Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week 3

Caston @ Triton- Trojans by whatever they want

Knox @ Culver- Knox Football Team by whatever they want

North Judson @ CMA- I think CMA wins this in the Jays first challenge of the season

Pioneer @ LaVille- Panthers in a close one if they play a clean game. If Pioneer comes out sloppy to start it could be over early.

Winamac @ North White- Winamac is historically bad so gonna have to go with the Vikings on this one.

Caston @ Triton- Caston has a few good athletes that impressed me but they still don't have a chance here. 35-14

Knox @ Culver-  Biggest lopsided game of the week. Knox looking forward to week 4 against the bluejays. 56-7

North Judson @ CMA- CMA looking for revenge and I don't know if Judson can win this one without 2 of their best players still out. Hope I'm wrong! 28-20

Pioneer @ LaVille- No idea on this one but Pioneer is trending in the right direction. 15-14

Winamac @ North White- Winamac does well against their old MWC foes. 27-6

2 hours ago, littledog said:

Caston @ Triton- Caston has a few good athletes that impressed me but they still don't have a chance here. 35-14

Knox @ Culver-  Biggest lopsided game of the week. Knox looking forward to week 4 against the bluejays. 56-7

North Judson @ CMA- CMA looking for revenge and I don't know if Judson can win this one without 2 of their best players still out. Hope I'm wrong! 28-20

Pioneer @ LaVille- No idea on this one but Pioneer is trending in the right direction. 15-14

Winamac @ North White- Winamac does well against their old MWC foes. 27-6

Which players are out for NJ?

Friday, Sep. 1
Caston at Triton ©, 7 pm
Knox at Culver ©, 7:30 pm
North Judson at Culver Academy, 7:30 pm
Pioneer at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at North White

Triton- not a good game

Knox- not a good game

Jays- I think they'll play hard against good team and get the W

Laville- Pioneer getting a lot better- just think too young and too many 2 way guys to get this one

N White- Winamac really struggling to move the ball and hasn't scored yet- I think they get on the board this week but not enough times to win this one- N White QB very good player- he'll give em fits

Caston at Triton

You have to give Caston some credit. They have got a lot of heart. Unfortunately, watching this Triton team, this will be a great game for them to brush up on their passing game and build the confidence they need to add another dimension to their game. Triton 44 Caston 7 

Knox at Culver

The Skins keep on rollin. I think Radke pulls the starters at half time with a running clock. Knox 54 Culver 0

NJSP at CMA 

I think my question about CMA right now is how good are the teams they played? Are Marian and Adams good? Even with Benson and Sanchez out right now, it seems the Jays are putting up about the same numbers they were last year. I think it will be a lot like LaVille vs Triton last week minus the free kick from the -48 because I am pretty sure that NJSP doesn't have a FG kicker. I am thinking that maybe the Jays sneak out with a win in this one. Jays 24 CMA 21

Pioneer at LV

Ok. Can we just put it out there now that Pioneer is the dark horse right now? Coach Berry has done something right for having a group of young guys step up. Correct me if I am wrong, but if Allen is in concussion protocol this week after taking a hard hit to the ground in the 4th against Triton, I would be concerned who takes his place as Allen is the workhorse. It will be interesting to see what happens, but believe this game will be closer than what people are expecting. LV 25 Pioneer 24

Winamac at North White

My biggest question is what is happening in Winamac right now? We all know that they cherish football, but it seems like things have fallen apart over the last couple of years. I know that they were going to have some fall off after their regional run, but honestly didn't think it would take this long to reload. I hope they can pull it together, but I think getting beat by their former MWC foe maybe the thing they need to put together some wins. Winamac 14 North White 35

Caston at Triton - The Trojans will have too much offensive firepower for the Comets to corral.  Another long night for Caston fans.  Triton 42-7

Knox at Culver - The Redskins will have too much offensive firepower for the Cavaliers to corral.  A long night for Culver fans.  Knox 42-0

North Judson at Culver Academy - I'm going with the Jays here.  It could be close, but I see Knox and North Judson meeting next week with a lot on the line, including undefeated regular season records.  North Judson 28-14

Pioneer at LaVille - Even though the Panthers are young, they remember the beatdowns their teams have received from the Lancers in the last two meetings.  The boys from Royal Center will be ready for some revenge.  I'm going with Pioneer and I'm not calling it an upset.  Pioneer 27-24

Winamac at North White - Winamac has a history of putting up a lot of points on the Vikings D.  But I think fortunes are reversed this year.  Winamac will get their first points of the season, but in a losing effort.  North White 28-13

Triton snd Knox will be on cruise control this week.

I like CMA to get the W over Jays. Jays lost a wealth of talent to graduation and have some injuries. CMA size may be too much for NJ as well. Good opponent to only help NJ down the road win or lose.

Baby-faced but hungry Panthers look to continue improvement. If they win, great, but the goal is to be hitting their stride week 10.  they should look to continue growth and develop some needed depth. Laville has another nice team with 4-yr starter at QB. Looks like they have some size as well. Laville RB looked on tv liked he was knocked out.  Hopefully, its nothing too serious and he is able to get back to form. I like these Panthers tho, mental and physical toughness are forged in games like this for young teams. 

