Passing: 78.6 YPG/ 61.2 CP%/ 19.2 YPC
Rushing: 277.7 YPG/ 8.2 YPC
Defense: 7.4 PPG
Total Yards: 154.5 YPG
Passing: 39 YPG/ 45.6 CP%/ 8.7 YPC
Rushing: 115.5 YPG/ 3.71 YPC
*2 games not included in D stats 

Preview
Knocking off Tell City last week, Mater Dei feels a little rejuvenated after a big win to start the postseason. However, the Wildcats will face their toughest opponent yet in the sectional against North Posey. As the Vikings are hoping to beat the Wildcats at the Reitz Bowl and for the first time ever in school history. Due to Mater Dei leading the all-time series 18-0 since the 1980s. Should be quite an interesting matchup on Friday! 

Vincennes Lincoln (7-3) (6-3 SIAC) 

Offense: 27.3 PPG
Total Yards: 312.5 YPG
Passing: 93.6 YPG/ 56.5 CP%/ 13.37 YPC
Rushing: 218.9 YPG/ 6.69 YPC
Defense: 14.4 PPG
Total Yards: 294.6 YPG
Passing: 122.2 YPG/ 54.5 CP%/ 10.62 YPC
Rushing: 172.1 YPG/ 5.12 YPC 

Pike Central (2-8) (1-5 PAC-Small)
Offense: 12.1 PPG
Total Yards: 187.2 YPG
Passing: 108.6 YPG/ 55.5 CP%/ 12.6 YPC
Rushing: 78.6 YPG/ 3.5 YPC
Defense: 40.3 PPG
Total Yards: 383.2 YPG
Passing: 93.9 YPG/ 61.7 CP%/ 12.69 YPC
Rushing: 289.3 YPG/ 10.05 YPC 

Preview 

With the return of their QB, the Alices cruised their way shutting out Owen Valley, 54-0 and advancing on in their sectional. As the Alices are eyeing a rematch against Gibson Southern in the championship. While having their best season yet in the SIAC, on the other side of the ball Pike Central got a gritty win over Princeton in the first round, but has struggled throughout the season. Pike Central heads SR-61 to face the Alices. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, littleviking75 said:

This is the year!

A really solid group from north posey will prove that mater dei playing a "tough" SIAC schedule means nothing when they have inferior talent at every level. 

North posey has a big o line who can push almost anyone around. Their rushing attack is so dominant on every level- I would bet mater dei has not seen anyone run as hard as Galvin and Stone.

Defensively, held 1 loss Heritage hills who averages 40+ points per game to 10 points. Strong at every level, pass defense is much improved from last season.

mater dei looks soft on the games I have seen on the news. The Vikings will hit every play.

Been looking forward to seeing this team beat mater dei since they started coming together 2 year ago, and really been looking forward to a Poseyville win since 2012!

This is the year!

MD has seen better than NP, most recently 2 weeks ago when they had Reitz against the ropes. Should be a good game though.

23 hours ago, FootballFan2000 said:

I’m sorry. But I have to dispute this. These haven’t been updated since post week 7 so forgive me but Rode’s name is not on either of these lists so how exactly is he “easy” RB1 choice for all-city team? 

IMG_1524.jpeg

look at the games played, look at the numbers

25 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

look at the games played, look at the numbers

Ok. Now I know this is a joke. But just for fun, I did “look at the games played” and I did “look at the numbers”

here they are for you to look at too. 

picture 1: Northington from North

picture 2: Rode from Memorial

IMG_1529.jpeg

IMG_1528.jpeg

Edited by FootballFan2000

16 hours ago, littleviking75 said:

This is the year!

A really solid group from north posey will prove that mater dei playing a "tough" SIAC schedule means nothing when they have inferior talent at every level. 

North posey has a big o line who can push almost anyone around. Their rushing attack is so dominant on every level- I would bet mater dei has not seen anyone run as hard as Galvin and Stone.

