Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Probably the most well-rounded sectional in all of 5A. Who do you got?

DC-Seems to have turned it on and found an answer to reel off some wins. A lot of Sophomores starting for this team, and will be a team to be reckoned with for the next few years. 

Plainfield- If you asked me 3 weeks ago they would've been my pick to win this sectional and have a serious shot to go to state. They cannot seem to find offense. Maybe the bye week got them back on track?

Harrison- Dominating inferior opponents and looking to get revenge on Plainfield for their only loss of the season

McCutcheon- The underdog in this sectional. Lost 30-13 to Harrison for their matchup

DC @ McCutcheon: Gotta take DC in this one. As long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot tonight they roll. DC 31-17

Plainfield @ Harrison: Expect a low scoring dog fight. Going to come down to turnovers and possibly a 2 point conversion like the first meeting. Harrison 18-17

image.png.bbc0340377106ff233af5b7983778918.png

Edited by FridayNightLights

Taking Harrison over Plainfield in this one just because I want my son to play for a sectional title before he finishes up high school.  It also fits with what happened last year too with the loser of the first match avenging themselves in the second.  I also think that Harrison has gotten some of the kinks worked out from the first couple of games and also has most of their guys healthy.  For Plainfield, they'll need to be able to pass to keep Harrison off-balance and be able to run effectively between the tackles.  When teams struggle with the pass or can't control the middle, then the Harrison defense changes up a bit.  This is what happened both with Jeff and West Lafayette.  Once Harrison was able to shut down the middle run, that's pretty much when the game was over.  West Lafayette's QB had a 106 rating through last week, but ended up going 22-40 for 127 against Harrison.

I would normally take Decatur Central over McCutcheon, but McCutcheon's surprise win over Kokomo and the close game against Guerin makes me wonder if they've got one more spark in them to force a cross-town sectional championship should Harrison prevail tonight.  I'd love for Harrison to play an away game next week across town.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Taking Harrison over Plainfield in this one just because I want my son to play for a sectional title before he finishes up high school.  It also fits with what happened last year too with the loser of the first match avenging themselves in the second.  I also think that Harrison has gotten some of the kinks worked out from the first couple of games and also has most of their guys healthy.  For Plainfield, they'll need to be able to pass to keep Harrison off-balance and be able to run effectively between the tackles.  When teams struggle with the pass or can't control the middle, then the Harrison defense changes up a bit.  This is what happened both with Jeff and West Lafayette.  Once Harrison was able to shut down the middle run, that's pretty much when the game was over.  West Lafayette's QB had a 106 rating through last week, but ended up going 22-40 for 127 against Harrison.

I would normally take Decatur Central over McCutcheon, but McCutcheon's surprise win over Kokomo and the close game against Guerin makes me wonder if they've got one more spark in them to force a cross-town sectional championship should Harrison prevail tonight.  I'd love for Harrison to play an away game next week across town.

I wanted to wish your son and Harrison good luck tonight.  I hope Harrison wins, but if they don't, you can always say the system is broken and Plainfield should be in 6A.  🙂

• Thanks 1