Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 1A Tournament Predictions

52 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

The same old Sheridan that can't win any big games?  The same old Sheridan that hasn't played in a semistate since 2012?  I would love to see the same old Sheridan, because they'd be winning big games and titles.  Winning the HHC doesn't really count for much in my book.

The only thing the same is the coach.

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm a long time Blackhawk and what I've seen the last 11 years is embarrassing.

Where are the superior OMG! Athletes in Blackhawk land?  Have they all transferred to Heights, Guerin, or Western Boone?

35 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Yep, you're right. Both Lutheran and AC will bump up to 2A if they make it to state. 1A should definitely be wide open next year.

No one should ever get SF'd up a class if they HAVEN'T previously won a state title.  Requirement to bump should be points AND a title.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, foxbat said:

What would be wilder still would be Lutheran getting bumped off in semi-state by North Decatur and North Decatur knocking off AC.  Would get three bumped in a single season?

Milan will probably prevent that from happening.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Where are the superior OMG! Athletes in Blackhawk land?  Have they all transferred to Heights, Guerin, or Western Boone?

I have my opinion but I will not share on here.  Too many sensitive people in the world these days to hear what I have to say.

Edited by Ballhawk
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

I have my opinion but I will not share on here.  Too many sensitive people in the world these days to hear what I have to say.

I thought the answer was that the Ballhawk family has used all of their eligibility by now. :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Won't Adams Central also bump to 2A if they make the finals of 1A again?  And if LCC can win the 2A regional, 1A will be WIDE OPEN in 2024.

Lcc needs to win their Sec again (earning them 2pts this cycle) to remain in 2A next yr. Sag has them around 3pt Dogs to Rodchester.. a loss sends them packing to 1A next yr...

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 12:53 PM, foxbat said:

What would be wilder still would be Lutheran getting bumped off in semi-state by North Decatur and North Decatur knocking off AC.  Would get three bumped in a single season?

I dont see North making it out of sectional. I think people need to be looking at Milan for this Sectional. They have always played rough football

5 hours ago, DecCoFan said:

I dont see North making it out of sectional. I think people need to be looking at Milan for this Sectional. They have always played rough football

Understood.  I was looking more at the uniqueness of what it would cause ... three teams in a class being SF'd in a single season, which would be a first ... as opposed to the likelihood of what would happen.  In 1A, we've already had a couple of teams go up and down, another team go up and down and up again and a team that didn't win a blue ring during SF, but ended up going up.  It would only be fitting for 1A to have this unique item to add to its list of SF activities.

On 10/25/2023 at 12:38 PM, FinePrint said:

Won't Adams Central also bump to 2A if they make the finals of 1A again?  And if LCC can win the 2A regional, 1A will be WIDE OPEN in 2024.

I may be mistaken, but had not been for the Covid year when they decided not to do enrollment count.  Adams Central and Lutheran would already be in 2a this year?

On 10/25/2023 at 12:14 PM, Ballhawk said:

The same old Sheridan that can't win any big games?  The same old Sheridan that hasn't played in a semistate since 2012?  I would love to see the same old Sheridan, because they'd be winning big games and titles.  Winning the HHC doesn't really count for much in my book.

The only thing the same is the coach.

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm a long time Blackhawk and what I've seen the last 11 years is embarrassing.

Now there is something we can agree on... I've only been following Sheridan closely a few years now, so it is mostly the same old Sheridan to me(Post State Championship years)

I've been hated on pretty hard on here in the past with my complaints about the coaching at Sheridan... Lots of respect for Bud Wright but the old school ways(no play book on offense, no defensive calls, same coverage EVERY play) just don't really work anymore like they used to. I have not seen Sheridan beat a team with the same size/speed/talent or better since I have been watching in person the last few years. I have seen, however, a few games Sheridan should have won when they had better size/speed/talent. Eastern game this year is a great example. The results just speak to the coaching quality dropping off.

Sheridan still has a great football community and Coach Wright has raised a town of people dedicated to training the next generation for Sheridan football so more good teams to come but not great ever again in the Bud Wright era. They will still be able to win most of their games each year on the backs of the talented children of former state champions who raise them well enough to compete for HHC and sectional titles each year.

All that said, should get another Sectional Win next week and then see if they can hang again with a similarly talented team in Regionals like last year. Preparing for disappointment and hoping for the best for the kids.

