Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 1

North Vermillion @ North Central: I'm going to take the Falcons in this one. The Thunderbirds aren't the power house they use to be. It must be a law to pass the playbook down at NC when you get fired... I'll take the Falcons by two scores.

Woofs @ Linton: Not much to say about this one... Linton by however much they want. 

Pike Central @ Riverton Parke:  Pike Central put up a fight last year against the Panthers. Heard they lost some guys but so did they panthers. Wonder how they will fare without the Hazzard kid? Heard they had some other athletes, we shall see... 42-24

Seeger @ LCC: Seeger I think will still be in the conference race at the end of the year. We will see how they are after the loss of all those seniors. But can anyone in the WRC compete with the Catholic schools? I think it's time for them to join their own division. 38-24

Riley @ Attica: Not sure who Riley is. I heard that Attica has a few more kids out this year. I also heard they played in some competitions this summer which is a plus from the last few years. Not sure about this game, maybe its time for Attica to win a football game.

South Vermillion @ West Vigo: Heard the Mildcats threw for almost 300yds in 2 quarters the other night. This Garzo brother might be better than the other. Barret might ride into the sunset after his studs graduate. The Vikings might get pounced on by the Mildcats.. 56-18

Tri County @ Covington: I am going to take Covington week 1. Looking at Tri County's stats this might be one of Covington's few wins this season. Who knows.. Covington does have a new coach who is alumni and might have something rolling up there on the river. I just don't know if they can do it after the season they had last year... I think this game may be closer than people think. 24-18

Fountain Central @ Southmont: Saturday games suck... Heard the mildcats have 3 this year... I don't think southmont will be anything specail. Herbie and the mustangs return a few guys. Hard telling what the Hall of Fame coach has in store for us this year...

• Like 1

Football is back! Lots of familiar faces in the WRC this year, but a handful of standouts have moved on. Should be very interesting to see the results of some of these games. 

North Vermillion at North Central(Farmersburg) - The T-Birds have pretty low numbers, but they always seem to play hard. The Falcons should handle business here, but look for a long season if they don't. NV 28-14

Parke Heritage at Linton - Oh boy. I heard the Woolfs were flying around on D at the Jamboree. But I also heard they couldn't score either. They'll be doing none of that at Linton. Miners are just too much. Linton 48-0

Pike Central at Riverton Parke - The Chargers have another new coach (3rd in 6 years) and have to drive all the way to Mecca. The Panthers look to start off on the winning side for the 3rd straight year(without 'Mr. RP') It was confirmed that they had over 50 kids on the sidline Friday night. RP 28-7

Seeger at Lafayette Central Catholic - The Patriots have struggled winning their opening game since the 'Legend' left. I don't think the trip to Lafayette will be much different this year. Knights win a close one. LCC 28-21

Finneytown(OH)? at Attica - I don't know what is going on here. First it was South Bend Riley, now Finneytown(OH). And the Wildcats' website says they're playing another Ohio school. Harrell says it's at Attica versus the Ramblers. Does it matter? Finneytown picks the score

South Vermillion at West Vigo - The kids from Clinton are loaded. Looks like they beat up on some bigger Terre Haute schools at their Jamboree.  Traditionally this one went to the Vikings. All Wildcats here. SV 49-14

Tri County at Covington - Flip a coin. New coach for the Trojans. Cavaliers have the edge since their coach is in his second year. TC 21-20

Fountain Central at Southmont - Saturday night special. (Hopefully, this isn't becoming the norm.) The Mounties won pretty easily last year. I don't know what they have returning. The Mustangs look to continue to improve. Southmont in a close one. Southmont 24-22

Edited by Bear54
  • Like 1

North Vermilions at North Central 

The Woofs at Liptons 

Pike Central at Riverton Parkes 

Seegers at Lafayette CC

Riley?(Finneytown, Ohio) at Attica 

South Vermilions at West Vigo

Tri County at Covington 

Fountain Centrals at Southmont on Saturday 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

North Vermilions at North Central 

The Woofs at Liptons 

Pike Central at Riverton Parkes 

Seegers at Lafayette CC

Riley? at Attica 

South Vermilions at West Vigo

Tri County at Covington 

Fountain Centrals at Southmont on Saturday 

• Like 1

NV @ NC - I'm curious how NV will look this year. I know they lost some big oline men but still have their stud qb. I don't know much about NC but they were bad last year. I'll take NV 35 - 14

PH @ Linton - This would have been a great game a few years ago... not so much now. I've heard PH has shown some improvement throughout the summer but not enough to keep up with the powerhouse of Linton. Linton 60 PH 6

Seeger @ LCC - In my opinion this should be the game of the week. I'll take LCC in a close one 35 - 28

On MaxPreps it shows Attica at home against Finneytown out of Cincinnati. They don't look to be a very good program and I've heard Attica has around 20 - 25 kids on the team. That is great! I hope the program can get out of this slump! I'm taking the Ramblers 28 - 20

SV @ WV - I'll take SV here. I think they are the front runners to win the WRC

Tri County @ Covington - Covington lost most of their weapons last year. I'm not sure they can be a pass on every down team anymore. I'll take Tri County 20 - 14

FC @ Southmont - Southmont is starting to get things rolling for their football program again. I don't think FC will be able to keep up with size and strength of Southmont. Southmont wins 35 - 20

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bear54 said:

It's OK if you don't like RP, you can still make a pick for their game. Haha

Not sure how I missed that game! Nothing against RP at all. I know the junior high was very good last year and I'm curious how young they will be on Friday night. We might see a bunch of under classmen on the field is my guess. I'm still saying they win this one 42 - 12.

