Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove at Cathedral

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

I saw Annie there at Starlight Musicals. I swear to God I did

I saw Jesus Christ Superstar there, with the original Broadway cast, for $5.  First row in the balcony, great seats!

I also saw The Everly Brothers and Johnny Mathis there, among others.  It was an outstanding venue!

• Like 2

@temptation The game, like the rest of Cathedral’s remaining home games, is being moved due to the problems with Arlington’s lights not working during their game vs Chatard. Apparently that was the last straw and Cathedral won’t play there anymore (unless it is a last resort. I’ve heard that they also have contacted UIndy about using their field. 

6 minutes ago, Just a dad said:

@temptation The game, like the rest of Cathedral’s remaining home games, is being moved due to the problems with Arlington’s lights not working during their game vs Chatard. Apparently that was the last straw and Cathedral won’t play there anymore (unless it is a last resort. I’ve heard that they also have contacted UIndy about using their field. 

About damn time.

6 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

The Home team, Cathedral.

Thanks, wasn't sure. North Side high school used to draw a line down the middle of the stands separating the fans. I believe they do the same when a game is played at St. Francis. It didn't look like there'd be ample seating on the visiting side for Center Grove. 

13 hours ago, BTF said:

Thanks, wasn't sure. North Side high school used to draw a line down the middle of the stands separating the fans. I believe they do the same when a game is played at St. Francis. It didn't look like there'd be ample seating on the visiting side for Center Grove. 

I am sure Cathedral will make space on the Home Side for CG fans. They have done that at U of I in the past.

On 9/28/2023 at 9:31 PM, Donnie Baker said:

I saw Annie there at Starlight Musicals. I swear to God I did

On my first coach’s visit to Butler in late May back in the day I pulled my ‘74 Firebird Esprit (same as Jim “Rockfish” Rockford’s but with a lot more unpainted “Bondo” patches) into the shared Hinkle/Starlight Musicals parking lot.   Fresh from the unnamed hills and hollers of southeast Indiana and not knowing my way around Indianapolis (or Butler), I walked into the open entrance to Starlight Musicals just before Noon…..Coach Lyons was waiting for me in his office on the main floor at Hinkle.  

As I walked in, I heard this smooth baritone voice coming from the stage.  There was a man singing and a woman playing a piano accompaniment.  It was only the 3 of us in the entire facility but I couldn’t quite make out just who the two were on stage.

Being curious, and fairly self-unaware at the time, I walked down to the foot of the stage like I owned the place to see some middle-aged lady playing the piano for Gomer Pyle…who was, somehow, out of uniform.

I assumed he was on leave since there was no evidence of Sgt. Carter to be seen.

Completely true story.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lysander said:

On my first coach’s visit to Butler in late May back in the day I pulled my ‘74 Firebird Esprit (same as Jim “Rockfish” Rockford’s but with a lot more unpainted “Bondo” patches) into the shared Hinkle/Starlight Musicals parking lot.   Fresh from the unnamed hills and hollers of southeast Indiana and not knowing my way around Indianapolis (or Butler), I walked into the open entrance to Starlight Musicals just before Noon…..Coach Lyons was waiting for me in his office on the main floor at Hinkle.  

As I walked in, I heard this smooth baritone voice coming from the stage.  There was a man singing and a woman playing a piano accompaniment.  It was only the 3 of us in the entire facility but I couldn’t quite make out just who the two were on stage.

Being curious, and fairly self-unaware at the time, I walked down to the foot of the stage like I owned the place to see some middle-aged lady playing the piano for Gomer Pyle…who was, somehow, out of uniform.

I assumed he was on leave since there was no evidence of Sgt. Carter to be seen.

Completely true story.

Gomer Pyle GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

On my first coach’s visit to Butler in late May back in the day I pulled my ‘74 Firebird Esprit (same as Jim “Rockfish” Rockford’s but with a lot more unpainted “Bondo” patches) into the shared Hinkle/Starlight Musicals parking lot.

You know he was "Rockford" in "Rockford Files", right?

4 hours ago, Staxawax said:

You know he was "Rockford" in "Rockford Files", right?

Gandolph “Gandy” Fish (Isaac Hayes) who served time with Rockford always referred to him as “Rockfish”.  Everyone else in the show called him “Jim”…..excepting Angel Martin (the brilliant and, sadly, recently deceased Stuart Margolin) who always called him “Jimmy”.

The Rockford Files is my favorite TV show of all time.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Gandolph “Gandy” Fish (Isaac Hayes) who served time with Rockford always referred to him as “Rockfish”.  Everyone else in the show called him “Jim”…..excepting Angel Martin (the brilliant and, sadly, recently deceased Stuart Margolin) who always called him “Jimmy”.

The Rockford Files is my favorite TV show of all time.

I can see that, it was a good show.... but for me, Gilligan's Island set the bar purty high !!!

I am actually a big fan of Arlington given the history over the years especially for the teams in the 70s and 80s that played there....Irish have historic traditions and history and like it or not Arlington is a big part of that.  Plus I am old school and think it is great to see games played there sandwiched in-between these huge high school stadiums that most small colleges would be jealous of.  The whole 'LightGate' fiasco at the Chatard game few weeks ago was little bizarre and very embarrassing.

Butler Bowl is a great venue, I think Cathedral last played there in 2017.  Yeah home side tons of room not so much on visitors side though.image.jpeg.6d3c9ae55f11df2bc066430b7f3a4bee.jpeg

On 9/29/2023 at 4:31 PM, BTF said:

Indy Howe HS used to only have stands on one side of the field. The other side backed up to a wooded area.

• Like 1