300 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNorth Judson
  • High School:North Judson
  • Position:Fan

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

I know all the rumors that have been floating around I would like to hear everyones thoughts.

#2 Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

300 Post Club

• Booster 2013-14
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationValparaiso
  • High School:Rensselaer

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

My thought is just that, everything is a rumor until the official announcement drops. Until then, speculation gets us next to no where.

#3 Coach Nowlin

Coach Nowlin

MAYOR

• Athletic Director
  • 2,921 posts
  • LocationCrown Point IN
  • Position:Coach

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

correct, just leave names out of it if you have heard of candidates who have interviewed or this or that.   Its been our policy around here.   SOmetimes coaches inquiry without knowledge of the current spot and the worst of all and its happened already 5 times to my knowledge this off season is when the student athletes read the board ( and THEY DO) and they see their current coaches name attached to another job that is or may not be true. You can see the stickiness....

#4 Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

300 Post Club

• Booster 2013-14
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationValparaiso

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:43 AM

I will say i have the utmost confidence that the Blue Jays will get their man and continue to be a force in 2a football.  There is a very proud tradition at NJSP, and that is a program i have great respect for. Good luck Jays.

#5 bj 22

bj 22

300 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNorth Judson

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Very true but this is a perfect place for people to put there two cents in a fun harmless way its all for grins.

No names please

I understand they are very close to a announcement

#6 Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

300 Post Club

• Booster 2013-14
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationValparaiso

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

Sure we can talk about the Type of coach that would be a good fit for NJSP as long as we leave the names out of it.  I think the powers that be at NJ have a very clear picture of what they are after in a head ball coach, and of the future of that program. 

#7 Sycamore78

Sycamore78
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • High School:Unbiased Official

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

What Type of coach are the "powers that be" looking for at North Judson

#8 bj 22

bj 22

300 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNorth Judson

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

Im sure they will get it right.Understand the community is excited it has been a very long time since there has been a football coach search in NJ.

#9 Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

300 Post Club

• Booster 2013-14
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationValparaiso

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

What Type of coach are the "powers that be" looking for at North Judson

No idea.  I live in Valpo and cheer for RC ( and i'm not the "powers that be" at either location). Just knowing the commitment to success they have shown in the past, i'm sure they know what direction they would like to head in the future.  

#10 bj 22

bj 22

300 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNorth Judson

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:59 AM

I do know the players are ready to get there new coach and get to working bringing a sectional title back to NJ! Coach Nowlin how nice would it be to have a Bombers Bluejay title game the buzz around those two teams when they meet is great!

I have also heard from good sources that it is down to two canadiates.

#11 Coach Nowlin

Coach Nowlin

MAYOR

• Athletic Director
  • 2,921 posts
  • LocationCrown Point IN

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:31 AM

BUZZ is right!!  The 2000's were tremendous rivalry, I believe it was 18 times the two teams played in that decade and for a while it was every year twice a year!!!   Best part was, great, hard hitting contests without any BS.  Credit to the kids and staffs and communities who understand!!!   

Will this thread and the new coach hiring possibly bring back BLUE JAY DAWG????   Man I hope so!!! 

#12 bj 22

bj 22

300 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNorth Judson

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I have a feeling where gonna see that again! Maybe Bluejay Dawg will take the bait! I hope Winning is for the Birds chimes in!

#13 bj 22

bj 22

300 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNorth Judson

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Bottom line what ever coach takes over has alot to work with Sanchez Beckman Schultz Robbins Brown and Jachim are Seniors Pitts Leszek Tunis and Eckert are juniors all of them where starters last year.

#14 Coach Nowlin

Coach Nowlin

MAYOR

• Athletic Director
  • 2,921 posts
  • LocationCrown Point IN

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

In your opinion does being an Independent since the old NW Hoosier conference folded become an issue for any candidates?  

#15 Sheriff Andy

Sheriff Andy

600 Post Club

• Booster 2013-14
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationRoyal Center, IN
  • High School:Pioneer
  • Position:Alumni

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

correct, just leave names out of it if you have heard of candidates who have interviewed or this or that.   Its been our policy around here.   SOmetimes coaches inquiry without knowledge of the current spot and the worst of all and its happened already 5 times to my knowledge this off season is when the student athletes read the board ( and THEY DO) and they see their current coaches name attached to another job that is or may not be true. You can see the stickiness....

That's the worst part. I remember getting on here during my senior year, in the computer lab, and a freshman player was looking over my shoulder. He saw a thread titled "Quick to Clinton Central." He promptly made an account, had a few choice words on the thread, and was quickly banned from the site as well. Even small things, like naming a candidate for a job, before the coach tells his own players, can lead to some nasty stuff happening and potentially hurt the good name of a school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users