Glenn at Bremen ©, 7 pm
New Prairie at Adams ©, 7:30 pm
Penn at Marian ©, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Elkhart ©, 7 pm
Washington at Riley ©, 7 pm
Saturday, Sep. 23
Jimtown{} at Clay, 12 pm

Here are this week's games in the NIC

Some interesting match ups.  Could this be the week Clay gets a W even against a JV team?

On 9/17/2023 at 11:00 AM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 22
Jimtown at Tippecanoe Valley, 7 pm: TV appears to be strong, and is at home
Glenn at Bremen ©, 7 pm: Basing this off of the Jimtown game. 
New Prairie at Adams ©, 7:30 pm : NP is just better all around
Penn at Marian ©, 7 pm: Marian's struggles continue, Penn better not come out flat.....again
St. Joseph at Elkhart ©, 7 pm: Elkhart's D will keep them in the game, St. Joe makes enough plays to win.
Washington at Riley ©, 7 pm: Riley is the best team in that division
Saturday, Sep. 23
Jimtown{} at Clay, 12 pm I am sorry Clay, but Jimtown's back ups come away with the W.

So, if Clay does win, does this count towards a conference win?

Jimtown at Tippecanoe Valley - I like TV in this one. They've had some good ball clubs as of late. Unfortunately their sectional is pound for pound toughest in the state. 
Glenn at Bremen - Something tells me Glenn gets it done
New Prairie at Adams - Nothing suggests that Adams is going to win this game. NP comfortable
Penn at Marian © - No way Penn loses this game. I will be interested to see what the final score is though
St. Joseph at Elkhart - Don't think Elkhart has the offesive firepower to keep up with STJ. The Indians are headed in the right direction; Elkhart is well uhhhhhh
Washington at Riley © Riley beats up on another cream puff
Saturday, Sep. 23
Jimtown{} at Clay - If clay wins does it even count? 

54 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Jimtown at Tippecanoe Valley - I like TV in this one. They've had some good ball clubs as of late. Unfortunately their sectional is pound for pound toughest in the state. 
Glenn at Bremen - Something tells me Glenn gets it done
New Prairie at Adams - Nothing suggests that Adams is going to win this game. NP comfortable
Penn at Marian © - No way Penn loses this game. I will be interested to see what the final score is though
St. Joseph at Elkhart - Don't think Elkhart has the offesive firepower to keep up with STJ. The Indians are headed in the right direction; Elkhart is well uhhhhhh
Washington at Riley © Riley beats up on another cream puff
Saturday, Sep. 23
Jimtown{} at Clay - If clay wins does it even count? 

A lot of away teams should win this weekend. 

Jimtown at Tippecanoe Valley, Jimtown will travel down to Death Valley and realize who the conference champ will be for the next several years. TV 40- Jimtown 7
Glenn at Bremen- Glenn got out muscled up front against Knox. Can Glenn shut down Bremen's offensive production in the air? Can Bremen get their run game going? Glenn should take this one 28-7
New Prairie at AdamsNP Beats another cupcake  42-7
Penn at Marian-  Fortunate for Marian they are playing a HC who is rather conservative. Yeoman calls off the dawgs early in the 2nd quarter. Penn 48 Marian 0
St. Joseph at Elkhart-   STJ hasn't impressed me. Their only wins are Adams, Wash and Fort Wayne South SIde all cupcakes....Elkhart 21 STJ 14
Washington at Riley Ooofff Washington is off to a severely rough start after letting go off Stammich. Riley easy in this one 48-7

TV over Jimtown- I’ve heard some good things about Valley this year and think they’ll be way to much for the Jimmies.

Glenn over Bremen- Barron seems to have this group heading in the right direction.

NP over Adams- should be a relatively easy game for the cougars who’ve yet to play their best ball.

Penn over Marian- not much to say. Penn By whatever they choose.

Elkhart over St Joe- the Indians are much improved over the last few years but I think the Lions squeak this one out.

Riley over Washington- I think the best thing the wildcats can do is rest the starters as much as possible to come in next week healthy against NP

On 9/19/2023 at 8:09 AM, Bucksweep22 said:

Penn at Marian-  Fortunate for Marian they are playing a HC who is rather conservative. Yeoman calls off the dawgs early in the 2nd quarter. Penn 48 Marian 0

Interesting question I would like to pose to fans of the other schools (not Penn).  In your opinion, if your school had Penn down by 21 in the 4th qt and your team is on Penn's 2 yard line under 1 minute left, would your team score?

Would you be upset if Penn scored? (who likely at that point in the game has their backups in under the same situation)

Edited by BLACKGOLD2007

12 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I would hope a program with class would take a knee once of twice and get out of there.  Would there be someone who would?  I be there is especially if they may have taken it on the chin from Penn.  If Penn scored against the reserves whether their reserves or starters what does it matter?  You got the game won.   would hope teams that have not beaten Penn hardly at all would take the win whether by 1-2-3 TD'S

Interesting question I would like to pose to fans of the other schools (not Penn).  In your opinion, if your school had Penn down by 21 in the 4th qt and your team is on Penn's 2 yard line under 1 minute left, would your team score?

Would you be upset if Penn scored? (who likely at that point in the game has their backups in under the same situation)

11 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

I would hope a program with class would take a knee once of twice and get out of there.  Would there be someone who would?  I be there is especially if they may have taken it on the chin from Penn.  If Penn scored against the reserves whether their reserves or starters what does it matter?  You got the game won.   would hope teams that have not beaten Penn hardly at all would take the win whether by 1-2-3 TD'S

I personally think there is a lot of angst towards Penn built up over the years. Maybe more so with long term fans, more so than parents. I think that the turn over in coaching helps reduce the likely hood of this, but we wont know until we see it. 

Well, Elkhart came out and put up 19 in the 1st qrt.  But again some key mistakes held SJ back  They fumbled in the red zone.  Another time they got there and turned it over on downs and later they were inside the 35 and could not make a first. Plus a couple of key penalties kept Lions drives moving.  Once again they played with but have one more hurdle to leap to make some of these games a win.

Surprised RIley only put up 26 on Washington.  Now we could see if they are real or not when they go to New Prairie.  Prairie.  They will see a whole different kind of team than the schedule they have played.  

No real surprises other than maybe Bremen getting beat as bad as they did