3. Cathedral

4.Brownsburg

5. Carmel

6.HSE

7.Westfield

8.FW Carroll

9. Warren Central

10. Fishers

This is about where I’m at.  Never thought I’d say this but I might take a look at Lawrence Central over Warren.

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Looks like the usual suspects. Hard to argue, but I'd switch it around a bit:

1. Center Grove   2. Brownsburg   3. Cathedral   4. Ben Davis   5. Warren Central   6. Carmel   7. HSE   8. Carroll   9. Westfield   10. Fishers   

There's some method to my madness here, but more of a shot in the dark. 

What’s your method if you don’t mind me asking?

I just can’t with Brownsburg anymore.  Regular season paper tigers annually.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

This is about where I’m at.  Never thought I’d say this but I might take a look at Lawrence Central over Warren.

What’s your method if you don’t mind me asking?

I just can’t with Brownsburg anymore.  Regular season paper tigers annually.

There seems to be lot's of hype surrounding Brownsburg and what they return this year. Warren has a good coach, I like the possibilities in his third year at the helm. Ben Davis...........hype. Carroll...........hype. The rest mostly traditionally strong programs. Like I said, a shot in the dark. Why Lawrence Central?

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

There seems to be lot's of hype surrounding Brownsburg and what they return this year. Warren has a good coach, I like the possibilities in his third year at the helm. Ben Davis...........hype. Carroll...........hype. The rest mostly traditionally strong programs. Like I said, a shot in the dark. Why Lawrence Central?

Brownsburg has the talent for sure but I’ll maintain a wait and see approach through the regular season.  They broke me after that embarrassment at BD two years ago in the regional…after beating them soundly in the regular season.

I could be wrong as both lost a lot of talent but LC and Warren just seem to be trending in opposite directions.  LC has some playmakers returning on offense that should help them offset the loss of Mickens on defense.

I think Kirschner’s best coaching days are behind him but will admit defeat if I’m proven wrong there also.  They will be relevant (always are) but I’m not sure they’ve got the skill to match the swagger.

You called Carroll last year so I will default to your expertise on them.  I hope you are right.

Edited by temptation

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

You called Carroll last year so I will default to your expertise on them.  I hope you are right.

Doug Dinan returns his quarterback from last year. Now a junior, he's already receiving offers from the MAC. Dinan will always have very good offenses, and having a really good QB should make them really lethal. His weakness has always been defense, but appears to have that corrected. Carroll's community continues to grow and they have some of the best facilities in the state...........the kind that kids and families gravitate toward. They proved themselves in a recent 7 on 7, now it's just a matter of how good they are in the trenches. They'll find out fast with HSE and Warren Central in Weeks 1 & 2. 

How good was Carroll in 2022? They had Snider down 28-14 at one point and North Side 28-7 and beat HSE 21-15..............that's the good. The bad? They barely somehow escaped Jeff (not that that's bad). HSE had a snow storm blowing directly into their sideline. Was that a factor? They were waxed by CG. Would CG have done that to anyone? 

Conclusion? They made it to state in 6A, they're pretty good.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Doug Dinan returns his quarterback from last year. Now a junior, he's already receiving offers from the MAC. Dinan will always have very good offenses, and having a really good QB should make them really lethal. His weakness has always been defense, but appears to have that corrected. Carroll's community continues to grow and they have some of the best facilities in the state...........the kind that kids and families gravitate toward. They proved themselves in a recent 7 on 7, now it's just a matter of how good they are in the trenches. They'll find out fast with HSE and Warren Central in Weeks 1 & 2. 

How good was Carroll in 2022? They had Snider down 28-14 at one point and North Side 28-7 and beat HSE 21-15..............that's the good. The bad? They barely somehow escaped Jeff (not that that's bad). HSE had a snow storm blowing directly into their sideline. Was that a factor? They were waxed by CG. Would CG have done that to anyone? 

Conclusion? They made it to state in 6A, they're pretty good.

The CG of the north…gotta get one here soon though.

CG was tested a couple of times in the tournament prior to Carroll, so no it’s unlikely they would have “done that to anyone.”

Edited by temptation

On 6/27/2023 at 10:08 AM, BTF said:

We'll have answers in Week 1:

Jeff travels to Cathedral. Carroll travels to HSE. Penn travels to Valpo. Homestead hosts Carmel.

Don’t forget CG going to Massillon to take on the Mighty, Mighty Eagles of St. Edward. 🦅 As always, today is a great day to be an Eagle!

