Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 1A Tournament Predictions

8 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

North Judson's results have been weird this year. Competed really well with Knox who is playing for a chance to represent the 3A North at LOS. Lost to Culver Academy who doesn't look like they were very special this year. Lost to Triton big and then turned around and smoked them in sectional. I'm assuming they have dealt with some injuries??? It's hard to compare seasons, but the losses this year were wins last year with the exception of Laville. 

The Sanchez boy missed most of the year up front on DL. He's a talented big strong kid. He's made a huge difference. I think Judson's pass defense struggled a bit against Triton and they had a lot of turnovers. 

North Judson lost quite a bit from last season. Aldric Harper, Quinton Frasure, Cheyenne Allen and Logan Radtke to name a couple. This year was supposed to be a season where they took a step back or two which they have but still have experience and some talent back and some new faces playing. They'll be much better next season.

Edited by hondo17

15 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

North Judson's results have been weird this year. Competed really well with Knox who is playing for a chance to represent the 3A North at LOS. Lost to Culver Academy who doesn't look like they were very special this year. Lost to Triton big and then turned around and smoked them in sectional. I'm assuming they have dealt with some injuries??? It's hard to compare seasons, but the losses this year were wins last year with the exception of Laville. 

It was a mixture of having one of their top players out and the team finding their identity. Not saying they are a better or worse team than the previous 2 years but they are a much different team compared to those. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, littledog said:

ultimately no discussion on either of the 1a games. Does either underdog have a chance tonight?

This is why the games are played.  They absolutely have a chance.  I think both favorites, at least their fans anyway, have been very dismissive this week.  It's easier to be shocked, if you ignore who is in front of you.  Hoping for some real excitement tonight.

37 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

This is why the games are played.  They absolutely have a chance.  I think both favorites, at least their fans anyway, have been very dismissive this week.  It's easier to be shocked, if you ignore who is in front of you.  Hoping for some real excitement tonight.

When the second half hits, keep your eyes peeled for the Sheridan upset!

(once Lutheran puts the JVs in)

• Haha 1

Just looking forward to a good game. We (Jets fans) know that North Judson will come out fighting. They have nothing to lose and the target is on our backs. That's always a dangerous situation when you are the proverbial favorite. Hope we have a clean game and a chance to get an unthinkable 3rd straight trip to the state finals. Prior to the past 2 years, the semi state round has been tough on us.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Absolutely no trash talking has occurred, yet Lutheran fans choose to do it. Can't wait for you people to be out of 1A. 

You said we were being dismissive, so I gave you some attention with some smack talk… nothing against the kids, I hope it’s a good game 

Edited by Whitehat

1 hour ago, littledog said:

Judson kept it close for a half. Struggled to defend the pass once again. Great season jays. 

AC wearing them down now.

North Judson's kickoff return team made that first half really close. Odd bc AC's kickoff coverage had been pretty good. The defensive starters took over kickoff and that ended the amazing field position North Judson had. Jack Hamilton took the game over for us and that was the distance in the second half. Much different than the prior 2 years. 2021 the Jets used speed to run away on the outside. Last year the Jets pounded up the middle. This year it was the passing game. North Judson should get their due next year as they seem to return a really solid team.