Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bishop Chatard @ Delta

Delta looks like they go single back with a mix of formations. Multiple tight end sets. A wing at times. They will spread it out and go out of the gun as well. Coming out of arguably top to bottom worst sectional of 3A I'd say. A lot of people had heritage probably winning this sectional. Sounds bad being the regional, but this will probably be the easiest of the four games Chatard will have played so far this playoffs.

Just now, First_Backer_Inside said:

Delta looks like they go single back with a mix of formations. Multiple tight end sets. A wing at times. They will spread it out and go out of the gun as well. Coming out of arguably top to bottom worst sectional of 3A I'd say. A lot of people had heritage probably winning this sectional. Sounds bad being the regional, but this will probably be the easiest of the four games Chatard will have played so far this playoffs.

3A North*

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

Ok no running clock comment. Just an Image

image.png.1faac1cb02e1d241619d61ed1ac82e6f.png

That guy is likely to get a penalty for improper coverage on the knees. :classic_smile:

Watched Delta play Mt. Vernon on youtube. Understand that it is midseason film and teams/players change. As I’ve said each week, the strength of the Chatard team is their defense. Good luck to any team with moving the ball let alone sustaining a drive that ends in points. If I’m the Delta coach I am pushing for a very low scoring game a la Guerin. Hamilton Heights stacked the box and challenged Chatard to throw or run outside which really worked for the first half. The problem I saw is that the Delta NT is 5’7 and maybe 175 lbs. Unless Delta can survive in cover zero I think the BCHS offensive line grinds down Delta. This will probably be another 28-7 game with Delta scoring late against the backups. 

19 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

Watched Delta play Mt. Vernon on youtube. Understand that it is midseason film and teams/players change. As I’ve said each week, the strength of the Chatard team is their defense. Good luck to any team with moving the ball let alone sustaining a drive that ends in points. If I’m the Delta coach I am pushing for a very low scoring game a la Guerin. Hamilton Heights stacked the box and challenged Chatard to throw or run outside which really worked for the first half. The problem I saw is that the Delta NT is 5’7 and maybe 175 lbs. Unless Delta can survive in cover zero I think the BCHS offensive line grinds down Delta. This will probably be another 28-7 game with Delta scoring late against the backups. 

Deltas nose is small but pretty good…he’s also a good wrestler that benefits him. I don’t see this being a running clock. I have not watched Chatard play but I know Delta plays a pretty tough schedule and has some dudes that can make plays.

34 minutes ago, Playmaker said:

Deltas nose is small but pretty good…he’s also a good wrestler that benefits him. I don’t see this being a running clock. I have not watched Chatard play but I know Delta plays a pretty tough schedule and has some dudes that can make plays.

Back about a decade ago, Churubusco had a OGuard who probably weighed 140/150 lbs.  Did a PHENOMENAL job up front against players twice his weight.  Most impressive.  Don't know if he was a wrestler or not, but still remember his performance to this day.

• Like 1