Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

On 9/12/2023 at 2:50 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

This week’s games (week 5):

BNL (2-2, 2-0 HHC) at Seymour (2-2, 2-1 HHC)

Floyd Central (3-1, 1-0 HHC) at Jeffersonville (0-4, 0-2 HHC)

New Albany (1-3, 1-1 HHC) at Columbus East (1-3, 1-1 HHC)

Madison (1-3) at Jennings County (2-2)

Note:

- Floyd Central received 4 votes in the media poll this week but none in the coaches poll. I believe they’re the only HHC team to receive votes in either poll this season so far.

Seymour

Floyd Central

Columbus East

Jennings County

• Thanks 1

Would love to see Jennings County win a few of these conference games at the end of their conference schedule and finish in that top 3 of the conference. Know this is Floyd's conference championship to lose at this point in the year, but wont be surprised if East surprises everyone and upsets the conference standings. 

Will be interested to see how long Seymour and JC are able to hold onto their coaches with their recent success. Schools always come calling. 

3 hours ago, RetiredCoach91 said:

Would love to see Jennings County win a few of these conference games at the end of their conference schedule and finish in that top 3 of the conference. Know this is Floyd's conference championship to lose at this point in the year, but wont be surprised if East surprises everyone and upsets the conference standings. 

Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen. East maybe gets to 3 wins if they’re lucky. They are very bad. As for Jennings County, they got very banged up the last two weeks. They might have two more wins at best as well.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Unfortunately, it’s not going to happen. East maybe gets to 3 wins if they’re lucky. They are very bad. As for Jennings County, they got very banged up the last two weeks. They might have two more wins at best as well.

It’s still a long way to go. I for one, am not ready to hand any trophies out. FC still has to play a pretty good BNL team at home. And a trip to Columbus that could be a trap game if they don’t come out sharp.

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

It’s still a long way to go. I for one, am not ready to hand any trophies out. FC still has to play a pretty good BNL team at home. And a trip to Columbus that could be a trap game if they don’t come out sharp.

I’ve been to three of East’s four games this season. They’ve got nothing for Floyd Central. This is as bad of a team as I can remember at East.

3 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I don’t know man, those late Stafford years…..

I hadn’t been to a high school football game until I was in the fifth grade (1999) and didn’t really know it existed until that point. So, when I say this year’s team is one of the worst I remember, it’s because I never saw the 1997 or 1998 teams. Lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I hadn’t been to a high school football game until I was in the fifth grade (1999) and didn’t really know it existed until that point. So, when I say this year’s team is one of the worst I remember, it’s because I never saw the 1997 or 1998 teams. Lol

As old as I am, everything that seems 2-3 years ago was in 1993…..😂

• Haha 2

Week 5 Picks

I don’t think these games are as easy to pick as some might think. Aside from the Floyd/Jeff game, I think the other three could go either way.

BNL/Seymour almost has that “irresistible force meets the immovable object” feel with BNL’s strong defense and Seymour’s high-powered offense. 

I haven’t seen New Albany play but I’ve seen Columbus East play in three of their four games. Can’t stop the pass. Can’t stop runs around the ends. And, offensively, cannot pass the ball consistently or accurately enough to be more than a vanilla, one-dimensional team. If Jennings County is healthy last week then they beat East. They were in that game last week, even with a backup QB who isn’t a passing threat, until the fourth quarter when all the injuries started piling up. If New Albany beat a banged up Jennings County team by 21 and East beat an even more banged up Jennings County team the next week by only 22 then I’m going with New Albany over East.

After the first couple weeks of the season, I thought Jennings County would absolutely demolish Madison. Jennings County beat South Dearborn 41-26 and Madison lost to South Dearborn 41-0. However, as previously stated, Jennings County has been decimated by injuries. Nevertheless, Madison hasn’t scored a single point against an Indiana team this season but did put up 34 last week against Carroll County (KY). The rivalry should have them motivated enough to put up points and possibly challenge for the win but I think Jennings County has enough pieces still healthy that they’ll be able to pull out a homecoming victory.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Week 5 Picks

I don’t think these games are as easy to pick as some might think. Aside from the Floyd/Jeff game, I think the other three could go either way.

BNL/Seymour almost has that “irresistible force meets the immovable object” feel with BNL’s strong defense and Seymour’s high-powered offense. 