Defensively, held 1 loss Heritage hills who averages 40+ points per game to 10 points. Strong at every level, pass defense is much improved from last season.

mater dei looks soft on the games I have seen on the news. The Vikings will hit every play.

Been looking forward to seeing this team beat mater dei since they started coming together 2 year ago, and really been looking forward to a Poseyville win since 2012!

This is the year!

Every year there is a newbie poster with a similar post.  Welcome to the GID, "littleviking75". 

This could certainly be "the year", NP looks to have a really good team and MD is down a bit.  " I would bet mater dei has not seen anyone run as hard as Galvin and Stone." - Well, MD faced a pretty good running duo last week in the Terry twins; both 6'  2 ", 185 lbs & they play football like wrestlers with pads.  Very hard to bring down.  MD bent to the tune of 270 yds but never broke and managed to put up enough pts to win. If NP's running game is that much better than TC's, the Wildcats are in for a long night.  

Hopefully our "soft" and "inferior talent at every level" can find a way to stay close.  Last week, having their kicker Marx back was HUGE.  MD kicked 3 FGs in situations where they had to go for it on 4th and long most of the year.  This proved to be the difference as MD prevailed 30 - 27.  But hey, thanks for the bulletin board material.  Certainly you will post again if the Vikings win but curious if we will ever see you again if they don't... 

The bandwagon business is booming in So. Indiana. The new ones have almost unlimited expandable seating but, oddly, no seatbelts, allowing riders a quick, easy escape when the ride ends.  Hopefully they used Amish craftsman as they are really the only ones who still know how to build a proper wagon these days.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Mater Dei (3-7) (3-7 SIAC) 

Offense: 19.3 PPG
Total yards: 253.8 YPG
Passing: 108.4 YPG/ 53.5 CP%/ 10.45 YPC
Rushing: 145.4 YPG/ 4.2 YPC 
*2 Games not included in O stats
Defense: 26 PPG
Total yards: 327 YPG
Passing: 140.6 YPG/ 60.1 CP%/ 15.8 YPC
Rushing: 186.4 YPG/ 5.84 YPC 

North Posey (9-1) (6-0 PAC-Small)
Offense: 40.7 PPG
Total Yards: 356.3 YPG
Passing: 78.6 YPG/ 61.2 CP%/ 19.2 YPC
Rushing: 277.7 YPG/ 8.2 YPC
Defense: 7.4 PPG
Total Yards: 154.5 YPG
Passing: 39 YPG/ 45.6 CP%/ 8.7 YPC
Rushing: 115.5 YPG/ 3.71 YPC

Preview
Knocking off Tell City last week, Mater Dei feels a little rejuvenated after a big win to start the postseason. However, the Wildcats will face their toughest opponent yet in the sectional against North Posey. As the Vikings are hoping to beat the Wildcats at the Reitz Bowl and for the first time ever in school history. Due to Mater Dei leading the all-time series 18-0 since the 1980s. Should be quite an interesting matchup on Friday! 

Definitely will be keeping an eye on this one!!!  

4 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

Definitely will be keeping an eye on this one!!!  

Hello Miner Pride - GREAT To see you post. Are you still doing the play by play for Miner games?  Always enjoyed your commentary, even when playing against you.  Hope all is well with you.  Haven't followed the Miners much this year but wish you & them the best of luck. 

Edited by MDAlum82
content

12 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Every year there is a newbie poster with a similar post.  Welcome to the GID, "littleviking75". 

This could certainly be "the year", NP looks to have a really good team and MD is down a bit.  " I would bet mater dei has not seen anyone run as hard as Galvin and Stone." - Well, MD faced a pretty good running duo last week in the Terry twins; both 6'  2 ", 185 lbs & they play football like wrestlers with pads.  Very hard to bring down.  MD bent to the tune of 270 yds but never broke and managed to put up enough pts to win. If NP's running game is that much better than TC's, the Wildcats are in for a long night.  

