Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC - Sectional Thread!

Here we go - - - what are you thinking about CIC teams in sectionals

Bluffton vs. Alexandria - This is Alexandria's year to win sectional.  Bluffton didn't impress me last week when I watched them on IHSAATV.  Alexandria wins a hard fought close game!

Elwood vs. Eastern - Eastern wins easily.  They should play in the sectional finals.  They've got a great draw.

Madison Grant vs. Northfield - M.G. rebounds from last weeks loss with a final win of the season.

Eastbrook vs. Frankton - Eastbrook and Frankton in a great battle, low scoring game, with Eastbrook winning.

Hamilton Heights vs. Oak Hill - Hamilton Heights pulls away for a comfortable win.

Blackford vs. TIpton - I'll take Blackford just for fun.  The winner will get Eastern next week.

Mississinewa vs. Western - Ole Miss seems to struggle in sectionals.  I'll take them in game 1.

It's been quiet, what are you all thinking!?

• Haha 1

Alexandria vs Bluffton--This is going to be a close game.  Both teams have had great seasons.  In the end Alexandria pulls it out.

Eastern vs Elwood--Elwood will have another running clock at some point in the second half as Eastern cruises to a win

Madison Grant vs Northfield--MG's schedule helps them a lot as they cruise to a victory.

Frankton vs Eastbrook--This is going to be another close game.  Regular season Eastbrook pulled out a win by a TD.  This time around Frankton gets a little revenge and pulls out the win by a field goal.

Hamilton Heights vs Oak Hill--If Oak Hill has everybody back, this could be a good game.  But in the end Hamilton Heights is just too much for Oak Hill and pulls away late in the game for the win.

Tipton vs Blackford--Tipton is down this year with only 1 win, that was over Elwood.  Tipton gets the win and advances to the next round while Blackford starts talking about if they are going to get a new coach.

Mississinewa vs Western--Western is usually a pretty good team, but they are down a little this year.  Mississinewa is big up front with a QB that can sling the ball.  The RB by committee is working really well for Ole Miss.  In the end Mississinewa wins and advances to play Columbia City.

Alexandria vs. Bluffton - Turf team visiting a wet, sloppy field should work to Alexandria's advantage. 

Eastern vs. Elwood - Comets get to rest starters in the second half for the next 2 weeks. Draw of the century.

Madison Grant vs. Northfield - MG in a runaway

Frankton vs. Eastbrook - I like Frankton's chances. Which QB plays for them makes the difference.

Hamilton Heights vs. Oak Hill - HH Big in this one.

Tipton vs. Blackford - Growing up in Elwood nothing brings me joy like watching Tipton struggle. GO BRUINS!

Mississinewa vs. Western - The only team I like less than Tipton is Mississinewa. GO PANTHERS!!

There are 3 CIC Teams left.  If all 3 win they will play at home for the Championship.  So here it goes

Eastbrook at Bluffton--Bluffton started the season off looking really good and spent the season in the top 10 in both polls.  Eastbrook is a good team but has struggled this year.  In the end, Bluffton pulls out the win by a TD.

Madison-Grant at North Miami--Madison-Grant runs away with this one and plays with a running clock at some point in the second half.

Mississinewa at Columbia City--This game is going to be a shoot out.  Columbia City started off the season hot then lost the final 4 games of the regular season.  Mississinewa is 10-0 and going for history to as they try to become 11-0.  Mississinewa passing game is very, very good with very few teams having an answer on how to defend it.  With Mississinewa's passing game and running back by committee attack, it will be very difficult for Columbia City to keep up.  In the end Mississinewa moves on by winning by 2 TDs.

Mississinewa and Madison-Grant are left out of the CIC.  Good luck to both teams.

Mississinewa vs Kokomo--This game is a rematch of last year but is at Mississinewa this year.  This will be a big test for both teams.  Like Columbia City, Kokomo spent a lot of the season ranked inside the top 5.  Mississinewa was ranked 5th in the final polls.  Both of these teams are very, very good.  Kokomo has played the tougher schedule with 5A and 6A teams included in their schedule.  Mississinewa on the other hand has only played 3 4A teams all season.  At the end of the game, Mississinewa pulls away and wins another sectional championship title.  

Madison-Grant vs Adams Central--AC is a very, very good team and have been to back to back state finals.  MG has played very well this year and may have the tougher schedule.  This game is going to be closer than what many think it will be.  With the game being at MG, this will play a factor.  MG is thirsty for a sectional title and this team has the capability of getting it done.  AC wants to make it a 3 peat to the state finals and are looking forward to achieving this goal.  If AC overlooks MG, it will be a very long night.  In the end, MG pulls out a narrow win.

I think the winner of both of these games have a good chance at playing Thanksgiving weekend.  

6 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Mississinewa and Madison-Grant are left out of the CIC.  Good luck to both teams.

Mississinewa vs Kokomo--This game is a rematch of last year but is at Mississinewa this year.  This will be a big test for both teams.  Like Columbia City, Kokomo spent a lot of the season ranked inside the top 5.  Mississinewa was ranked 5th in the final polls.  Both of these teams are very, very good.  Kokomo has played the tougher schedule with 5A and 6A teams included in their schedule.  Mississinewa on the other hand has only played 3 4A teams all season.  At the end of the game, Mississinewa pulls away and wins another sectional championship title.  

Madison-Grant vs Adams Central--AC is a very, very good team and have been to back to back state finals.  MG has played very well this year and may have the tougher schedule.  This game is going to be closer than what many think it will be.  With the game being at MG, this will play a factor.  MG is thirsty for a sectional title and this team has the capability of getting it done.  AC wants to make it a 3 peat to the state finals and are looking forward to achieving this goal.  If AC overlooks MG, it will be a very long night.  In the end, MG pulls out a narrow win.

I think the winner of both of these games have a good chance at playing Thanksgiving weekend.  

I don't doubt that MG is a team capable of winning a sectional title, but not sectional 44. Strength of schedule aside (JH has AC 59 spots ahead of MG in SOS), AC has a win that isn't too far from an MG comparison: the Jets beat Bluffton 24-0 in crappy weather (likely would have been more had AC not run the same 2-3 plays over and over) and Bluffton has beaten Alexandria and Eastbrook...both teams that have beaten MG. I haven't seen MG, so it's possible that comparison is irrelevant next week but I think it'll take more than a middling CIC team to knock off the Jets.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:20 PM, Indiansreloaded said:

AC will win by 4-5 TDs easily.  I think the Jets could win the CIC this year. 

ACAC is arguably a tougher conference than the CIC this year and the Jets walked through it.