Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Caston @ North White - Too much Viking quarterback. North White takes this one.

Culver @ Winamac - I've watched Winamac play.  After the Warriors hung with North Judson into the 4th quarter 0-0, WHS takes this one over the Cavs.

Knox @ LaVille - Two top 15 teams in their class and both unbeaten on the season and in Hoosier North Athletic Conference play to this point. This is one of the other games that I felt a couple of weeks ago was going to be a Game of the Week. Both teams have beaten tough opponents and dominated other foes. These two teams have played very close games the last two years - 21-20 in 2022 and 7-6 in 2021.  I look for more of the same Friday.

Who has the ball last could win this one.  Additionally, wouldn't be surprised if this is another 1-pt game - maybe a missed/blocked PAT or 2-pt conversion to decide a winner.  I honestly see challenges for both Knox and LaVille.  I continue to believe the champ is the champ until someone beats the champ. LaVille wins by 1-point

South Central @ North Judson -The Jays will be in no mood after the challenge put forth by Winamac last week.  NJSP takes this one comfortably.

Triton @ Pioneer - This game intrigues me. Triton was in the conference conversation early on and was hit by the injury bug.  Pioneer has a young and athletic group of underclassmen that are trending up.  Another one that I see coming down to the final horn.  Don't be surprised if this one goes OT! Pioneer takes this by a point at the Pit!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 9/17/2023 at 10:53 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Week Six - Involving Hoosier North Athletic Conference Teams!

What say you for this week?

Friday, Sep. 22
Caston at North White, 7 pm
Culver at Winamac ©, 7 pm
Knox at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm
South Central at North Judson, 8 pm
Triton at Pioneer ©, 7 pm

from_the_sidelines007

I’m seeing a lot of comments about North White’s QB.  What is his name?  How does his game compare to Hnac QB’s?

On 9/17/2023 at 10:53 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Week Six - Involving Hoosier North Athletic Conference Teams!

What say you for this week?

Friday, Sep. 22
Caston at North White, 7 pm
Culver at Winamac ©, 7 pm
Knox at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm
South Central at North Judson, 8 pm
Triton at Pioneer ©, 7 pm

from_the_sidelines007

North White 21-14

Winamac 35-21

Knox  24-21

NJ 35-14

Triton 28-21

On 9/18/2023 at 12:52 PM, Oldschool said:

Curious as to where you were able to watch the pioneer Hammond game?

I watched it last night on RTC4's  youtube channel.  Felt bad for the Hammond kids, it looked to be 10 people in their stands.

I know it was a drive, but that's horrible.

What a gutsy performance by the Trojans tonight!  After giving up a big score on the 2nd play of the game, they buckled down and scored the next 20 points! All that with a 3rd string running back.  (Where was Prater?) Took advantage of a couple of 4th quarter Pioneer turnovers to ride it out and finish off the Panthers.  That's a quality win for Triton.

Close win for Knox to keep their conference title hopes alive, and a competitive game for the Comets!  Almost pulled off the big upset!

20 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

What a gutsy performance by the Trojans tonight!  After giving up a big score on the 2nd play of the game, they buckled down and scored the next 20 points! All that with a 3rd string running back.  (Where was Prater?) Took advantage of a couple of 4th quarter Pioneer turnovers to ride it out and finish off the Panthers.  That's a quality win for Triton.

Close win for Knox to keep their conference title hopes alive, and a competitive game for the Comets!  Almost pulled off the big upset!

Prater sprained ankle 1st series

On 9/19/2023 at 8:15 AM, FarmerFran said:

Caston @ North White- Vikings- The comets are getting better, but they're not there yet.

Culver @ Winamac- Warriors- In my opinion, this will be the only game that either of these teams can win this year.

Knox @ LaVille- Knox Football Team- I think that Knox's offense will be too much for the Lancers.

SCUM @ Judson- Jays- Coach Lambert will be getting the kids boosted back up this week after their lackluster performance against Winamac.

Triton @ Pioneer- Panthers- I'm not sure that either team has been fully healthy all season. There's a good chance Toloza doesn't play this Friday, which certainly doesn't help Pioneer. This Panther team is much grittier than last year's team and I think that if they can contain Shively (easier said than done) they will win. In my opinion, Shively is the best or second best overall player in the conference right up there with Plummer between what they offer at QB, DB and Kicker.

Hey Farmer Fran!  I would love to get your opinions on the Pioneer/Triton game!  I think Triton will have a difficult time beating Pioneer again if they were to meet up in sectional.  Pioneer had some major players out for this game as did Triton but it’s always tough to beat a team twice in one season!

1 hour ago, Oldschool said:

Hey Farmer Fran!  I would love to get your opinions on the Pioneer/Triton game!  I think Triton will have a difficult time beating Pioneer again if they were to meet up in sectional.  Pioneer had some major players out for this game as did Triton but it’s always tough to beat a team twice in one season!

My prediction held true, that if Pioneer could contain Shively they would win, and they didn't. Shively was the difference in this game. Being down both primary ball carriers did not help Pioneer, but the offense was still fairly successful even with backups in 3 of the 4 positions backfield positions and being out our starting center. Pioneer was inside of the red zone 3 times and didn't put up points, which was a killer. At full health, I think Pioneer wins this past week by 1 or 2 scores, but being a 30 man team at the 1a level we probably will never be at full health.

I think what was more motivating for the Pioneer players was the last minute of the game where Pioneer stopped calling timeouts so that Triton could kneel out the clock. Instead of kneeling it out, Triton went for not one but two qb sneaks to score. In my opinion, if you don't like it then stop it, but at the same time, the players took that pretty personally and are already hoping for a sectional rematch.

30 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

My prediction held true, that if Pioneer could contain Shively they would win, and they didn't. Shively was the difference in this game. Being down both primary ball carriers did not help Pioneer, but the offense was still fairly successful even with backups in 3 of the 4 positions backfield positions and being out our starting center. Pioneer was inside of the red zone 3 times and didn't put up points, which was a killer. At full health, I think Pioneer wins this past week by 1 or 2 scores, but being a 30 man team at the 1a level we probably will never be at full health.

I think what was more motivating for the Pioneer players was the last minute of the game where Pioneer stopped calling timeouts so that Triton could kneel out the clock. Instead of kneeling it out, Triton went for not one but two qb sneaks to score. In my opinion, if you don't like it then stop it, but at the same time, the players took that pretty personally and are already hoping for a sectional rematch.

Ya I wondered why they didn’t just kneel on it after they picked up the deciding first down.  I’m sure the kids wanted to score but you need to realize that you could be facing them again in the sectional.

2 hours ago, Oldschool said:

Ya I wondered why they didn’t just kneel on it after they picked up the deciding first down.  I’m sure the kids wanted to score but you need to realize that you could be facing them again in the sectional.

Making decisions like that could end up costing Shively some post season awards.. seen it happen before.... to each their own i guess!!