Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 12- Sectional Championships

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Coaches who have two consecutive undefeated regular seasons (and conference championships to go with them, of course) don’t have hot seats.

Every coach at RHS since Herman Byers has felt their seat warmers kick on from time to time.  Seems Brunson will be no different.  There was a running commentary among the throng of unhappy Panther fans as they walked to their cars about the poor offensive showing.  Reitz didn't run all that well - outside of Oxley - and their passing game seemed to be centered around throwing the ball up in the general direction of Summers or Vera and have them go get it.  It may have worked for much of the year but it turned into 3 INTs last night.  Credit to Tiger DBs.

1 hour ago, jets said:

Didn’t Jasper run the table in their first year in the SIAC only to get knocked off in Sectionals?? 

Maybe it’s the curse of undefeated SIAC champs?? 

I know we did it one year to MD…believe it was 2013 maybe? 

Last 3 seasons in the SIAC, the undefeated champion has been knocked off in the sectionals. Only 2020 Central team was the one that advanced so far since the expansion. I think the “SIAC Curse” was brought up from one of the livestream commentators last year after Reitz lost to Boonville.

All I say about the game against Memorial is this. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Reitz can’t blame anyone but themselves for this one. You have over 200 yards in penalties for the game, you won’t win many games. 

I can’t tell you how many times the defense had a stop, only to make a stupid mistake to keep a drive alive. 

They got punched in the mouth early, and didn’t respond. Good game to the tigers. 

2 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

All I say about the game against Memorial is this. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Reitz can’t blame anyone but themselves for this one. You have over 200 yards in penalties for the game, you won’t win many games. 

I can’t tell you how many times the defense had a stop, only to make a stupid mistake to keep a drive alive. 

They got punched in the mouth early, and didn’t respond. Good game to the tigers. 

Well said.