Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 3

Even though week 2 isn’t over until tomorrow here’s the games. South Vermilions and Sullivan are finishing their game Monday 

Attica at Seegers 

Riverton Parkes at Fountain Centrals 

Covington at North Vermilions on Saturday 

The Woofs of Parke Heritage at South Vermilions on Saturday 

Seeger 56 Attica 12- Attica is much improved from a year ago but this week the patriots dominate the ramblers.

FC 26 RP 20- A really intriguing game and a competitive one at that RP got blasted last week will they come out flat or on fire only time will tell. This game will come down to who can get the most stops and i think FC is better on D.

NV 48 Cov 28- Tough loss last week for crabtree and the crew but played really competitive without white at QB. This is covington's week to prove they can play with top teams in the conference. Whoever plays better on defense will win this game NV is better up front and has more athletes.

Sv 56 Ph 7- This one won't be close SV basically did whatevr they wanted to West vigo and for three quarters WV played PH close its at SV barret won't ;et his crew take it easy on woofs after securing a potential upset win over the golden arrows.

Edited by GroundSquirrel
  • Like 1

Attica @ Seeger - Seeger wins

RP @ FC - RP took a beating against a really good Carroll team. I look for them to bounce back and go into FC fighting. FC is coming off a decent win against a bad Crawfordsville team. I think Herb will have his team more prepared so I'll take FC 28 - 20

Covington @ NV - Covington has surprised me so far this year. The new coach seems to have something decent going there. This will be their first sight of any really competition so far this year. I guess NV played last Friday without their qb but if he doesn't play on Friday it could be a dog fight. If the qb plays I'll take NV by two or three scores if he doesn't play I'll still take NV 22-14

PH @ SV - PH had a great win against West Vigo and SV will only have four days to prep for this game.... but I don't think that really matters. SV wins by as much as they want. 60-6

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WRC123 said:

Covington @ NV - Covington has surprised me so far this year. The new coach seems to have something decent going there. This will be their first sight of any really competition so far this year. I guess NV played last Friday without their qb but if he doesn't play on Friday it could be a dog fight. If the qb plays I'll take NV by two or three scores if he doesn't play I'll still take NV 22-14

White is playing Friday 

16 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Even though week 2 isn’t over until tomorrow here’s the games. South Vermilions and Sullivan are finishing their game Monday 

Attica at Seegers 

Riverton Parkes at Fountain Centrals 

Covington at North Vermilions on Saturday 

The Woofs of Parke Heritage at South Vermilions on Saturday 

The princess picks:

Attica at Seegers-- unfortunately Seeger will pull this out and it won't be close.

Riverton Parkes at Fountain Centrals-- Herbie shows no love for the Panthers and gets the W to avenge for the close loss last season. 

Covington at North Vermillions on Saturday-- Call me crazy but I'll go with Covington because why not?

The Woofs of Parke Heritage at South Vermillions on Saturday-- Visors are cool and I will make this prediction solely on that statement and nothing else.

Edited by royalf00tball
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 9:34 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Sullivan beat South Vermilions tonight 38-35 in OT 

Heart breaker for the Wild cats.  I am sure Barrett did not want to show much to all the Linton players in attendance at the game.  According to the Locals at Gerries italion restaurant on 9th street in clinton the Wild Cats will absolutely roll that Sectional with ease

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

Heart breaker for the Wild cats.  I am sure Barrett did not want to show much to all the Linton players in attendance at the game.  According to the Locals at Gerries italion restaurant on 9th street in clinton the Wild Cats will absolutely roll that Sectional with ease

They’re probably the 4th best team in their sectional and I’ll say it right to your face 

• Like 1

Week 3...

