Fort Wayne Wayne 1-  0 2-  0 5-  3
East Noble 2-  1 4-  1 6-  2
New Haven 2-  1 3-  1 7-  1
Leo 2-  1 4-  2 6-  2
DeKalb 1-  2 2-  3 5-  3
Fort Wayne Dwenger 0-  0 0-  0 3-  5
Fort Wayne South 0-  1 0-  3 1-  7
Angola 0-  2 0-  2 1-  7

Man, what a bruiser of a sectional.  3 top ten teams in the 4A polls, plus Dwenger and Wayne who slug it out in the SAC.  Who do you guys got in this one?  I'll always go with my Knights but man did they get probably the worst draw out of everyone.  @ New Haven to prove last week was no fluke, then @ Leo which is always a slugfest.  All to earn the chance for one more home game against probably Dewnger.  What y'all think?

5 hours ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

SECTIONAL 19
  Sect Class Overall
Fort Wayne Wayne 1-  0 2-  0 5-  3
East Noble 2-  1 4-  1 6-  2
New Haven 2-  1 3-  1 7-  1
Leo 2-  1 4-  2 6-  2
DeKalb 1-  2 2-  3 5-  3
Fort Wayne Dwenger 0-  0 0-  0 3-  5
Fort Wayne South 0-  1 0-  3 1-  7
Angola 0-  2 0-  2 1-  7

Man, what a bruiser of a sectional.  3 top ten teams in the 4A polls, plus Dwenger and Wayne who slug it out in the SAC.  Who do you guys got in this one?  I'll always go with my Knights but man did they get probably the worst draw out of everyone.  @ New Haven to prove last week was no fluke, then @ Leo which is always a slugfest.  All to earn the chance for one more home game against probably Dewnger.  What y'all think?

Unless Wayne wins the upper bracket...  That is entirely possible, IMO.

10 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I see Wayne vs. Leo in the sectional final

Really? I see it as a New Haven vs Dwenger with New Haven winning the sectional.

Dwenger is down to the third string running back but they should over come Wayne, Angola and DeKalb. 

4 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Really? I see it as a New Haven vs Dwenger with New Haven winning the sectional.

Dwenger is down to the third string running back but they should over come Wayne, Angola and DeKalb. 

New Haven was seriously exposed by East Noble's running game last Friday.....East Noble ran power lead over and over and over again and NH could not stop it. On top of that, they did NOTHING to adjust.  Even if Mylan comes back (which there are rumblings he may not) he wont make a difference defensively.  EN was able to pressure Williams and keep him in the pocket rushing only 3 and dropping 8.  I'm seeing an East Noble/Leo rematch in Rd 2 and that game could go either way imho.  

The Dwenger/Wayne winner will have a definite "recovery" game in round 2 with possibly Dekalb giving light resistance.  Dwenger may be down to their 3rd RB but their style of play will still keep them in any game with any team in this sectional.  Wayne is a team nobody is really wanting to play from what I'm hearing.  They can go into their Jumbo set and run smashmouth football and they can spread you out with their athletes, pick your poison.

Leo definitely got the best draw (other than Angola and Dekalb) with a date at South.  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this though, if Coach Doerffler can get the ball in Hurst's hands 12+ times a game, they win this sectional.  That can be pass targets, jet sweeps, Wildkat or even put him at tailback, that kid is the biggest weapon in this entire sectional.  Best decision he ever made was to get out of that dumpster fire on State str and go to Leo.  Combine that with Leo's defense  playing at a high level with Schott and you have the tools for a run.

I'm seeing a Bishop Dwenger @ Leo sectional final.

I've got East Noble vs Wayne. When it comes right down to it, I think the Knights are the best team in the sectional. If they don't give 100% though, it won't take much for Leo or New Haven to dethrone them. They have to play like their lives depend on it, or it's over. 

I like the progress Wayne seems to be making every week. Will be interesting to see how they do against Snider tonight. 

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

I've got East Noble vs Wayne. When it comes right down to it, I think the Knights are the best team in the sectional. If they don't give 100% though, it won't take much for Leo or New Haven to dethrone them. They have to play like their lives depend on it, or it's over. 

I like the progress Wayne seems to be making every week. Will be interesting to see how they do against Snider tonight. 

East Noble has gotten much better since the Leo game and what they did to NH was impressive.  When they played Leo earlier, the Lions played them in a straight cover 0 all night and loaded the box using their top3 cover guys (Hoeppner, Hurst & Zeisloft) to blanket the Knights receivers and they obviously did well with it.  I FULLY expect Coach Amstutz to have a counter for that this time around.  Maybe using motion to cross up/pick the man coverage and also use the RB on routes seeing if the LB's lose track of them.  

If Wayne is able to hang in anyway with Snider tonight, I could see them knocking off Dwenger.  Last year they nearly knocked off Columbia City in a game most thought the Eagles would run away with and they are a year better now, granted Lamarion is gone.  This is definitely the premier sectional in the area this year.