Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2023

Bobref

11 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Got a pretty good Louisville team to deal with this weekend. But it’s hard not to look ahead to our blood enemy.

image.thumb.png.77841157c066346dfe238a51bbb7344f.png

I'm out of likes for the day but I do LIKE this!  I hope the Irish can pay as much attention as is needed Saturday at Louisville.  It won't be a cakewalk.

Well, if you are going to fall, make sure it is a complete shit show. One player played well……the FG kicker. Outplayed and outcoached in every phase of the game

Other thoughts

Joe Alt’s stock dropped big time. The way he got pushed and tossed around is exactly what NFL DE’s will do. 

Number 8 Marist Liufau really stands out….and for all the wrong reasons. For 3 weeks I have seen him run into an o line when he blitzes, miss a LOT of tackles, and just does not read well. Several big runs tonight get beyond the 2nd level because he is out of position. The last TD run was a prime example….just ran into the pile and the RB ran right by where he had been. The 15 yard penalty on him was a killer penalty.

No adjustments to routes run with the constant pressure L’Ville brought all night.

Run the f’ing ball…and downhill. Why they abandoned the run so early is frustrating.

4th and 11 on your own 35? Are you kidding? 

Finally, the first interception of the game was a clear push off by the DB. You could clearly see Flores’ upper body move back with the push off. 

If that is called, it does not make a difference in this one

Congrats to Coach Brohm and his whole staff. Fantastic game plan and execution. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

Well, if you are going to fall, make sure it is a complete shit show. One player played well……the FG kicker. Outplayed and outcoached in every phase of the game

Other thoughts

Joe Alt’s stock dropped big time. The way he got pushed and tossed around is exactly what NFL DE’s will do. 

Number 8 Marist Liufau really stands out….and for all the wrong reasons. For 3 weeks I have seen him run into an o line when he blitzes, miss a LOT of tackles, and just does not read well. Several big runs tonight get beyond the 2nd level because he is out of position. The last TD run was a prime example….just ran into the pile and the RB ran right by where he had been. The 15 yard penalty on him was a killer penalty.

No adjustments to routes run with the constant pressure L’Ville brought all night.

Run the f’ing ball…and downhill. Why they abandoned the run so early is frustrating.

4th and 11 on your own 35? Are you kidding? 

Finally, the first interception of the game was a clear push off by the DB. You could clearly see Flores’ upper body move back with the push off. 

If that is called, it does not make a difference in this one

Congrats to Coach Brohm and his whole staff. Fantastic game plan and execution. 

All great points. The penalty by liafau was huge as was the one on Blake Fisher. Didn’t see a scenario where Louisville would be the more physical and dominate team on both lines and that’s what they were. 

My 3 observations from last night and last few games in general. Offensive line has underperformed big time, tackling on defense by linebackers and safeties has been atrocious, and probably because of the 2 the Irish are very bad on 3rd/4th and short, can’t seem to convert or get a stop when they need it.

Louisville was rocking last night. Jeff Brohm will be great there and will obviously get a ton of support. If his teams are going to consistently be that physical, and he’ll get athletes on offense, they could be very good for a long time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I don’t believe Marcus Freeman is long for this job.

For the first time, I may have to agree with you on this. I've never seen a coach concede at the 11:00 mark of the 4th quarter only down two scores. That's exactly what he did when he went for it on 4th & 11 at his own 35. 

Notre Dame will stand by his side, as they should. But he's just a couple more critical errors away from being on the hot seat. 

14 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

5 TO's ain't ever gonna win, especially when you're getting the crap knocked out of you!

So true....The Ville looked so much more agressive.  Alt getting run over by a DE and Hartman's bloody ear just keep flashing back to me.....

NIL and portal ruining the game.

Louisville brought in over 40 players. 

what did ND bring in? 3 or 4? 

I warned everyone ND is not the place for coaches to learn how to coach. Parker has no clue and his HC can’t help him.  Recipe for disaster. 

ND’s arrogance in the hiring process always seems to bite them in the ass. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

In over his head.  4 loss season forthcoming.

Said that last year when they played not to get blown out at Ohio State. His emotions on the sideline rival a 14 year old girl and he is responsible for some of the worst in-game coaching decisions I've seen. At least Mario Cristobal let him off the hook for a little bit. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Said that last year when they played not to get blown out at Ohio State. His emotions on the sideline rival a 14 year old girl and he is responsible for some of the worst in-game coaching decisions I've seen. At least Mario Cristobal let him off the hook for a little bit. 

For a minute, forgot this was a ND thread, and thought you were talking about Tom Allen.......

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

So I will ask this again,  Who Ranks the Rankers?   

Who is the 5* "chosen one"? Buchner? Buchner wasn't a 5* nor was he ever "benched". Milroe won the job out of camp. Ty Simpson is a redshirt-Freshman former 5* who backs up Milroe now. Buchner is 3rd string with two highly touted true freshman behind him redshirting. 

Edited by Footballking16

Bobref

• BobrefGrand Master
  • Booster 2023-24
  • Munster
  •  
  • Author
  •  

The Chosen One is already turning heads under the Dome.

https://allfans.co/notre-dame-qb-tyler-buchner-showed-off-his-immense-potential-this-spring/

Notre Dame QB Tyler Buchner Showed Off His Immense Potential This Spring

Notre Dame freshman quarterback Tyler Buchner has been on campus for just five months, but he seems to have been part of the program for much longer than that. The hype around Buchner started over two years ago when he committed to Notre Dame on March 8, 2019.

Since that time Buchner had a monster junior season in which he threw for over 4,400 yards, rushed for over 1,600 yards and racked up over 80 combined touchdowns as a junior. That was followed by an odd decision to alter this throwing motion, his senior season was canceled due to Covid-19 and Buchner's star faded a bit according to the recruiting services.

That didn't tamper down expectations for Notre Dame fans, who still view Buchner as the future at quarterback. We finally got to see him in action this spring, and Buchner did nothing but raise expectations by flashing his immense potential and talent.

Buchner's throwing motion is still a bit of a work in progress, and it caused some inconsistency with his deep ball, but when his arm slot was good the first-year standout showed off the ability to power the ball down the field and make accurate intermediate throws.

Buchner didn't get much of a chance to show off his running ability in the Blue-Gold Game, but we did see a few flashes of it this spring. Considering how important that is to his game, it's encouraging to see Buchner perform so well without being able to use one of his best assets. 

He still needs a lot of work from a grasp of the offense and decision-making standpoint, but Buchner had an outstanding first semester at quarterback for the Irish.

At the very least he performed well enough to put himself in position to earn a situational role in the fall.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

We passing out real names now?

FIXED

And for the record, Mr. Bob Ref has been open to the many PREVIOUS years of his existence and the MANY times he has signed his name, but yes, it was an oversight, appreciate you being involved in the GID oversight committee.   Cheers