Attica @ Seeger - The Patriot offense exploded for 49 points last week. They may have that in the first half this week. Ramblers best chances for a Win might be behind them. Seeger 56-7

Riverton Parke @ Fountain Central - The Panthers were humbled last week by a team that should be playing after Thanksgiving. The Mustangs rebounded against a really bad Crawfordsville team. This one could go either way. I don't think RP is as bad as what people hope. I don't think FC is as good as what people hope either. RP 28-22

Covington @ North Vermillion - Saturday Night Football!!! New coach has the Trojans scoring lots of points. Falcons have some issues after a tough loss to Paris(IL). Another close one that could go either way. I'll take the visitors. Covington 35-28

Parke Heritage @ South Vermillion - Hopefully Saturday morning football is kinder to the boys from Clinton than Monday evening football. Tough loss against Sullivan. The Woolfs win at West Vigo wasn't as significant as some have been saying. Unfortunately, I think most WRC teams could beat the 3A Vikings this year. And I heard PH got banged up in the process. I don't think the Woolfs D-Line or Secondary can hold up. Wildcats roll during Little Italy Festival. SV 44-14

Since this week is the start of conference play who does everyone think will be WRC champs in October. My favorite is SV but I do see NV and Seeger giving the wildcats a run for their money. A dark horse for me are those mustangs I want to hear everyones opinion let em out.

Edited by GroundSquirrel

2 hours ago, GroundSquirrel said:

Since this week is the start of conference play who does everyone think will be WRC champs in October. My favorite is SV but I do see NV and Seeger giving the wildcats a run for their money. A dark horse for me are those mustangs I want to hear everyones opinion let em out.

I think SV runs away with conference this year. I don't think anyone can match them physically and athletically. I think Seeger and NV could be 2 or 3 but with the lose last week I have Seeger slightly ahead of NV. 4 through 6 could go anyway... I think FC is better coached than RP and Covington that's why I have them ahead. I think the three of them (FC/RP/Cov) could give any team in the conference a tough game on any given night. As for PH and Attica, they both seem be much improved from last year but just aren't quite there yet.

My predictions are 

SV

Seeger

NV

FC

RP/Covington

PH

Attica

Attica @ Seeger: Heard Seeger struggled to find their offense week one, but they have seem to found it last week putting up 49. I don't think this is the year that Attica gets their first win. Seeger 49-6

Riverton Parke @ Fountain Central: Herbie will have the Wild Ponies ready to roll. The panthers are coming off a tough loss to a really good Carrol team. Fountain Central is coming off a win against a mediocre Crawfordsville team. I just don't think the Mustangs will be able to take the ground and pound the Panthers have.  But also, can RP stop the Ponies from throwing the ball around? RP 28-16

Covington @ NV: New coach for the trojans and things are looking well for them. NV is coming off a tough loss to a decent Paris team. Was the loss because they didn't have White? Who knows. I don't think NV is that good.. Covington 28-22

Parke Heritage @ South Vermillion: I still don't think Parke Heritage is as good as everyone thinks they are going to be.. Heard practices are optional there. South Vermillion might run the conference in the WRC but how would they do back in the WIC?? If the visor call the game like they did the last 3 minutes of the Sullivan game the Woofs might have a chance.. South Vermillion 42-12

Attica at Seeger - Pops was a Patriot/Indian and mom was a Rambler.  That made me a deadly combination.  I'll take the Pats.

Riverton Parke at Fountain Central - Panthers were exposed by Carroll.  Mustangs gallop away with the win.

Covington at North Vermilion - I haven't been kind to the Trojans so far this year, so I'll pick them this week and they'll probably lose.

Parke Heritage at South Vermilion - the Wildcats are NOT the favorite in their sectional, except to their own fans, which they should be.  They are favorites over the Wolves.

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

Attica at Seeger - Pops was a Patriot/Indian and mom was a Rambler.  That made me a deadly combination.  I'll take the Pats.

Riverton Parke at Fountain Central - Panthers were exposed by Carroll.  Mustangs gallop away with the win.

Covington at North Vermilion - I haven't been kind to the Trojans so far this year, so I'll pick them this week and they'll probably lose.

Parke Heritage at South Vermilion - the Wildcats are NOT the favorite in their sectional, except to their own fans, which they should be.  They are favorites over the Wolves.

That’s borderline inbred, I swear to God it is 

• Haha 3

Back to make some picks for WRC action.......

Seeger will be able to name the score vs Rambler Nation - 61-6

Mustang Herbie will bring back an offensive formation/play from yesteryear to declaw the Panthers - 26-12

Falcons will solve the Trojan Complex in Cayuga - 34-14

C.....A.....T......S, CATS, CATS, CATS!           56-6