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Don’t forget CG going to Massillon to take on the Mighty, Mighty Eagles of St. Edward. 🦅 As always, today is a great day to be an Eagle!

Center Grove vs St. Edward is a great matchup for sure. But I was referring to games that will give some clarity to the strength of teams up north. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Center Grove vs St. Edward is a great matchup for sure. But I was referring to games that will give some clarity to the strength of teams up north. 

I know, but I had to get a plug in for the old school. 😉

On 6/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, temptation said:

Carroll broke through last year and gave the Temp hope that his dream of a non-central Indiana team competing in 6A was a possibility and then the state title game happened.

Is Crown Point next in line?

Definitely an empty ending for their season last year, but also I don't think anyone up here had expected them to run roughshod through their opponents for the first ten games though. They just ran into a team with a good game plan and a D1 RB who they simply could not stop that night. They return almost all of the defense and the O-Line, and bring in a legit D1 receiver and a QB who maybe has the potential to play D1 if he can put everything together. I think this should help as they were very one-dimensional offensively last year, which really haunted them against Jeff. They have a very good coaching staff top to bottom, located in a growing, wealthy town with only one high school, have great facilities they are investing even more money in, and have a strong youth program in place with CP Junior Bulldogs. As long as Buz's health holds up, I can see them turning into a perennial power up north. Whether that means they can compete with the teams from down south is another story. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Definitely an empty ending for their season last year, but also I don't think anyone up here had expected them to run roughshod through their opponents for the first ten games though. They just ran into a team with a good game plan and a D1 RB who they simply could not stop that night. They return almost all of the defense and the O-Line, and bring in a legit D1 receiver and a QB who maybe has the potential to play D1 if he can put everything together. I think this should help as they were very one-dimensional offensively last year, which really haunted them against Jeff. They have a very good coaching staff top to bottom, located in a growing, wealthy town with only one high school, have great facilities they are investing even more money in, and have a strong youth program in place with CP Junior Bulldogs. As long as Buz's health holds up, I can see them turning into a perennial power up north. Whether that means they can compete with the teams from down south is another story. 

Love the hype. I hope they do well. It gives the north another program to take seriously. I love the direction Jeff and Carroll are going in. Now add Crown Point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, temptation said:

The CG of the north…gotta get one here soon though.

CG was tested a couple of times in the tournament prior to Carroll, so no it’s unlikely they would have “done that to anyone.”

CG's main test was the opening game of the tournament at FC.  (serious underdog)  Was coming off the week of their tough loss at the end of the game against Cathedral.  Don't remember any other serious tests in the tournament for the Trojans.

9 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

CG's main test was the opening game of the tournament at FC.  (serious underdog)  Was coming off the week of their tough loss at the end of the game against Cathedral.  Don't remember any other serious tests in the tournament for the Trojans.

The regional against Warren Central. The Warriors pushed Center Grove if I recall correctly. Kinda reminded me of Warren Central's regional game back in 2018 when North Central pushed the Warriors to the brink

Edited by Warren Central Warrior
Added some details

55 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Warren made it interesting for a while in the regional.

2 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

The regional against Warren Central. The Warriors pushed Center Grove if I recall correctly. Kinda reminded me of Warren Central's regional game back in 2018 when North Central pushed the Warriors to the brink

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Warren made it interesting for a while in the regional.

Wasn't really pushed "to the brink"

CG 14-0 end of Q1, CG 21-14 at half, CG 28-17 end of Q3, final CG 42-32.  I guess one could call it interesting....that's fair.  CG was always in the lead...Warriors did cut it to a single score in Q2.  

https://www.maxpreps.com/games/11-11-2022/football-22/center-grove-vs-warren-central.htm?c=GZx0bn6BX0mF7ez2iwZznA#tab=recap&schoolid=

• Like 1

On 6/15/2023 at 10:55 AM, Rocket said:

Who’s everyone like this year?. A lot of of the same faces or are there going to be some unlikely teams?

5A Preseason 

1. valpo

2. FW snider 

3. merrillville 

4. whiteland 

5. DC

6. Michigan city 

7. fw north 

8. FW Dwenger 

9. Harrison (WL)

10. Chesterton 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I'll put my money on Ben Davis then. 

Westfield also had very nice young players last year... D-line especially.

I think the Giants are loaded.  What a slap in the face that’d be for a first year coach to step in on the west side and win a state title while Hart bows out early again.