Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A REGIONAL: LEO @ MISSISSINEWA

Since I'm going to have a slow Friday at work I was hoping to drum up some conversation/thoughts about this game.  I know Miss is undefeated, ranked 5th and just knocked off Kokomo, BUT I still see the Lions winning this game.  Miss QB has thrown for @2400 yds this year with I believe 25 or so td's.  Saw there game with Kokomo and they look solid, big up front but line doesn't get to the second level defenders very well.  Rb is shifty and has some elusiveness to him.  I don't see them being able to consistently block Leo off the edges (ESPECIALLY Schott) or Sheron inside. I also don't see them having anyone individual who could keep Hurst or Schott locked down, or even keep in check, in coverage while Leo has shown to have solid coverage guys all over their secondary.  People may think I'm crazy but I see Leo winning this by 3 scores.   Leo 35, Mississinewa 14.   Thoughts?

21 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Leo 35 - Mississinewa 28 - I see this as one of the better games this week. I think Leo will be able to move the ball, but not sure they will totally shutdown Mississinewa offensively

I definitely had Leo winning but not by the score they did.  They seem to be firing on all cylinders at just the right time.  

2 hours ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

I definitely had Leo winning but not by the score they did.  They seem to be firing on all cylinders at just the right time.  

Agree. I had East Noble beating them in a close game the second time around. I certainly wasn't expecting the Knights to play catchup the for the entirety of the game. I know a good football team when I see one, and East Noble is good. So what's that make Leo? I'll say it again. Very high caliber 5A, mid caliber 6A. I really hope it comes down to Leo and East Central. I might show up for that one. 

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Agree. I had East Noble beating them in a close game the second time around. I certainly wasn't expecting the Knights to play catchup the for the entirety of the game. I know a good football team when I see one, and East Noble is good. So what's that make Leo? I'll say it again. Very high caliber 5A, mid caliber 6A. I really hope it comes down to Leo and East Central. I might show up for that one. 

The Leo offense is legit. I have watched enough of them this year to say that. I think they are vulnerable on defense in some situations

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BTF said:

Northwood has D1 talent and mirrors Leo...they might  be considered in those ranks as well