Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 5

Back on my rant about the travesty thats happening on 41 North. After watching last week game VS Reitz minus Vera and maybe Oxley North had the next 8 better players. Hazelwood is amazing! The offensive line giants, the defensive box as good as I’ve seen from the player perspective. Yet they continue to lose. The play calling is bland and wasteful. I feel bad for those kids. They play really hard. They will beat the bottom half of siac just by talent alone. They have way too much talent for that to be enough. 

7 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Back on my rant about the travesty thats happening on 41 North. After watching last week game VS Reitz minus Vera and maybe Oxley North had the next 8 better players. Hazelwood is amazing! The offensive line giants, the defensive box as good as I’ve seen from the player perspective. Yet they continue to lose. The play calling is bland and wasteful. I feel bad for those kids. They play really hard. They will beat the bottom half of siac just by talent alone. They have way too much talent for that to be enough. 

I can only speak to the game I saw, which was against us on the Wk. 2 night when it was blistering hot. I thought our kids out-toughed North across the board. With the size and experience advantage North had against us up front, I really was expecting them to pound the ball against us, but they only had a little over 100 yards. The glaring issue I saw when they did not have success running the ball was a lack of a passing game (60yds total). North has 5 winnable games left, but each of the next 4 could be battles too (Bosse, MD, VL, Jasper). No matter what happens, the Sectional should be wide open..

On 9/8/2023 at 11:19 PM, AW0352 said:

The two games that stand out to me are Castle at VL and Jasper at MD.  

I agree. VL is tough at home. Can Hunt give Castle problems like Wagner did in Wk. 3? MD is getting better every week so I think they will give Jasper a run for their money. Reitz can pick the score against Central. Memorial should be able to take of their business against Harrison, but injuries could be an issue. It would not surprise me to see Bosse give North some problems, but the Bulldogs just give up too many points (50+/game in their 3 Ls) to beat most teams.  

MasseyRating:

Harrison at Memorial (-37), 100% chance of victory for the Tigers

Jasper (-3) at Mater Dei, 55% chance of victory for the Jasper Wildcats 

Castle (-18) at VL, 77% chance of victory for the Knights

Bosse at North (-26), 90% chance of victory for the Huskies 

Reitz (-37) at Central, 99% chance of victory for the Panthers 

Castle at Vincennes - GAME OF THE WEEK! Expecting a close game here. If the Alices want to be taken serious as a conference contender, this is the kind of game they need to win, especially at home. Ultimately I think the trio of Harris, Wells, and McCool will be too much. Knights win by 2 scores.

Bosse at North - close candidate for game of the week, I think the Bulldogs could make this a game. North has a solid defense so I don't think Bosse will score as much as usual. Huskies will be hungry to get back to a winning record at their home field. Huskies win by 2 scores.

Harrison at Memorial - I hear the Tigers may be without their QB, but it won't matter much at all. Tigers should be able to do whatever they want and get some other guys in there. Only question in this game, do the Warriors score? Tigers win with running clock.

Reitz at Central -  I hear the Panthers are returning some starters that have been out a while. Defense has been awesome but a great week for them to get the offense going more. Only question in this game, do the Bears score? Panthers win with a running clock. 

Jasper at Mater Dei - It's the Wildcat War! Another close candidate for game of the week, expecting a close game here. MD probably has some confidence after almost beating Memorial so I expect them to be right in it or even win. Either way, I think the Wildcats win this one. Jasper by 1 score.

Calpreps

Harrison at Memorial (-41), 99% chance of winning for the Tigers

Castle (-6) at VL, 62% chance of winning for the Knights

Jasper (-19) at Mater Dei, 88% chance of winning for the Jasper Wildcats 

Reitz (-58) at Central, 100% chance of winning for the Panthers 

Bosse at North (-16), 86% chance of winning for the Huskies 

5 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Calpreps

Harrison at Memorial (-41), 99% chance of winning for the Tigers

Castle (-6) at VL, 62% chance of winning for the Knights

Jasper (-19) at Mater Dei, 88% chance of winning for the Jasper Wildcats 

Reitz (-58) at Central, 100% chance of winning for the Panthers 

Bosse at North (-16), 86% chance of winning for the Huskies 

Memorial won't win by 41... It will be a dogfight..

MD will give the JCats a scare...

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

I generally like to pick the spreads...but JH, Calpreps, Massey have been all over the place this season.

Memorial over Harrison running clock

Jasper over MD by a score

Reitz over Central running clock

North over Bosse 2 scores

ALICES over the Knights in the friendly confines of Inman Field...take it to the bank

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

I generally like to pick the spreads...but JH, Calpreps, Massey have been all over the place this season.

Memorial over Harrison running clock

Jasper over MD by a score

Reitz over Central running clock

North over Bosse 2 scores

ALICES over the Knights in the friendly confines of Inman Field...take it to the bank

Friendly confines of Inman is one way to put it...LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Picks!

Reitz at Central

Give me the Panthers in a running clock for this. 

Harrison at Memorial

Could be an interesting game at first  depending on who plays for the Tigers tonight for HOCO. However, I’ll take the Tigers in this one by 3-4 scores. 

Bosse at North

Oh this is going to be one interesting game to tune into. North and Bosse are looking for bounce back games after losing last week. Can North’s defense stop Bosse’s High-powered offense and hold them. Or can the Bulldogs exploit some of North’s defensive weaknesses and snag one off of 41? I think I’m going to take the Huskies by 17 in this one in another high scoring matchup. 

Jasper at Mater Dei

Mater Dei really surprised me last week with their defense, it seems like they are slowly getting things together on that side of the ball. Offensively it wasn’t too pretty except for 1 drive. Jasper looked like they were going to get away from Bosse at the end of the 1H, but Bosse put up some big points in the 2H. However, Jasper did dropping 56 points on them. MD should have some juice in the battle of the Wildcats. But I’ll take Jasper by 10. 

Castle at VL

This should be an exciting matchup between the Alices and the Knights. Castle comes into the game with a really  good offense, as well as VL. However, both teams do struggle defensively at some points too. Strong feeling this game could be a high-scoring fest between the 2 teams. Can Castle stop VL’s elusive QB Hunt? Give me a close game, but Castle comes up top by 3. 

15 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Harrison at Memorial

Could be an interesting game at first  depending on who plays for the Tigers tonight for HOCO. However, I’ll take the Tigers in this one by 3-4 scores. 

If the QB is still banged up, who would you guess suits up behind center for the Tigers? One of their listed backups? Or maybe one of their skills guys like Schulz/Ellspermann?

Edited by Football Fanatic

27 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

If the QB is still banged up, who would you guess suits up behind center for the Tigers? One of their listed backups? Or maybe one of their skills guys like Schulz/Ellspermann?

I would assume one of the backups, probably Pedtke, but I can see some Wildcat formations too tonight.

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

I think Memorial may use more than 1 QB and also more wildcat formations than in previous week. Should be interesting.

On 9/14/2023 at 9:22 AM, Titan32 said:

Friendly confines of Inman is one way to put it...LOL.

One of my favorite high school moments was walking out of the visiting tunnel there as we were going out to start the game, middle school kids giving us the finger and adults yelling at us. Loved that atmosphere. Didn’t love brewer yelling at us and punching a hole through his hat after the game. 😆