Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

Sectional is right around the corner. Seems this season has flown by.

MSC Sectionals 23 (4A) 32 (3A) and 39 (2A) and PLAC Sectionals 40 and 48 look fairly competitive.

What's everyone's thoughts at this point?

I'm not sure there is a clear favorite in either one except maybe East Central in 23. NH has the size and style to go head to head with Heritage Hills in 32 and Charlestown has yet to play to their full potential I believe. 39 looks to be shaping up as a rematch between Btown and Triton Central. Valley will likely have their hands full with Providence being the hot team in 48. Paoli has a good chance of moving out of 40. Would be great to representation from both conferences in regional this year and it looks as if that could be a possibility. 

Pairings happen Oct 8. Can be streamed on https://www.ihsaatv.org/

2 hours ago, cloudofdust said:

MSC Sectionals 23 (4A) 32 (3A) and 39 (2A) and PLAC Sectionals 40 and 48 look fairly competitive.

I'm not sure there is a clear favorite in either one except maybe East Central in 23. NH has the size and style to go head to head with Heritage Hills in 32 and Charlestown has yet to play to their full potential I believe. 39 looks to be shaping up as a rematch between Btown and Triton Central. Valley will likely have their hands full with Providence being the hot team in 48. Paoli has a good chance of moving out of 40. Would be great to representation from both conferences in regional this year and it looks as if that could be a possibility. 

I hope the assumed Valley/Providence game happens in Valley so I can watch. I dont know what to make of Valley. They look good. They have size. Good skill players. Multiple backs and a power back who can run over anyone once he gets downhill. They also are about to play their 3rd straight winless opp. They haven't been challenged much and the 1 time they got punched in the mouth they couldn't respond. Game against Perry in 2 weeks may tell more. They also just got starting QB back last week from a broken thumb suffered in offseason. He's been out all season minus couple handoffs against Salem in mop up duty. I can see them upsetting Providence. I can also see them getting taken behind the shed. 

Watching Jr high for PLAC and Valley 8th will go undefeated barring a collapse against paoli next week. They have a great RB and a really good QB and some size. Haven't had many close games at all. 7th grade is ok. Haven't got many games. 1-1 in full games 1-2 in games that were 2 Qs. 

Mitchell has some good kids. #4 is a good tough kid. QB has decent arm just needs work with accuracy. 7th grade lost thier best player from youth league. They will look to improve next year im sure. 

Perry is Perry. Size...power. not much speed that I saw. Lots of close games in the ones I've watched. 

WW 8th grade has struggled. They have better numbers and some good players. Not sure the kid playing QB is a QB in future. Xander McPheeters looks like he will be a good fit for Lowery. 7th grade has looked good. They have alot of speed on that team. 

Paoli has struggled from what I've seen. I will get them next week up close. There 6th grade group is currently best team in youth league. 

7 hours ago, cloudofdust said:

More than likely will be a three dog race between Btown, Triton, and Scecina in 39. Triton and Scecina both play in a conference that has some pretty tough 1A (cough cough, Indy Lutheran) and 2A competition.

Brownstown at Madison

Charlestown at Corydon

Eastern Pekin at Salem

Mitchell at Scottsburg (Look for this to be competitive. Varsity has won two in a row. JV has won three in a row. Once again, Kling has gotten these guys better throughout the season. First few weeks were tough to watch. Took a couple weeks for us things out after we lost Turner to injury. Hoping we can continue to build.)

Silver Creek at North Harrison

Paoli at Crawford County

Tecumseh at Springs Valley

West Washington at Perry Central

Bonus Game of the Week: Evansville Castle at Jasper

Brownstown at Madison

Charlestown at Corydon

Eastern Pekin at Salem

Mitchell at Scottsburg

Paoli at Crawford County

32 minutes ago, IUFAN said:

Brownstown at Madison

Charlestown at Corydon

Eastern Pekin at Salem

Mitchell at Scottsburg

Paoli at Crawford County

I'm going to copy these picks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WWFan said:

Pekin beats Salem for first time since 2011 22-21 on a blocked FG with no time left. So honest question if anyone knows if Salem beats WW does the county title just stay with WW? 

I feel like it should rest at H&R Bakery until a champion is true crowned.

Week 8 Match-Ups:

Crawford County at West Washington

Paoli at Mitchell

Perry Central at Springs Valley

Clarksville at North Harrison

Providence at Corydon

Salem at Charlestown

Scottsburg at Eastern Pekin

Silver Creek at Brownstown

Bonus Game of the Week

Southridge at North Posey

Edited by JQWL

Watching the last JV game of the year for me (Springs Valley vs Southridge C team) and I gotta say I'm impressed with what Lowe has done with this program in such short order. I've obviously watched a ton of SV over the years and maybe just being closer to the program (my kids go to SV) has made me see more but they definitely seem on right track for at least next 4 to 5 years. They have a slew of good backs and athletes in general coming up. They play fast and physical every play and never shy away from contact on either side of the ball. That wasn't always the case so good on the staff for really turning this program around. He took over a 1-8 team and went 9-2 first year and probably win sectional if not for the Conner Grimes injury. I'll be surprised if they don't win a sectional soon. 

Crawford County at West Washington

Paoli at Mitchell

Perry Central at Springs Valley

Clarksville at North Harrison

Providence at Corydon

Salem at Charlestown

Scottsburg at Eastern Pekin

Silver Creek at Brownstown

Bonus Game of the Week

Southridge at North Posey

Talk about a doozy trying to pick Southridge vs. NP. Look at common opponents: Tell City (SR 47-14, NP 35-0 ), Tecumseh (SR 63-0, NP 63-0), South Spencer (SR 42-7, NP 41-7). Heritage Hills is the only one off. SR lost at the beginning of the year to them 45-13 while NP lost to them two weeks ago 10-0. It should be a great game. I'll give the nod to NP at home but it could easily go either way