Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

In-Person vs. Streaming

Just wondering. The people on the GID, it seems to me, are more likely than the average fan to attend in-person as opposed to enjoying the game in the comforts of their home via some broadcast medium. I’d like to informally test that hypothesis. Who’s going out tonight vs. staying home to watch? Your thoughts on the issue?

For what it’s worth, I’ll be at Decatur Central tonight.

• Like 1

I'll be in the endzone of the Lutheran/Sheridan game running a camera and the sideline replay.

I will admit, for the two weeks Lutheran had off this year, it sure was nice flipping between multiple games on the IHSAAtv site rather than sitting in the rain!

Definately going out tonite as the forcast looks pretty good and it is semi-state.  I did, though, stay home a few times this season when the weather wasn't going to be good as Fort Wayne area has really good streaming of games with Summit City Sports and watched from the comfort of my couch.  I will be at the NorthWood @ Leo game....Go Lions!

As someone who doesn't have a dog in the fight, streaming is the way to go. Nothing was better last week than having Snider-Mishawaka on the TV, BD-Cathedral on the iPad, and Luers-Bluffton on the phone. Through the season I still try to hit some home games. Usually the home openers and homecomings. But when it is bad weather/too cold to take the little one out,  makes it so much easier to watch from the comfort of the basement. Will be streaming tonight

• Like 1

Spent each Friday this season in person, except for one, following my son around.  Even took in a couple of LCC games in person on Fridays when Harrison wasn't playing.  Tonight though, I'll be at home following online and getting caught up on some work.

2 minutes ago, RocksFan23 said:

Heading up to Crown Point from Westfield early afternoon. Live and work in Cincinnati now but have worked remote/used vacation time since first week of Sectional to follow the Rocks since relocating.

if you get up my way early enough, tremendous food opportunities throughout the city, but especially downtown area 

Live in CP since 2004, but been teaching and coaching in Rensselaer for 21 years

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

if you get up my way early enough, tremendous food opportunities throughout the city, but especially downtown area 

Live in CP since 2004, but been teaching and coaching in Rensselaer for 21 years

Got some great suggestions on the game thread here and been doing some searching. Really enjoy Big Frank’s Sausage in East Chicago, but don’t think I’ll drive the extra 45 minutes this time. Excited to have some time to check out more of CP for a day. Hearing game is expected to sell out per Westfield Twitter.

Normally stream the games, but will be in attendance for tonight. Should be a great atmosphere in Monroe! The older I get & having younger kids, streaming has been the way to go. 

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

I will always choose to attend games in person over watching streams. Even if the teams I root for are out, I will typically travel to the best game in the area. Being in the Evansville area...The Jungle is the place to be tonight.

Also going to HH.

I work for a streaming company as well as having done radio for Linton 24 years... and ALWAYS preach it's better to be there in person... Noting like game night... and the kids deserve the support in person.  I definitely have seen a fall off in in person attendance at Linton with the Video Stream advancement....especially away games.... 

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Just wondering. The people on the GID, it seems to me, are more likely than the average fan to attend in-person as opposed to enjoying the game in the comforts of their home via some broadcast medium. I’d like to informally test that hypothesis. Who’s going out tonight vs. staying home to watch? Your thoughts on the issue?

For what it’s worth, I’ll be at Decatur Central tonight.

Should make for an interesting Semi-State game. It will be tough to beat the Hawks at Devere Fair Stadium.

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I will always choose to attend games in person over watching streams. Even if the teams I root for are out, I will typically travel to the best game in the area. Being in the Evansville area...The Jungle is the place to be tonight.

Absolutely!  Heading to the Jungle tonight with a couple of buddies.  Nothing like high school football and the weather is nearly perfect.  

As an owner of a streaming company, I still highly encourage everyone to attend the games.  The streaming is for people who can't attend.  Fortunately, I have been re-assured by Sheridan's AD that they have not seen a significant decline in attendance, since I started streaming around 5 years ago.  The relationship between myself and the school is absolutely a collaborative one.  

I do believe that making the Semi-State PPV will drive more fans to the games tonight, than would have otherwise attended.  So if that is the end game intent, well done.

If Cathedral was playing Center Grove tonight, I would have been in the stands.  I only missed one game this season and that was the long trip to Lexington, KY.  I much prefer being at a game than streaming it.  The players have a hard time hearing my instructions if I stay a home and stream.😉