3 minutes ago, khayward said:

Now there is something we can agree on... I've only been following Sheridan closely a few years now, so it is mostly the same old Sheridan to me(Post State Championship years)

I've been hated on pretty hard on here in the past with my complaints about the coaching at Sheridan... Lots of respect for Bud Wright but the old school ways(no play book on offense, no defensive calls, same coverage EVERY play) just don't really work anymore like they used to. I have not seen Sheridan beat a team with the same size/speed/talent or better since I have been watching in person the last few years. I have seen, however, a few games Sheridan should have won when they had better size/speed/talent. Eastern game this year is a great example. The results just speak to the coaching quality dropping off.

Sheridan still has a great football community and Coach Wright has raised a town of people dedicated to training the next generation for Sheridan football so more good teams to come but not great ever again in the Bud Wright era. They will still be able to win most of their games each year on the backs of the talented children of former state champions who raise them well enough to compete for HHC and sectional titles each year.

All that said, should get another Sectional Win next week and then see if they can hang again with a similarly talented team in Regionals like last year. Preparing for disappointment and hoping for the best for the kids.

You and I should be friends and talk some football over a cool beverage.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  I'm not worried about being hated on or popular anymore.  It's time to right the ship.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

You and I should be friends and talk some football over a cool beverage.  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  I'm not worried about being hated on or popular anymore.  It's time to right the ship.

My nephew plays there now and his dad and another uncle and myself(none of us played at Sheridan) we all played college football and we always joke that the 3 of us could have coached last year's team to win that regional game against ND and we would have loved to see what the team could have done against Lutheran.

16 hours ago, khayward said:

My nephew plays there now and his dad and another uncle and myself(none of us played at Sheridan) we all played college football and we always joke that the 3 of us could have coached last year's team to win that regional game against ND and we would have loved to see what the team could have done against Lutheran.

Man, if people could hear the conversations that I and Nick Doty have during commercial breaks of Sheridan games. We both love Coach Wright, but we know that opportunities are being missed over the now 5 years that we have been broadcasting the games. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

Looks like South Putnam challenged Lutheran down to the wire. What’s the word on this one? Was Lutheran just rusty from two straight weeks of byes or is South Putnam just that good?

Neither teams best ball. SP made some big moves at LOS as a surprise to both teams, several Lutheran players leaving the game early. Lutheran looked rusty at times with bad timing and drops on deep balls. SP killed themselves with turnovers losing two fumbles on big runs. 

On 10/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, kdets89 said:

Milan will probably prevent that from happening.

kdets89 Any word on the Lutheran game you would like to share? I know SP was ranked highly in 1A but still a pretty shocking result.

From the ScoreTracker in MaxPreps, if correct:
Lutheran scored their 2nd TD on a very short field off a SP fumble and then had an interception right before half with SP in the red zone about to score, 14-7 at half. 3rd Q they had 3 punts each still 14-7... 4th Q another interception for Lutheran turned into a score then up 21-7. SP drives down on next possession and scores to make it 21-14. Lutheran punts and SP drives down again with a few minutes left to tie the game, but their 4th turnover of the game is a fumble as they are nearing the red zone and that seals it for Lutheran.

Lutheran wins 21-14 with the help of 4 turnovers(14pts off turnovers and 2 turnovers with SP about to score at crucial moments) What a game this must have been. Heartbreaker for SP to be that close even after 4 turnovers!

Is Lutheran beatable? Providence must be licking their lips...

59 minutes ago, khayward said:

kdets89 Any word on the Lutheran game you would like to share?

As usual, I'll let the film speak for itself.

The only think I'll add, is that I'm a big fan of Sagarin (after about week 4).  However, there are always teams that don't seem to match their rating (with only 9 games, and not a lot of crossover between classes/geography, the R-squared isn't always >.70).  I've thought South Putnam was better than their rating all year.  I truly believe they're a top-3 team in 1A, and would be competitive in the 2A tourney.  I think Aiden Beadles (#11) is the best linebacker in 1A, and might be the best defensive player overall.  Kid was all over the field and played a big part in limiting big play opportunities for LuHi.  Their O-line did a great job giving their QB (Wyatt Mullin, #2) time to make big plays downfield.  There aren't many other lines in 1A that will be able to do that against Lutheran.

Say what you will about the two-week hiatus for Lutheran.  I think the 7-point margin was all about South Putnam.

