Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dynasty Rankings

13 hours ago, psaboy said:

When has Pike ever been a thought in Indiana high school football, maybe back in the 40's & 50's ??

Derek Moyers had some excellent years at Pike during his tenure.  14-1 in 2007 with their lone loss to Carmel in the state championship. 7-3 in 2008, 9-2 in 2009, 9-3 in 2010, 9-4 in 2012, 7-5 in 2013 (as previously mentioned). In the 2009 and 2010 eras, I remember a couple of excellent WR's...both I believe went to Univ of Cincy, with one of them really making a mark.  I am sure other players on his rosters that played college ball.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Awesome.

Do you have an individualized database showing where Indiana schools were ranked in specific years?

I have data for all teams in the Top 100 since 2007 including those from Indiana.    I do not have all Indiana teams, just the ones in my final poll.

1 minute ago, whiteshoes said:

I have data for all teams in the Top 100 since 2007 including those from Indiana.    I do not have all Indiana teams, just the ones in my final poll.

I mean the Indiana teams who ended up in your poll in specific years.

How many times they have been ranked, highest rank, etc…

13 hours ago, temptation said:

I mean the Indiana teams who ended up in your poll in specific years.

How many times they have been ranked, highest rank, etc…

Yes, I have a listing of each seasons Top 100 since 2007 which would include all the Indiana teams that were in the poll that season.    In addition, I have a listing for each state's teams each year since then and where they are in the Dynasty poll for that season.    Would be more than happy to share that with you if you would like.

15 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Yes, I have a listing of each seasons Top 100 since 2007 which would include all the Indiana teams that were in the poll that season.    In addition, I have a listing for each state's teams each year since then and where they are in the Dynasty poll for that season.    Would be more than happy to share that with you if you would like.

Please do!

On 12/28/2023 at 7:51 AM, temptation said:

Please do!

2008 - Center Grove (86)

2009 - Evansville Reitz (77)

2010 - Fishers (42)

2011 - Carmel (8), Warren Central (24), Indianapolis Cathedral (50), Ben Davis (56)

2012 - Lawrence Central (31)

2013 - Warren Central (32), Center Grove (46), Carmel (83), Indianapolis Pike (97)

2014 - Ben Davis (38), Carmel (60), Warren Central (67)

2015 - Center Grove (50), Mishawaka Penn (100)

2016 - Warren Central (32), Center Grove (52)

2017 - Ben Davis (5)

2018 - Warren Central (12)

2019 - New Palestine (80)

2021 - Center Grove (11), Indianapolis Cathedral (31)

2022 - Center Grove (72)

2023 - Ben Davis (48), Center Grove (56). Brownsburg (74)

* - No poll in 2020 due to Covid.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Per this previous post Penn played (in state) two of the states best teams Nationally in 2011 and 2017... and Penn wasn't even ranked in the top 100 either season...no wonder they got smoked....

I mean set aside that those teams were just lightyears better than Penn....but we will just overlook that at the moment. lol

On 1/8/2024 at 5:24 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Per this previous post Penn played (in state) two of the states best teams Nationally in 2011 and 2017... and Penn wasn't even ranked in the top 100 either season...no wonder they got smoked....

I mean set aside that those teams were just lightyears better than Penn....but we will just overlook that at the moment. lol

I know this the timeline is earlier, but thinking Penn had the best run ever in Indiana high school football. over 6 year period, 5 trips to title game winning 4 of them. Not sure who else has had a better run in top class??

• Like 3

On 1/13/2024 at 12:39 PM, psaboy said:

I know this the timeline is earlier, but thinking Penn had the best run ever in Indiana high school football. over 6 year period, 5 trips to title game winning 4 of them. Not sure who else has had a better run in top class??

The 90's were a time to be alive as a Kingsmen....A bygone era

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Eh…

I get the "eh," but Penn still seems to be part of the conversation every year whether they come through or not. Hence "relevant."

Just now, BTF said:

I get the "eh," but Penn still seems to be part of the conversation every year whether they come through or not. Hence "relevant."

I think that in part is due to their past glory as well as being the largest 6A school in their area.

Gimme Elkhart to surpass Penn sooner rather than later.

Just now, temptation said:

I think that in part is due to their past glory as well as being the largest 6A school in their area.

We said that when Elkhart became a mega school. Like you always say............"show me."

On 1/19/2024 at 11:49 AM, temptation said:

Elkhart has been trending backwards faster than Penn. Maybe this new coach can turn this trend around. 

Right now, Michiana is Penn's to win. Next year, I think Penn will be undefeated going into the playoffs. They will be over ranked and will either get beat by Carroll or drop in Regionals. 

But, I don't think Penn is relevant until they win a state title and then proceed to compete for state on a yearly basis as they did in the late 5A and early 6A years.