weekends post Friday football and couldn't wait for Mondays.

The day I left home for College was the last day I ever stuck my head under a car/truck hood, changed a tire or washed a car.  I’ve gladly payed someone else to do it since that day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

3 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Such a Joker. 

….and this the reason I still hang out here…..classic stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Yea, about the toker thang…..there have been some amazing advancements in edibles. 

IO, I haven’t even chewed tobacco or smoked a cigar in almost 10 years.  If I finally tried that hippy stuff this late in life I’d likely be living in a tent in San Fran the next week…..admittedly, some days that seems appealing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

I remember being a kid, not asking my parents, and getting the 13 Columbia House 8-tracks for a penny.  Not the smartest move when I realized I had to buy 8 more and quickly mail in the monthly notice to prevent the 8 track of the month being sent to me.  Yep, I had to work that one off for my Dad.....not easy living on a small farm.....

But one of those 13, 8-tracks was Steve Miller Band Fly Like and Eagle...dang well worth the trouble......

image.png.7f65b783f8cb75af1058d65bc2a23e8c.png

8 tracks huh??? 😄 This one was a "throw in" to meet the limit on my Columbia House order. 

• Haha 2