Are there any other 1A teams aside from AC who can replicate that effort?  We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 2:43 PM, khayward said:

Sheridan local government is buy fighting off a de-facto Westfield takeover:

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/westfield/2023/10/30/sheridan-fears-westfield-expansion-plan-annexation-plans-merger-adams-township/71301526007/

Big changes coming to northern Hamilton County have leaders in the town of Sheridan worried they’ll get left behind.

A $40-plus million Hamilton County project to bring water and sewer lines beyond 216th Street along US 31 promises to spur commercial and residential development, bolstering fears in Sheridan that Westfield will try to annex land in Adams Township to boost to its economy.

To fortify against that possibility Sheridan and Adams Township leaders have struck on a potential bulwark: expand Sheridan’s boundaries to the planned utility area.

“We want to protect our identity and maintain local control over the homes and make sure our schools aren't hurt,” said Adams Township Trustee Michelle Junkins. “I would prefer Westfield stay in its borders. Borders should be borders.”

The concerns are not without merit. Westfield has already annexed a large piece of property just south of the Adams Township line. And the land owner, Shear Property Group, which builds commercial buildings, had expressed interest in Westfield annexing more than 33 acres of its land just across 216th Street in Adams Township, several officials said.

Sheridan leaders said if Westfield begins annexing land they would control the pace and density of future development, which could have deleterious trickle-down consequences for Adams Township government services.

For example, residents in the sure-to-come housing developments will be required to send their children to schools in the Sheridan Schools Corp. If Westfield had control of the area it could approve residential projects without consideration of school crowding and budget, making it difficult for the district to adjust accordingly.

"The strain on our schools alone will be too much for most of the community to handle, at a certain point," Sheridan Town Councilor Daniel Bragg said.

The utilities being installed in the rural area will replace septic tanks and wells and allow developers to build at a much lower cost. At the same time, the Indiana Department of Transportation is upgrading US 31 to an expressway-style corridor that could also bolster growth.

A joint resolution recently passed by Sheridan and Adams Township to merge into one government sets in motion a series of steps that would expand Sheridan’s boundaries to those of the larger township, including to US 31.

The consolidation will require a fiscal impact study, approval by state agencies, and separate votes of 51% by Sheridan and township residents to become law.

Sounds like Sheridan/Adams Township is set on becoming the new Westfield in the increasingly urban-sprawl known as Hamilton county.

• Disdain 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/westfield/2023/10/30/sheridan-fears-westfield-expansion-plan-annexation-plans-merger-adams-township/71301526007/

Sounds like Sheridan/Adams Township is set on becoming the new Westfield in the increasingly urban-sprawl known as Hamilton county.

Relevance here?

17 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Not that this has any relevance whatsoever here, but as a Town Councilman of Sheridan, the aim is to NOT become Westfield.  If we were okay to become a brand new sprawling metropolis, it would be much easier to just let Westfield takeover everything. We DON'T want that.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Not that this has any relevance whatsoever here, but as a Town Councilman of Sheridan, the aim is to NOT become Westfield.  If we were okay to become a brand new sprawling metropolis, it would be much easier to just let Westfield takeover everything. We DON'T want that.

Of course you don't want Westfield to take over everything Mr. Bragg.   You and other elected officials want to control the massive growth that is coming to Sheridan and Adams township.  But growth is coming, and within 50 years there probably won't be all that much that distinguishes Sheridan from today's Westfield.

How is Sheridan Community Schools planning for this growth?  I hope they have purchased sufficient real estate for the school building/expansions projects that are to come.

16 hours ago, khayward said:

Relevance here?

Sheridan will not be a 1A enrollment classification for that much longer.   And how will that affect the football history/tradition in Blackhawk Country?

• Disdain 2

Let's get this thread back to where it's designed to be and away from local small town drama/politics...

The game of the week in the north is the rematch between Triton and North Judson. Triton got the best of the Blue Jays in a big way in the regular season, but JH is predicting a 1-point margin this time around in favor of Triton. It looks like Park Tudor at North Vermillion could be a good one, but I don't know anything about these teams. I don't expect AC or Carroll to have any problems making it back to a regional rematch assuming they stay healthy and play relatively clean football.

It looks like there are a few good games in the south with North Decatur at Milan and Springs Valley at Providence. I don't know anything about these teams, but on paper it looks like a fun sectional final week.

• Like 4