Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

4A South Semistate: #3 New Palestine at #1 East Central

This is the game I’ve been looking forward to the most this postseason. As a Columbus East guy, I’ve actually been looking forward to this for awhile. East Central was our big postseason rival for years when we were in the same sectional with them in 4A. New Palestine was our big postseason rival the four consecutive years we played them from 2013-2016. Both programs are class programs and ones I’ve always had the utmost respect for. Because of this, I’ve always wanted to see them play each other but things like the success factor or not having good teams at the same time kept getting in the way. Now we’re finally getting it for (I believe) the first time ever. And it’s thankfully happening right before East Central moves up to 5A next year. Best of luck to both schools.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

This one had destiny in the story line since 10/8.

bAd bOyZ have their work cut out for them this week.  Glad it's a home game, glad EC is healthy (as possible for mid Nov), and so looking forward to watching EC host the Dragons and make another instant classic semi-state battle.

21 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’ve got a Skyline itch that needs scratched. Another draw besides the football in St. Leon.

image.jpeg.a48c698379267d3e0eeb546e2e4a5c33.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm quite surprised to see multiple people say this game won't be close friday night. Sagarin, Massey and Cal Preps are all saying this game should be within a touchdown or 2. 

Admittedly I have not seen New Pal play. What makes people think this game will be a blow out? 

25 minutes ago, Trojan12 said:

I'm quite surprised to see multiple people say this game won't be close friday night. Sagarin, Massey and Cal Preps are all saying this game should be within a touchdown or 2. 

Admittedly I have not seen New Pal play. What makes people think this game will be a blow out? 

If New Pal can stay within 2 TDs I'll be mighty impressed. 

9 minutes ago, Southeast Football Fan said:

Throw the ball, have a running QB, put 9 in the box to slow down Ringer, and double Brotherton. 

That’s a good observation but what happens when they split 15 out at WR? Most people don’t realize he catch the ball as well as any WR and they have 36 in backfield pick your poison! That’s the thing with this EC they have a three headed monster that can take it to the house anytime they touch the ball!!

29 minutes ago, Southeast Football Fan said:

Throw the ball, have a running QB, put 9 in the box to slow down Ringer, and double Brotherton. 

Fair to say you have to have the correct personnel and no one else in 4A does?

Bank on EC somehow beating themselves?

Just spit balling.

44 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just spit balling.

It seems you would have to have 2 division 1 caliber DBs to man them up in the passing game and commit everyone else to stopping/slowing down the run game? Try to contain Ringer and Brotherton and make Maxwell, Burton, and company beat you? With that being said you still have to set the edge and tackle these boys in space which is very difficult with the way they run the ball. Does New Pal, Leo, or Northwoods have the personnel to do it? I would say not likely but I know little to nothing about their personnel. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Just spit balling.

Don’t think you can really slow them down. You’d have to beat them in a shootout.