Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Spuller Stadium (Northrop/Snider)

For those who are wondering, Snider has played at Spuller Stadium on Northrop's campus for five decades. Snider has a small stadium that is used for JV, Freshman, and current home to Blackhawk Christian's new football program. 

IMG_8007.jpg

IMG_8005.jpg

IMG_8006.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

IMG_8003.jpg

8 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Reminds me a lot of the old stands at Dwaine C. Bell Stadium at Lawrence North before the renovation. I'm assuming FW Blackhawk pays some good cash to use the facility at Snider.

They don't build concrete structures like they used to. That would be a hefty price tag. I think Carmel still has one. You're actually pretty lucky if you're the visitor at Spuller stadium. The visitors side faces the east, which means they are protected from inclimate coming from the west. There's a lot of concrete over there built in a hill. 

Not sure what Blackhawk pays. Maybe they split the gate with FWCS?

20 hours ago, BTF said:

They don't build concrete structures like they used to. That would be a hefty price tag. I think Carmel still has one. You're actually pretty lucky if you're the visitor at Spuller stadium. The visitors side faces the east, which means they are protected from inclimate coming from the west. There's a lot of concrete over there built in a hill. 

Not sure what Blackhawk pays. Maybe they split the gate with FWCS?

Yes. Carmel's facility is still awesome even though it's 31 or 32 years old now. I found a pic of LN's old look. Looks like probably the same architect. Carmel's is a bit different in the design.

LN 1.jpg

LN 2.jpg

Carmel.jpg

It's fascinating that the old brick structures are never mentioned as some of the best facilities in the state. They might be outdated from a football point of view. The locker rooms are smaller I'm presuming. But from a fans perspective, Spuller offers concessions and bathrooms at the 50 yard line on both sides. Not sure that's very common, even with the newer stadiums.