I haven’t seen New Albany play but I’ve seen Columbus East play in three of their four games. Can’t stop the pass. Can’t stop runs around the ends. And, offensively, cannot pass the ball consistently or accurately enough to be more than a vanilla, one-dimensional team. If Jennings County is healthy last week then they beat East. They were in that game last week, even with a backup QB who isn’t a passing threat, until the fourth quarter when all the injuries started piling up. If New Albany beat a banged up Jennings County team by 21 and East beat an even more banged up Jennings County team the next week by only 22 then I’m going with New Albany over East.

After the first couple weeks of the season, I thought Jennings County would absolutely demolish Madison. Jennings County beat South Dearborn 41-26 and Madison lost to South Dearborn 41-0. However, as previously stated, Jennings County has been decimated by injuries. Nevertheless, Madison hasn’t scored a single point against an Indiana team this season but did put up 34 last week against Carroll County (KY). The rivalry should have them motivated enough to put up points and possibly challenge for the win but I think Jennings County has enough pieces still healthy that they’ll be able to pull out a homecoming victory.

Seymour/BNL appears to be a pick-em as does JC/Madison. I went with Seymour based on home field and the fact I think their passing game is legit. It’s tough to defend that many weapons. They don’t do anything fancy, but what they do they do very well, ultimately it comes down to Jimmies and Joes. Which leads me to JC, and I suspect JC has too many Jimmies and Joes standing on the sidelines in street clothes. 

• Like 1

Tonight is Columbus East’s first home game against an HHC team so I decided to go back and look at some stats about how they’ve done at home against HHC teams in the recent past.

-The home loss against New Albany in 2021 is the only home conference game East has lost in the last 20 years (Floyd Central - 2003). When counting postseason games, it’s the only home loss to an HHC team in 18 years (Seymour - 2005 sectional 1st round). 

-Since East’s rise to power in 2004, East is 67-2 at home against HHC teams (64-1 if only counting HHC games).

-Since 2000, East is 77-6 at home against HHC teams (74-5 if only counting HHC games). Two of the six losses are noted above. The other four were to Seymour in 2000 and 2002 and Floyd Central in 2001 and 2003.

-East hasn’t lost two home games in the same season against HHC teams since 1999 when they fell to Seymour and Madison.

-As for the other three HHC schools not mentioned, East hasn’t lost a home game to Jennings County or Jeffersonville since 1998 or to BNL since 1997.

I say all this because East plays New Albany, Floyd Central, and BNL at home this year and I think a lot of these streaks are going to come to an end.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

Dang @Frozen Tundra you are the harbinger of bad tidings for the orange flames.  Maybe your boys will surprise you tonight and catch a spark from former seasons?

Come over to North early, like 5:30pm and get some Colts swag.  The Colts cheerleaders and "players" (I figure it will be a couple retired guys as the team will be playing in Houston) are coming to our game to give the program a check for $1000.  They will be giving away some Colts swag and having drawings for some signed Colts memorabilia.  Also games, food and other fun stuff.  Free entry for first responders and military personnel to honor September 11th.

40 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Tonight is Columbus East’s first home game against an HHC team so I decided to go back and look at some stats about how they’ve done at home against HHC teams in the recent past.

-The home loss against New Albany in 2021 is the only home conference game East has lost in the last 20 years (Floyd Central - 2003). When counting postseason games, it’s the only home loss to an HHC team in 18 years (Seymour - 2005 sectional 1st round). 

-Since East’s rise to power in 2004, East is 67-2 at home against HHC teams (64-1 if only counting HHC games).

-Since 2000, East is 77-6 at home against HHC teams (74-5 if only counting HHC games). Two of the six losses are noted above. The other four were to Seymour in 2000 and 2002 and Floyd Central in 2001 and 2003.

-East hasn’t lost two home games in the same season against HHC teams since 1999 when they fell to Seymour and Madison.

-As for the other three HHC schools not mentioned, East hasn’t lost a home game to Jennings County or Jeffersonville since 1998 or to BNL since 1997.

I say all this because East plays New Albany, Floyd Central, and BNL at home this year and I think a lot of these streaks are going to come to an end.

If Floyd Central doesn’t win up there this year, I’m not sure when they will? 

• Like 1