• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 12- Sectional Championships

8 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

JH Lines:

S16: North (-3) at Castle

S24: Reitz (-14) at Memorial

S30: VL (+4) at Gibson Southern

Does Castle have what it takes to stop North’s rushing attack?   

Is Memorial QB1 back or is he out for the year? 

VL and GS should be fun. 

Regional championship possibilities 

5A

Seymour at North

Castle at Bloomington South

Castle at Seymour

North at Blooming South

4A

East Central at Reitz

Memorial at Greenwood

East Central at Memorial

Greenwood at Reitz 

3A

Monrovia at VL

GS at Tri-west 

GS at Monrovia

VL at Tri-West

10 hours ago, AW0352 said:

Is Memorial QB1 back or is he out for the year? 

Don’t let them lie to you. He’s a natural lefty. 

10 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

He is back, but only for punting duties, although he had a 1 play cameo tonight against Jasper. He threw it from his left hand for a 50 yard gain to step up the game winning FG. 

Can we never speak of that again? Thanks 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tango said:

Great win for the Tigers last night but we just don't have the horses to stay with Reitz. Panthers have too many weapons. Will be fun to see East Central invade the Bowl though.

Could hang in for a bit, but Reitz is a whole different breed right now. But nothing better than November football in Enlow!

2 hours ago, combthehair said:

Can we never speak of that again? Thanks 

[laughing reaction] as I have used up mine

My predictions:

5A - North Castle. Harrell has North -3, but I question whether North can win two big games in a row. McCool is a tough RB, so I'll go with Castle 24-14. 

4A - Reitz @ Memorial. Either way the winner gets their a$$e$ run through the Ringer the next week by East Central. Harrell has Reitz -14. I'd love to go with my heart and pick my Tigers, but Reitz has too many weapons and our O is limited. Reitz 35-13.  

3A - VL @ Gibson Southern. Harrell has GS -4. Both teams have some explosive, experienced players. I'll take GS 35-34 in OT - VL goes for 2, GS has 12 on the field, stuffs the play and the refs miss it, which is the 2023 formula for a PAC team to beat an SIAC team..... 

Good luck to all teams.

• Haha 4

The SIAC Scallion - Serious scores. Satirical sendups.

5A - SECTIONAL 16
North 17 at Castle 14 - An unnamed Courier and Press staff member comes off a nine week suspension for suggesting the headline “Huskies Rook Knights” after the Huskies win in week-one.  Same staff member is put immediately back on suspension for recommending “Knights Lanced By Huskies” when North pulls ahead in their sectional championship rematch.

4A - SECTIONAL 24
Reitz 24 at Memorial 17 - Luke Ellspermann and Roland Vera Jr. continue their versatility/virtuosity contest by selling concessions at halftime and helping the elderly cross streets after the game. Ellspermann claims victory by collecting more in tips at the concession stand.

3A - SECTIONAL 30
Vincennes 27 at Gibson Southern 35 - The Alice’s and Titans play for the newly minted “Old Oaken Tundra.”  The trophy is the brainchild of Toyota Motor North America’s marketing team and represents the first vehicle produced at their Gibson County facility.  It will be presented to the winner of this and any future matchups between the two schools. Both programs react with a confused shrug.

Posting today, I might not have time tomorrow.