Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

RIP Donnie Baker

Ron Sexton (aka Donnie Baker, Floyd the Trucker, Kenny Tarmac and so many others) was so amazingly talented. I met him early in my teaching career when I was the GM of WRFT at Franklin Central. He was a big time believer in the power of high school radio, which gave him his start. Many also don't realize that he was a talented sports anchor back in the Mark Patrick days at WISH-TV in Indy. He served on IHSAA broadcasts as well when WNDY had the rights to the state tourney.

To say I knew him well would be an overstatement, but enough people who I know have nothing but high praise for him as a man. He'll be missed. Linked is one of my favorite Bob & Tom bits where two of Ron's characters met up in the Ronaverse. That guy was so talented. The degree of difficulty of this as a voice actor is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

Prayers for the family. I haven't been on here as long as many or most, but long enough to enjoy Donnie Baker's perspectives, input, jokes, and even being the butt of a few of his responses to my posts! RIP Donnie Baker!

I think you have the wrong Donnie Baker. I swear to God you do 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5