21 hours ago, Bear54 said:

It's OK if you don't like RP, you can still make a pick for their game. Haha

Awww, relax coach! It was probs an honest mistake! 😇 Everyone loves the MIGHTY Panthers of Riverton Parke!! 😻 

My son is SOOOOOO excited for this season!!! He has stars in his eyes and BIG dreams in his heart!!! 🤩

From talking to him and his teammates when they are chillaxing at our house, they are ready to challenge the South Vermillion Wildcats for the top spot in the WRC!

Boooooo South Vermillion Wildcats 🤮 J/K 😉 🤣

Thanks boys for letting this FOOTBALL MAMA hang out online with you!! I can not wait to watch my son and his friends under the FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS this Friday!!! GO PANTHERS!!!!!!! 🤗 🥰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucy Draper said:

Awww, relax coach! It was probs an honest mistake! 😇 Everyone loves the MIGHTY Panthers of Riverton Parke!! 😻 

My son is SOOOOOO excited for this season!!! He has stars in his eyes and BIG dreams in his heart!!! 🤩

From talking to him and his teammates when they are chillaxing at our house, they are ready to challenge the South Vermillion Wildcats for the top spot in the WRC!

Boooooo South Vermillion Wildcats 🤮 J/K 😉 🤣

Thanks boys for letting this FOOTBALL MAMA hang out online with you!! I can not wait to watch my son and his friends under the FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS this Friday!!! GO PANTHERS!!!!!!! 🤗 🥰

Fire ass hot moms are always welcome here. I swear to God they are. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TheTrain said:

Who are the best football players on each team in the WRC? Seems every team in the WRC lost a lot of talent that graduated last year.

I don't know about each team, but some of best players in the WRC this year would be the qb from SV, qb from NV and the qb from FC. I feel like all the other schools graduated their playmakers. I'm excited to see who steps up at all the schools!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WRC123 said:

I don't know about each team, but some of best players in the WRC this year would be the qb from SV, qb from NV and the qb from FC. I feel like all the other schools graduated their playmakers. I'm excited to see who steps up at all the schools!

I can only talk about SV, but besides our QB, I would also keep an eye on #66 (senior). He was all-conference and all-state in his junior year.  Plus we have some very talented skill players #8 and #9 to name a couple.  Our O and D lines are solid as well.

North Vermilion at North Central 

Parke Heritage at Linton

Pike Central at Riverton Parke

Seeger at Lafayette CC

Finneytown (OH) at Attica - are they really playing Finneytown?  If you look them up, they sure have a nice football field, but they show playing someone else Friday night.  Still can't pick the Ramblers until they break the streak.

South Vermilion at West Vigo

Tri County at Covington 

Fountain Central at Southmont on Saturday - why are they playing on Saturday?  They are not that far apart.  Official shortage?

Thanks for joining everyone. My picks 

Falcons by a hoe bunch 

Liptons by even more

Riverton Parkes because I don’t know anything about Pike Centrals

LCC will give Seegers a good reality check 

Whoever plays Attica 

South Vermilions 

Tri Counties

Southmonts over Fountain Centrals but it’ll be a lot closer than last year. 

On 8/17/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ballhawk said:

North Vermilion at North Central 

Parke Heritage at Linton

Pike Central at Riverton Parke

Seeger at Lafayette CC

Finneytown (OH) at Attica - are they really playing Finneytown?  If you look them up, they sure have a nice football field, but they show playing someone else Friday night.  Still can't pick the Ramblers until they break the streak.

South Vermilion at West Vigo

Tri County at Covington 

Fountain Central at Southmont on Saturday - why are they playing on Saturday?  They are not that far apart.  Official shortage?

Yes officials 

I was at the SV/WV game and my goodness, SV is VERY impressive. 21-0 nothing before our offense touched the ball. Mostly self inflicted but SV can move the ball. They're a dangerous team if they stay healthy. Weir, Condor, and Coleman are weapons. Garzo can rip it. Shyrock (sp?) was also good in the backfield. They could make a run in the state tournament if their draw works out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvigo13 said:

I was at the SV/WV game and my goodness, SV is VERY impressive. 21-0 nothing before our offense touched the ball. Mostly self inflicted but SV can move the ball. They're a dangerous team if they stay healthy. Weir, Condor, and Coleman are weapons. Garzo can rip it. Shyrock (sp?) was also good in the backfield. They could make a run in the state tournament if their draw works out.

They’ll never get out of their sectional and I’ll say it right to your face