Hopefully our "soft" and "inferior talent at every level" can find a way to stay close.  Last week, having their kicker Marx back was HUGE.  MD kicked 3 FGs in situations where they had to go for it on 4th and long most of the year.  This proved to be the difference as MD prevailed 30 - 27.  But hey, thanks for the bulletin board material.  Certainly you will post again if the Vikings win but curious if we will ever see you again if they don't... 

The bandwagon business is booming in So. Indiana. The new ones have almost unlimited expandable seating but, oddly, no seatbelts, allowing riders a quick, easy escape when the ride ends.  Hopefully they used Amish craftsman as they are really the only ones who still know how to build a proper wagon these days.  

It's best to keep mouth shut and let the action on the field do talking...  Mater Dei plays a schedule that most 2A schools would suffer some L's....  We, at Linton, definitely understand this.  We've had what I'd consider, some very good teams face MD... unfortunately MD was better... I think only 1 year did we really have a game... most the time we got down so quick the game was over.  Especially at the Reitz Bowl.  Bad memories...  Naturally I pull for the Vikings to move on, but it won't surprise me if it doesn't happen.   I have mucho respect for the MD program, I wish we could have gotten past them in these past years but damn if we could do it.  Still is the goal obviously.  But certainly kicking the bear isn't wise!   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miner_Pride said:

It's best to keep mouth shut and let the action on the field do talking...  Mater Dei plays a schedule that most 2A schools would suffer some L's....  We, at Linton, definitely understand this.  We've had what I'd consider, some very good teams face MD... unfortunately MD was better... I think only 1 year did we really have a game... most the time we got down so quick the game was over.  Especially at the Reitz Bowl.  Bad memories...  Naturally I pull for the Vikings to move on, but it won't surprise me if it doesn't happen.   I have mucho respect for the MD program, I wish we could have gotten past them in these past years but damn if we could do it.  Still is the goal obviously.  But certainly kicking the bear isn't wise!   

As you know well, Miner Pride, it is ok to pick your team to win - even against MD! 8 - )  We are all fans here and want our team to win.  But, HOW YOU DO IT and the WORDS you use make a difference.  Show some class & respect the other team.  SUPPORT YOUR TEAM and avoid negative comments about your opponent and most will respect your posts...  not everyone understands that, unfortunately.  I have been hearing all year from NP friends  how "this is the year" and it may well be.   "Soft" MD will still show up with all of its "inferior talent" and we see what happens... 

As always, I hope for a well-played and injury free game.  & safe travels to all venturing out to the Bowl tomorrow night. 

Go Wildcats!  😼

9 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Hello Miner Pride - GREAT To see you post. Are you still doing the play by play for Miner games?  Always enjoyed your commentary, even when playing against you.  Hope all is well with you.  Haven't followed the Miners much this year but wish you & them the best of luck. 

Yes indeed but I moved to Rader Media Sports.... Kevin Rader was my play by play guy the last couple years at WQTY. He and his wife went to the Board at Linton and became the Voice of the Miners... all things video streamed home and away (where allowed)... partners with IHSAATV and HUDL...  football, basketball, volleyball, baseball....  So while I hated to leave Media Five ... and radio (this is my 24th year)... I think the future is video streaming...what I fear is that each school is going to have their own Streaming... and won't let the visiting team do it.... it's already happening.  And I suppose I understand it.. especially if they are charging.  We don't.  Rader Media really spotlight the kids in the school. .academic, clubs, fund-raising... they've really done an outstanding job... and give 30% of profit back to school programs.  

Linton has lost once this year-- Monrovia in D.O.T.   played that game without a kicker... now we have one... we would have won that game.  But... it's never about 1 play. Monrovia is a tough hard nosed team...much like my Miners.   We are the same as always... Gennicks graduating and a great senior class had people thinking it would be a down year...  picked up a couple games (western 4A, St. Teresa--defending 2A Illinois state Champs)... but still nothing like playing Reitz, Memorial, Castle etc...   We are solid on D, but as always....haven't seen a really good passing offense such as MD always had when we met up... Greencastle this week has a freshman QB with nearly 2500 pass yards 32 TD...so this may be it.  We are as always a multi back system... QB runs... soph Oliver 800+  WB's with 700+ and 500+ so...typical Miner numbers.  We are sophomore heavy which bodes well for the coming years barring injury.   5-6 seniors this year in starting roles.   

