Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who are the top 10 programs

Guys at work where talk and it came who are the top 10 programs in the state.  I do not just mean high school I am talk second grade all the way to 12th grade.  I thought this might be a great place to ask this question.

Who should be in the top ten of programs in the state?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Guys at work where talk and it came who are the top 10 programs in the state.  I do not just mean high school I am talk second grade all the way to 12th grade.  I thought this might be a great place to ask this question.

I've got Center Grove coming in at #6. 

• Haha 1

I would say all time would contain; Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, Indianapolis Cathedral, Penn, Center Grove, Bishop Luers, Indianapolis Chatard. Spots 9 & 10, maybe Roncalli, Hobart, Dwenger, Snider???

4 hours ago, psaboy said:

I would say all time would contain; Carmel, Ben Davis, Warren Central, Indianapolis Cathedral, Penn, Center Grove, Bishop Luers, Indianapolis Chatard. Spots 9 & 10, maybe Roncalli, Hobart, Dwenger, Snider???

I would say Roncalli, Dwenger and Snider all over Hobart as the Brickies couldn't sustain their success past Howell. Though, credit to the Bricks for one heckuva run during the '80's and '90's. I know what it was like to be in the old Brickie Bowl during those years and it was a very special time. Time will tell if Osika can have just a small fraction of the success Howell had. 

13 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Man if I had a quarter for every elementary/MS stud that never showed up on a Friday night……..

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Simply sharing from MaxPreps. 

But since you brought it up, what are you trying to say? 

I don't know, just kind of sounded good. Center Grove is definingly a top team in Indiana, possibly the best in last 10 years, 6 semi titles in last 8 years is solid. But are they the top program in Indiana? I think that may still belong to Carmel or maybe Cathedral? 

• Thanks 1

Historically, these are the top 5 in all-time wins in Indiana:

1.  Cathedral  774

2.  Evansville Reitz  725

3.  Sheridan  704

4.  West Lafayette. 677

5. (tie) Linton-Stockton 666; Mishawaka 666

The next 10:  6. Hobart 654; 7. Culver Academy 650; 8. Elkhart Central (Elkhart) 648; 9. Bloomington South 647; 10. Hammond (Hammond Central) 633; 11. Rensselaer 620; 12. Carmel 614; 13. Lafayette Jefferson 607; 14. Evansville Memorial 604

Doesn't mean a lot as far as the top programs now, but interesting to see some schools on this list are still doing very well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Reitz, Mater Dei, Memorial and Heritage Hills are 4 really good programs from the SWI area with a long history of good football.  

I would probably include Madder Day in top 20, maybe 15??

• Haha 1

Mater Dei ranks

• 9th all time in sectional championships (24)
  • tied for 12th all time in regional championships (15)
  • tied for 15th all time in semi-state titles (7)

A couple of things hold them back from being higher.  A 2-5 record in the state finals and being a 2A school.  But I would struggle to find 20 programs better than MD in the state

2 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Mater Dei ranks

A couple of things hold them back from being higher.  A 2-5 record in the state finals and being a 2A school.  But I would struggle to find 20 programs better than MD in the state

I would put them in top 15. I was looking at regional, semi state and state titles as a main decision point. That is why Merrillville is out of the top 10, maybe towards the 20 spot. Odd that they have no semi state titles, something is amiss over them. 

Edited by psaboy

2 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Mater Dei ranks

MD certainly has worthy credentials and has proven itself to be a top-notch 2A program year after year. 

@Screagle

Ev. Memorial has 16 Sectionals, 11 Regionals, 5 Semi-States and 2 State titles (3A & 4A); 

Reitz has 16 Sectional, 6 Regionals, 2 Semi-States and 2 State titles (4A); and 

Heritage Hills has 13 Sectionals, 10 Regionals, 3 Semi-States and 1 State title (3A).

19 hours ago, Titan32 said:

You much about GS 1st through 12th?  Do they even have football in Fort Wayne?  Is Fort Wayne technically even in Indiana? LOL

Your grammatical prowess is something to be in awe of

• Like 1
  • Haha 1