Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Eastern Greene???

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, ts32 said:

I think it's the other way around. The school board was elected to cause the problem. 😜

Seriously though, I never heard of any problems with the coaches/AD in question until this firestorm erupted.

And that's just it, I've never read, on GID anyway, about any sort of problem existing at all. Nobody complained last year when they went 6-4. Every team has that set of fans that a state championship every season is the only way to operate and that set of fans always complains about the program when a bunch of high school kids never live up to their expectations. That being said, I never remember reading a post from one of those fans either that would give way to there being a real issue.

What I'm getting at is I didn't see this coming either. Keep in mind, some people just want nothing more than to watch something burn. They think they are creating a Phoenix when all they are really creating is a rolling dumpster fire. Or there is no method to their madness than to make their mark on something/make a name for themselves, regardless of what they have to destroy and step on to make it happen.

That may be what that board could be all about. Other than my theory of internal problems they were elected to fix, the theory above could be it...

• 2 weeks later...
On February 27, 2019 at 11:04 AM, Miner_Pride said:

WOnder what they will do if they don't get any applications.  Altho.. I imagine someone will apply.  That would be a tough thing to walk into.

Any update on this situation? I would rather we not have to face them in the playoffs. Just wondering.

44 minutes ago, SenatorFan said:

Any update on this situation? I would rather we not have to face them in the playoffs. Just wondering.

Been pretty quiet... but I'm down in Vincennes.. so I don't hear scuttlebutt....if that's a word!  One thing for certain I think EG will be in somewhat a rebuilding year... losing a lot of good athletes over a 2 year span....but I was hoping they'd laid a solid foundation from the ground up.  In our meeting with them last year, they were without their QB Skinner...  They moved Campbell to QB, sorta like the Hamilton scenario of the prior year.. where Campbell ran most every play... but it proved unsuccessful again Linton.. so junior J C Lewis came on in the 4th....   and was 4 of 9 passing for 41 yards and a TD pass... also ran the ball very hard... able to get out of pressure. at 6'0 175.. he's got a little height and size... especially if he grows i nthe offseason.  Given that EG loses 9 of 12 offensive starters, and 10 of 11 on the D.... they'll have some holes to fill.

On 3/12/2019 at 4:45 PM, Miner_Pride said:

Been pretty quiet... but I'm down in Vincennes.. so I don't hear scuttlebutt....if that's a word!  One thing for certain I think EG will be in somewhat a rebuilding year... losing a lot of good athletes over a 2 year span....but I was hoping they'd laid a solid foundation from the ground up.  In our meeting with them last year, they were without their QB Skinner...  They moved Campbell to QB, sorta like the Hamilton scenario of the prior year.. where Campbell ran most every play... but it proved unsuccessful again Linton.. so junior J C Lewis came on in the 4th....   and was 4 of 9 passing for 41 yards and a TD pass... also ran the ball very hard... able to get out of pressure. at 6'0 175.. he's got a little height and size... especially if he grows i nthe offseason.  Given that EG loses 9 of 12 offensive starters, and 10 of 11 on the D.... they'll have some holes to fill.

That's what she said

• Haha 2

On 3/12/2019 at 4:45 PM, Miner_Pride said:

Best news as a WW fan I got wasnt about all the EG graduated (we did beat them last year) but a certain school wasnt in 1A. The name escapes me tho....🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

5 hours ago, WWFan said:

Best news as a WW fan I got wasnt about all the EG graduated (we did beat them last year) but a certain school wasnt in 1A. The name escapes me tho....🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂

yeah yeah... I get what you are saying LOL!  I know we are officially 2A size now...and have to move forward.  Both the 2017 and 2018 teams would have been a factor in southern 1A... the 17 team more so.. I would have loved a Linton rematch with EG in '17 and to see how we'd of stacked up with N.Central both years.  NOt to mention the senators!!  In my current research for Miner Football..I've been through the folder with all my old W W Info..... there have been some battles!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SoIndRef said:

Now there is a principal opening at EG....   Don't know if it is connected though.

It is and it isn't...the current EG principal applied for the principal's job at a neighboring school when that school's principal announced her retirement after 33 years, and he got the job...

On second thought, probably is some connection there...

On 2/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, bittergymteacher said:

I interviewed for this job last year and I was relieved when I got the call that they had offered it to someone else (Obviously Wray).  I was relieved because I was prepared to turn the job down if it were offered to me.  In the sit down interview alone, the committee mentioned 4-5 times how hard a couple of the board members are to get along with.  Then when we toured the building and facilities, the principal brought it up a few more times.  The problem with small schools going to state is that some of these small town board members don't understand that they made it to state that one year because they had the athletes to carry them.  Those athletes typically don't just regenerate at small schools unless you are allowed to recruit.  It sounds like unless there is a board member turnover, this is a job to avoid at all cost (That plus their weight room was an embarrassment!).  Which is sad for the players and community.  The people on the committee seemed like good people but these board members they talk about will ruin them.  

Not to beat a dead horse (but I will anyway 😜) but the principal who showed you around recently accepted the principal's job at another school in the county.

Your intuition was correct.

This is one of the most difficult situations I have seen.  Firings and resignations of multiple administrators obviously is extremely difficult for the students and teachers in that school corporation. 

I do not envy the people who take those positions and work with those individuals on the school board.  I will note there was a sharp drop in graduation rate from 2016-2017 (94.4%) to 2017-2018 (80.6%) per the IDOE Compass.  I fully admit I do not know the day to day happenings of the Eastern Greene Schools, but I have to wonder IF academics plays a role in any of this.  I doubt it, but I think it should be at least brought up

4 hours ago, JQWL said:

A shoe dropped yesterday that would be in line with what I was eluding to.

interesting...  time is ticking too.. I mean... most schools are having weight lifting and off season stuff...  I wonder how this is affecting the organizational side of things...  just being sure things are being done.. etc

On 4/5/2019 at 9:19 AM, JQWL said:

A shoe dropped yesterday that would be in line with what I was eluding to.

It is possible that the person you are referring to could be interested in the position available just a little north of their hometown. Just thinking outside the box.

22 hours ago, JQWL said:

No idea. I could always be wrong too. I was wrong once before so there is a precedence.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong about that.

• Haha 2