7 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

Yes indeed but I moved to Rader Media Sports.... Kevin Rader was my play by play guy the last couple years at WQTY. He and his wife went to the Board at Linton and became the Voice of the Miners... all things video streamed home and away (where allowed)... partners with IHSAATV and HUDL...  football, basketball, volleyball, baseball....  So while I hated to leave Media Five ... and radio (this is my 24th year)... I think the future is video streaming...what I fear is that each school is going to have their own Streaming... and won't let the visiting team do it.... it's already happening.  And I suppose I understand it.. especially if they are charging.  We don't.  Rader Media really spotlight the kids in the school. .academic, clubs, fund-raising... they've really done an outstanding job... and give 30% of profit back to school programs.  

Linton has lost once this year-- Monrovia in D.O.T.   played that game without a kicker... now we have one... we would have won that game.  But... it's never about 1 play. Monrovia is a tough hard nosed team...much like my Miners.   We are the same as always... Gennicks graduating and a great senior class had people thinking it would be a down year...  picked up a couple games (western 4A, St. Teresa--defending 2A Illinois state Champs)... but still nothing like playing Reitz, Memorial, Castle etc...   We are solid on D, but as always....haven't seen a really good passing offense such as MD always had when we met up... Greencastle this week has a freshman QB with nearly 2500 pass yards 32 TD...so this may be it.  We are as always a multi back system... QB runs... soph Oliver 800+  WB's with 700+ and 500+ so...typical Miner numbers.  We are sophomore heavy which bodes well for the coming years barring injury.   5-6 seniors this year in starting roles.   

It is always "reload" in Miner country, rarely does a team with that much history have to re-load.   Every kid in the area dreams of being a Miner!  Best of luck vs GC.  

17 hours ago, littleviking75 said:

This is the year!

This is the year!

Oh boy...so the excitement for your guys is definitely warranted. NP has proven themselves for sure and are very much a threat to MD. They've got the talent and experience capable of winning. 

But I don't get your assessment of MD coming off as soft, when in fact they are very battle tested. This was one of the more well rounded seasons for the SIAC with 8 really good teams. The Wildcats were put through the meat grinder.  So if the 3-7 record seems "soft" I suggest you reconsider your stance. 

Don't get me wrong, I won't be shocked if NP wins. But it sure isn't going to be a picnic. The Bowl tends to favor the home team come postseason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrayingPanther said:

I noticed that the North and Memorial games are on IHSAATV.  Does anyone know if someone is broadcasting (radio or streaming) the other SIAC games?

All our games are on Indiana SRN. Except the game at Reitz when Reitz wouldn't let SRN use the hard wire internet and the wifi apparently isn't strong enough at the Bowl to run the stream. 

21 minutes ago, tango said:

All our games are on Indiana SRN. Except the game at Reitz when Reitz wouldn't let SRN use the hard wire internet and the wifi apparently isn't strong enough at the Bowl to run the stream. 

Unfortunate,  esp in light of the weather that night and the resultant sparse attendance.   Many fans would have surely tuned it to watch.  Was there a specific reason they would not allow access?  It seems oddly petty but maybe there is a reasonable explanation.  

12 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Unfortunate,  esp in light of the weather that night and the resultant sparse attendance.   Many fans would have surely tuned it to watch.  Was there a specific reason they would not allow access?  It seems oddly petty but maybe there is a reasonable explanation.  

