Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bloomington South 35 Martinsville 6 (final)

With the Arties concentrating on stopping South's running game which got 82 yards on the game, the Panthers took advantage with the passing game clicking with Jarrin Alley hitting 13 of 15 passes for 227 yards and three TDs, and he also scored two TDs on QB keepers. Martinsville's Shrake had a big game against BNL on the ground last week getting 410 on 41 carries, and I didn't get his final rushing totals tonight, but South did a good job on him and I doubt he had over 50 yards on the night. 

Bedford NL 14 Bloomington North 13 (3:30, 4th)

North has the ball right now in BNL territory. North scored last but missed the PAT to trail. Both teams have been turnover prone tonight and there have been six turnovers on the game - three turnovers each. 

10 minutes ago, ptr said:

Bloomington South 35 Martinsville 6 (final)

With the Arties concentrating on stopping South's running game which got 82 yards on the game, the Panthers took advantage with the passing game clicking with Jarrin Alley hitting 13 of 15 passes for 227 yards and three TDs, and he also scored two TDs on QB keepers. Martinsville's Shrake had a big game against BNL on the ground last week getting 410 on 41 carries, and I didn't get his final rushing totals tonight, but South did a good job on him and I doubt he had over 50 yards on the night. 

I have to make a correction on this. The Arties' Shrake had 210 yards on 41 carries last week and not 410 which was a typo I missed.

In what has to be the wildest game of the night, Westfield wins at Lawrence Central 59-58 in 2 OTs.

Too many highlights. Neither team could stop the other for most of the game. 

After Westfield took a 44-43 lead with just over 2 minutes to play, LC with a quick score and two point conversion to take a 51-44 lead Westfield looked to be looking at the loss, down to a 4th and 10 with little time left. However, they get the first down, down to the LC 3, then score on the last play of regulation. The PAT ties the game 51-51. I was surprised Coach Gilbert didn't go for two at that point, since both teams had to be gassed.  There were numerous injury timeouts for cramps by both teams throughout the game.

LC scored on their first play in OT. The PAT made it 58-51 LC  Westfield had a 4th and goal, got it in, this time went for the two point conversion. Got that, and  59-58 victory. 

Phew!

Edited by WestfieldRocks

Bloomington North 21 Bedford NL 14 (final)

Bloomington North scored on an 8-yard pass for a TD with 18 seconds left, and then went for two which was successful on a pass. BNL suffered a big loss when Cal Gates, their top RB, was hurt and left the field at the end of the game on crutches. This was BNL's second straight loss to start the season after leading going into the 4th qtr in both games. The Cougars avoided what would have been an upset. 

49 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

In what has to be the wildest game of the night, Westfield wins at Lawrence Central 59-58 in 2 OTs.

Too many highlights. Neither team could stop the other for most of the game. 

After Westfield took a 44-43 lead with just over 2 minutes to play, LC with a quick score and two point conversion to take a 51-44 lead Westfield looked to be looking at the loss, down to a 4th and 10 with little time left. However, they get the first down, down to the LC 3, then score on the last play of regulation. The PAT ties the game 51-51. I was surprised Coach Gilbert didn't go for two at that point, since both teams had to be gassed.  There were numerous injury timeouts for cramps by both teams throughout the game.

LC scored on their first play in OT. The PAT made it 58-51 LC  Westfield had a 4th and goal, got it in, this time went for the two point conversion. Got that, and  59-58 victory. 

Phew!

CORRECTION:  Just one overtime

9 hours ago, Grover said:

Center Grove 28

Oakland 10

Final

Oakland was #31 in the nation and had won 4 of the last 5 big school state championships in Tennessee.  Oakland's head coach was 111-7 entering tonight's game.

Nice bounce back win for the Trojans. Calpreps had Oakland (TN) at #248 in the nation. Oakland is definitely the top Public school in TN. Center Grove dominated them. There have been some that were down on CG after the St. Edward's loss with the exception of those like @Bobref who know how good the Eagles are. Calpreps has St. Ed's at #20 in the Nation and climbing for a reason. No shame in losing that and the Trojans definitely got a lot of things on film to work on early in the season.

I said it in another post the Trojans can go 4-1 in this 5 game stretch and at worst 3-2 which is impressive. I feel they will beat Moeller and Harvest Prep, the Trinity game is a toss up game that I favor Center Grove since it is a CG home game. The Trojans will be just fine and are definitely a 6A top 2 team (Both Ben Davis and Center Grove are very good).