Providence

Triton

Adams Central

Milan

Indianapolis Lutheran

Adams Central

Indianapolis Lutheran

Indianapolis Lutheran

Or maybe Lutheran is the easiest of the 6 classes to predict. (RE my comment on your 4A picks ) :)

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

1A teams Lutheran won’t running clock this postseason. 

O/U 1.5

I'll take the over.  Covenant in the sectional 47 final.  All others (South Putnam round 2, Providence Regional, Milan Semi-State, Adams Central State) will be competitive.

Edited by kdets89
Not a gambler, apparently.

19 hours ago, kdets89 said:

Bold prediction in the north regional round.

What does Carroll do better than AC that gives them the advantage?

Mostly wishful thinking coming out of Sheridan...

Do not know much about AC or what they do other than the few highlights on MaxPreps and their reputation the last few years.

I've seen Carroll in action, pretty impressive size and speed. Do not see many weak points... They seem to be pretty similar too AC in a lot of ways.

I imagine a defensive grind and offenses fighting for 1st downs all the way down the field (1 big play could be the difference), advantage to whoever is ahead in the 4th Q... I think Carroll keeps it a lot closer than the Sagarin spread prediction of AC -14

20 minutes ago, khayward said:

Mostly wishful thinking coming out of Sheridan...

Do not know much about AC or what they do other than the few highlights on MaxPreps and their reputation the last few years.

I've seen Carroll in action, pretty impressive size and speed. Do not see many weak points... They seem to be pretty similar too AC in a lot of ways.

I imagine a defensive grind and offenses fighting for 1st downs all the way down the field (1 big play could be the difference), advantage to whoever is ahead in the 4th Q... I think Carroll keeps it a lot closer than the Sagarin spread prediction of AC -14

Has Carroll improved quite a bit from last year's regional matchup and did they return many starters on both sides of the ball? I know the big back and QB are back. You could definitely tell that Carroll was not ready for Adams Central's level of competition last year, but that could have woken them up to what they'll have to do to compete against AC.

I just know that AC's strength of schedule is quite a bit tougher than Carroll's. I wouldn't say that AC's schedule was especially difficult at all, but the fact that their SOS is quite a bit more difficult than Carroll's leads me to believe they have not really been tested at all. Maybe we'll get an indirect comparison next week when Bluffton and Eastern will likely play each other in the sectional 36 final. AC beat Bluffton 24-0 in a tough battle in bad weather and Carroll handled Eastern 47-7.

13 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Has Carroll improved quite a bit from last year's regional matchup and did they return many starters on both sides of the ball? I know the big back and QB are back. You could definitely tell that Carroll was not ready for Adams Central's level of competition last year, but that could have woken them up to what they'll have to do to compete against AC.

I just know that AC's strength of schedule is quite a bit tougher than Carroll's. I wouldn't say that AC's schedule was especially difficult at all, but the fact that their SOS is quite a bit more difficult than Carroll's leads me to believe they have not really been tested at all. Maybe we'll get an indirect comparison next week when Bluffton and Eastern will likely play each other in the sectional 36 final. AC beat Bluffton 24-0 in a tough battle in bad weather and Carroll handled Eastern 47-7.

I don't think Carroll will be much more ready for them this year compared to last. AC is just a much better football team.  

I think Carroll is better than last year, lost to Sheridan in a close one and won 24-0 this year (Sheridan slightly down from last year but still the same old Sheridan for the most part)

Carroll's strength of schedule is worse but they also have a better margin of victory compared to AC so I think they could hang in better this year than last.

Carroll beats Eastern by 40 and AC beats Bluffton by 24, so if Bluffton beats Eastern by less than a 16-point margin are we to think that Carroll has a real chance this year than last? Margin of victories and common opponents results usually translate more on the high school level in my opinion than at the college or NFL level. Some teams match up better than others but for the most part the common opponents and margins are great tells.

Last year Carroll and AC's only common opponent was Southern Wells... Carroll won my 37 and AC won by 63, margin of victory difference was 26 and AC ended up beating Carroll by 35... Translated pretty well there.

I agree that it should be interesting to see the Bluffton v Eastern Result the week before that big Regional Final game. The winner should be able to get past Park Tudor/Triton no problem to get there shot at the Reigning Defending Undefeated Champs who shall not be named and who will be a 2A school next year!

Sagarin Predictor currently:

Bluffton -15 over Eastern

AC -15 over Carroll

15 minutes ago, khayward said:

Carroll's strength of schedule is worse but they also have a better margin of victory compared to AC so I think they could hang in better this year than last.

Very few teams have a worse SOS in the state than Carroll.. it certainty doesn't help them, and the margin of victory means nothing.

I hope its a close game this year though, AC's defense seems to be improved over last years, i would be surprised to see Carroll score more than a few touchdowns.

28 minutes ago, khayward said:

I think Carroll is better than last year, lost to Sheridan in a close one and won 24-0 this year (Sheridan slightly down from last year but still the same old Sheridan for the most part)

The same old Sheridan that can't win any big games?  The same old Sheridan that hasn't played in a semistate since 2012?  I would love to see the same old Sheridan, because they'd be winning big games and titles.  Winning the HHC doesn't really count for much in my book.

The only thing the same is the coach.

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm a long time Blackhawk and what I've seen the last 11 years is embarrassing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FlyingHigh said:

They had a move in that was bigger than their big back, so they moved the big back to HB and the move in to FB I'm pretty sure. Maybe its flipped the other way around. All I know is they got a stud move in over the summer.

55 minutes ago, khayward said:

I agree that it should be interesting to see the Bluffton v Eastern Result the week before that big Regional Final game. The winner should be able to get past Park Tudor/Triton no problem to get there shot at the Reigning Defending Undefeated Champs who shall not be named and who will be a 2A school next year!

Won't Adams Central also bump to 2A if they make the finals of 1A again?  And if LCC can win the 2A regional, 1A will be WIDE OPEN in 2024.

10 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Won't Adams Central also bump to 2A if they make the finals of 1A again?  And if LCC can win the 2A regional, 1A will be WIDE OPEN in 2024.

Yep, you're right. Both Lutheran and AC will bump up to 2A if they make it to state. 1A should definitely be wide open next year.

33 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

They had a move in that was bigger than their big back, so they moved the big back to HB and the move in to FB I'm pretty sure. Maybe its flipped the other way around. All I know is they got a stud move in over the summer.

I'm fairly certain that the fullback from last year (#8) is still their fullback. Hard to tell what stats look like because, like AC, Carroll doesn't post anything on MaxPreps.

11 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

What would be wilder still would be Lutheran getting bumped off in semi-state by North Decatur and North Decatur knocking off AC.  Would get three bumped in a single season?

7 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Yep, you're right. Both Lutheran and AC will bump up to 2A if they make it to state. 1A should definitely be wide open next year.

I'm fairly certain that the fullback from last year (#8) is still their fullback. Hard to tell what stats look like because, like AC, Carroll doesn't post anything on MaxPreps.

Your probably right. All I know for certain is they had a dude move in that is "a dude" as I was told. My mama said!