Winamac starts quite a few seniors and I think they find some success against a 2-0 N White team. Can they score enough to pull out the W? I think so. 

On 8/28/2023 at 8:15 AM, FinePrint said:

Looks like there could be a couple of good games this week...

Friday, Sep. 1
Caston at Triton ©, 7 pm
Knox at Culver ©, 7:30 pm
North Judson at Culver Academy, 7:30 pm
Pioneer at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at North White, 7 pm

Triton gets passing game going 49-7

Knox too much for Culver 49-13

NJ without 2 best players,  I think Culver Academy pulls it out 24-20

If Laville running back isn’t playing, I’d give Pioneer a chance but I’m assuming he’s playing so Laville 28-12

Don’t know what is going on with Winamac,  but it’s not good!  North White 28-13

Quick question on Pioneer. Saw their offensive and defensive line is very young, made up of a lot of sophomores and a junior or two if I'm correct. Do they have any good young skilled position guys tho? QB is a sophomore too I think, but from what I've seen the two work horses in the backfield are both seniors. Do they have some young guys that will be ready to go when those young lineman start to really dominate as seniors?

On 8/29/2023 at 10:21 PM, Trojan67 said:

NJSP at CMA 

I am pretty sure that NJSP doesn't have a FG kicker. I am thinking that maybe the Jays sneak out with a win in this one. Jays 24 CMA 21

I had to chuckle at this - you're saying North Judson doesn't have a kicker, but you're predicting them to have 24 points? Are you thinking 3 TDs with 3 2-pt converstions?

56 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I had to chuckle at this - you're saying North Judson doesn't have a kicker, but you're predicting them to have 24 points? Are you thinking 3 TDs with 3 2-pt converstions?

The thing about math is that there are multiple ways of looking at things to get to your end result. I especially like story problems. So here is a story problem for you.

North Judson San Pierre has a football team. There are 40 players on the team. They play Culver Military Academy this Friday night. North Judson struggles kicking field goals and they are more likely to score on a 2 point conversion as statistics tell us that if you are 50% in 2 point conversions, you are 100% in field goals. Trojan67 predicted the Blue Jays will score 24 points in this game. In American Football, a touchdown is 6 points. How many touchdowns can the Blue Jays score to get to 24? How many touchdowns and 2 point conversions do they need to get to 24? How many safeties can they get if the Blue Jays dont score a touchdown? Please show your work for all the questions. 

Sorry, my sarcasm is running pretty thick today.

Edited by Trojan67
Clarification
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Quick question on Pioneer. Saw their offensive and defensive line is very young, made up of a lot of sophomores and a junior or two if I'm correct. Do they have any good young skilled position guys tho? QB is a sophomore too I think, but from what I've seen the two work horses in the backfield are both seniors. Do they have some young guys that will be ready to go when those young lineman start to really dominate as seniors?

Pioneers offensive workhorses are the qb and fb. Currently our young backs are both playing TE. One of our best jr high athletes last year starts at safety as a freshman and will be a solid back as he matures. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Pioneers offensive workhorses are the qb and fb. Currently our young backs are both playing TE. One of our best jr high athletes last year starts at safety as a freshman and will be a solid back as he matures. 

If the line is THAT good, you could throw the art teacher back there and she could get 5 yards a crack!!  Ha!!  Seriously though, things look bright for the next few years for the Panthers.  And with LaVille and Knox making their exit after this year, the path to the HNAC title is a lot easier.

Edited by FinePrint

Hard to believe we are at Week 3 already!

Great night for football.

Here's my two cents . . .  Keep the change!

Triton over Caston - Trojans get it done against the Comets.

Knox over Culver - Knox too much for the Cavs.

North Judson over CMA - It's tough when a couple of the top players are injured and can not contribute.  Time for next man up from the Blue Jays!

LaVille over Pioneer - Be careful what we assume.  Following a concussion, even if mild, doctor's will not release the athlete sooner than a week from the injury. In more than 75% of concussions, it takes 7 to 14 days, with an average of 10 days to recover.  With that in mind, I'm inclined to think that the young man from LaVille would be held out for his safety. With that being noted, other than the extra points and the safety, no one else has scored for LaVille this season. Let's see what the depth looks like on the LaVille side of the field.  On the other side, you have a young and improving group of Panthers. Watch out for more of the passing game from the LV QB. He's not been given the green light yet bec. the running game has been effective.  I mentioned this last week ... The champ is the champ until someone beats the champ.

North White over Winamac - The NW QB is tough.  I think he's the difference in this one.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Caston will win some games this year!  I was impressed with how physical they were and they have a couple very nice players.  Triton was up 17-0 with 7:00 to go in the 1st quarter and Caston outplayed the Trojans for the remainder of the game.  A very uninspired performance by Triton.  But credit the Comets.  They played hard.

CMA 26  N Judson 22 F

Good hard fought game. CMA scores the go ahead TD with less than a minute left in the game. If NJ QB could throw with better accuracy then they win this easily. CMA needs to clean up the penalties. Impressed with the NJ run game. The FB is a load to bring down. NJ run D is tough as well. Secondary needs some work but they will have a pretty good season and have to be the favorite in their sectional and should contend for the HNAC. Good luck the rest of the way Jays.