No, there isn't a good reason... Pre-production cleared the requirements with Reitz admin, but when SRN arrived on game day to set up they had given both camera spots to WTTV and would not allow access to the hardwire.  Now, in hindsight, maybe it was better it wasn't world-wide 'cause we got curb-stomped... LOL

You can catch all the Evansville Reitz vs BNL action this Friday Night on 1340 WBIW or 105.5 WQRK! We will also have our radio broadcast streaming on our websites for those outside of the listening area. Visit wbiw.com/listen-live/ or wqrk.com/listen-live/ our pregame show will begin 15 minutes before kickoff. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, swcgillespie said:

You can catch all the Evansville Reitz vs BNL action this Friday Night on 1340 WBIW or 105.5 WQRK! We will also have our radio broadcast streaming on our websites for those outside of the listening area. Visit wbiw.com/listen-live/ or wqrk.com/listen-live/ our pregame show will begin 15 minutes before kickoff. 

That’s good news.  Some much better than watching North or Memorial streaming, and flipping through the Evansville Courier & Press for a score update - lol.

9 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

As you know well, Miner Pride, it is ok to pick your team to win - even against MD! 8 - )  We are all fans here and want our team to win.  But, HOW YOU DO IT and the WORDS you use make a difference.  Show some class & respect the other team.  SUPPORT YOUR TEAM and avoid negative comments about your opponent and most will respect your posts...  not everyone understands that, unfortunately.  I have been hearing all year from NP friends  how "this is the year" and it may well be.   "Soft" MD will still show up with all of its "inferior talent" and we see what happens... 

As always, I hope for a well-played and injury free game.  & safe travels to all venturing out to the Bowl tomorrow night. 

Go Wildcats!  😼

I dont think I said anything that wasn't obvious. 

Give me the vikings 41-10, 41-3 before the clock starts running.

OUR year.

9 minutes ago, littleviking75 said:

I dont think I said anything that wasn't obvious. 

Give me the vikings 41-10, 41-3 before the clock starts running.

OUR year.

Ok, ok.  The glove has been tossed.  Challenge accepted.  Apparently your opinion is not as "obvious" to others, especially those who have actually seen & competed with MD on the field and not the late night news sports report.  Maybe you should gave stopped your post at "I dont think..." and left it at that.

"But I don't get your assessment of MD coming off as soft, when in fact they are very battle tested. This was one of the more well rounded seasons for the SIAC with 8 really good teams. The Wildcats were put through the meat grinder.  So if the 3-7 record seems "soft" I suggest you reconsider your stance.  - Alices fan, Seal_63

As for MD having "inferior talent at every level".  Well, assume by "level" you actually meant "position" but maybe this is your assessment of JV, Frosh and Cub rolled into one insult.  Who knows, who cares...the game will be decided on the field, not in this chat so we will have to see.  fwiw, I'll take any action you want to place on the 41 - 10 score. 

Bedford North Lawrence (7-3) (5-1 HHC)
Offense: 33.0 PPG
Total Yards: 319.5 YPG
Passing: 120.3 YPG/ 44.8 CP%/ 15.4 YPC
Rushing: 199.2 YPG/ 6.6 YPC
Defense: 17.4 PPG
Total yards: 325.9 YPG
Passing: 163.4 YPG/ 51.8 CP%/ 13.61 YPC
Rushing: 141.6 YPG/ 4.01 YPC

Reitz (10-0) (9-1 SIAC)
Offense: 34.7
Total Yards: 362.6 YPG
Passing: 167.0 YPG/ 65.0 CP%/ 14.52 YPG
Rushing: 195.6 YPG/ 5.64 YPC
Defense: 7.5 YPG
Total Yards: 202.9 YPG
Passing: 105.6 YPG/ 42.8 CP%/ 13.2 YPC
Rushing: 97.3 YPG/ 3.01 YPC 
Preview
Coming off back-to-back undefeated SIAC champions, Reitz is looking to make a statement in the postseason after last year’s early exit. Which they avenged their loss last year by beating Boonville, 24-0. Reitz is looking for their first sectional title since 2016 and will head up to Bedford to face the BNL Stars. Speaking of BNL, they are the newcomer to this sectional after they were redrawn before the season began. But for the Stars, they are having a successful season so far and were a few plays away from being potentially undefeated. This will be an interesting matchup between the two teams. BNL is looking for their first win ever against the Panthers, as Reitz leads the series 4-0.