Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

On 10/13/2023 at 9:26 PM, Fkfootball said:

IMG_0261.jpeg

FC just picked up one of the best strength coaches around. Used to make monsters at East and since he left they’ve really fallen behind. He was just at a small 3A school called Heritage Hills, was there working with those kids and after a couple years got their football dudes turned around and got them to state. Their record boards were off the charts for a 3A team. I met him at parent teacher conferences.. he knows what’s up.  I have a great feeling about what’s happening behind the scenes now with FC Athletics. Hope the buy in comes back and we continue to grow. Football dudes already looking better in the short time he’s been working with them. 

2 minutes ago, FCFBFanatic said:

FC just picked up one of the best strength coaches around. Used to make monsters at East and since he left they’ve really fallen behind. He was just at a small 3A school called Heritage Hills, was there working with those kids and after a couple years got their football dudes turned around and got them to state. Their record boards were off the charts for a 3A team. I met him at parent teacher conferences.. he knows what’s up.  I have a great feeling about what’s happening behind the scenes now with FC Athletics. Hope the buy in comes back and we continue to grow. Football dudes already looking better in the short time he’s been working with them. 

So if I’m understanding this correctly, you believe there was a little 3A school called Heritage Hills and this strength coach pumped them into a state caliber team….and all of this happened in the last few years? Is that about the gist of it?

• Haha 2

3A schools are small or do you disagree? Foundations of athletic departments are the weight room end of the day. We have been lacking for years there in my opinion. So yes I believe you get a freshman group and get them strong and big over a course of 3 years you will 100% change the dynamic and outcomes of a team. Usually those athletes that level and down are playing two ways and you know where they get the endurance and body make up to sustain that? The weight room. No one cares about in season games, just post season- built a crew and in 3 years were State Runner Ups. Big time hire for us- looking forward to seeing my kids experience the growth and watch it help in all of their sports. 

53 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

So if I’m understanding this correctly, you believe there was a little 3A school called Heritage Hills and this strength coach pumped them into a state caliber team….and all of this happened in the last few years? Is that about the gist of it?

3A schools are small or do you disagree? Foundations of athletic departments are the weight room end of the day. We have been lacking for years there in my opinion. So yes I believe you get a freshman group and get them strong and big over a course of 3 years you will 100% change the dynamic and outcomes of a team. Usually those athletes that level and down are playing two ways and you know where they get the endurance and body make up to sustain that? The weight room. No one cares about in season games, just post season- built a crew and in 3 years were State Runner Ups. Big time hire for us- looking forward to seeing my kids experience the growth and watch it help in all of their sports. 

41 minutes ago, FCFBFanatic said:

3A schools are small or do you disagree? Foundations of athletic departments are the weight room end of the day. We have been lacking for years there in my opinion. So yes I believe you get a freshman group and get them strong and big over a course of 3 years you will 100% change the dynamic and outcomes of a team. Usually those athletes that level and down are playing two ways and you know where they get the endurance and body make up to sustain that? The weight room. No one cares about in season games, just post season- built a crew and in 3 years were State Runner Ups. Big time hire for us- looking forward to seeing my kids experience the growth and watch it help in all of their sports. 

3A schools are small or do you disagree? Foundations of athletic departments are the weight room end of the day. We have been lacking for years there in my opinion. So yes I believe you get a freshman group and get them strong and big over a course of 3 years you will 100% change the dynamic and outcomes of a team. Usually those athletes that level and down are playing two ways and you know where they get the endurance and body make up to sustain that? The weight room. No one cares about in season games, just post season- built a crew and in 3 years were State Runner Ups. Big time hire for us- looking forward to seeing my kids experience the growth and watch it help in all of their sports. 

Just the fact you don’t think any of us know about Heritage Hills, their long and storied history, or their former legendary HC Bob Clayton, nor do you seem to know about the NFL players that said program has produced, is what I’m really questioning. 

1 hour ago, FCFBFanatic said:

I didn't know that. But their football talent and just athletic talent coming up is ridiculous. A lot of guys that I played sports with there and buddies of mine and some of my family all have kids coming up so it's a fun time for me. I know their freshman football team hasn't lost a game since like Pee Wee football or something. They absolutely rocked Louisville St Xs Freshman team that had over 100 kids. 

22 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Just the fact you don’t think any of us know about Heritage Hills, their long and storied history, or their former legendary HC Bob Clayton, nor do you seem to know about the NFL players that said program has produced, is what I’m really questioning. 

I do have to agree with you. Bob Clayton was another Bob Gaddis. Jay Cutler, Ken Dilger. For being a 3A school in the middle of nowhere, their football tradition is amazing.

10 hours ago, FCFBFanatic said:

Weight programs at small 3A schools are important.

I remember when a little 3A school in Hamilton County called Carmel High School started theirs in 1974. Boy did it pay dividends in their football team. I was the janitor there and got to mop up their sweat from the concrete floors in the weight room in the basement under the gym.

10 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I do have to agree with you. Bob Clayton was another Bob Gaddis. Jay Cutler, Ken Dilger. For being a 3A school in the middle of nowhere, their football tradition is amazing.

yeah Bob Clayton and Gaddis were household names. Great examples of when good coaches step down the impacts it has on programs. 

• Haha 1

This week’s games (week 10 - sectional quarterfinals):

Edgewood (2-7) at Jennings County (4-5)

BNL (6-3) at Evansville Harrison (1-8)

Notes

-This will be the first time ever Jennings County and Edgewood have played.

-This will be the fourth meeting ever between BNL and Evansville Harrison. Ironically, every game has been in the first round of sectionals. Harrison won at home in 1990, BNL won at home in 1991, and Harrison won at home in 1993. The road team has always lost so hopefully BNL bucks that trend.

Thinking about the Harrison game vs BNL this morning. I know the folks in the SIAC thread talk about how bad Harrison is, but I’ve been around enough to know it’s just a little different football in the SW corner of the state. I’m going to take BNL but it’s a scary game, throw in a 2 1/2 hour bus ride, late start……

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Thinking about the Harrison game vs BNL this morning. I know the folks in the SIAC thread talk about how bad Harrison is, but I’ve been around enough to know it’s just a little different football in the SW corner of the state. I’m going to take BNL but it’s a scary game, throw in a 2 1/2 hour bus ride, late start……

That it is. The SIAC guys have us running away with the game. We're not taking Harrison lightly though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

This week’s games (week 10 - sectional quarterfinals):

Notes

-This will be the first time ever Jennings County and Edgewood have played.

-This will be the fourth meeting ever between BNL and Evansville Harrison. Ironically, every game has been in the first round of sectionals. Harrison won at home in 1990, BNL won at home in 1991, and Harrison won at home in 1993. The road team has always lost so hopefully BNL bucks that trend.

Jennings County

Bedford North Lawrence

• Thanks 1

Interesting history - the only sectional championship that JC has ever played in was 2000, finishing with a 6-6 record. Their head coach was Jerry Bland. Bland would go on to lead Edgewood from 2006-2016. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:55 PM, Fkfootball said:

I didn't know that. But their football talent and just athletic talent coming up is ridiculous. A lot of guys that I played sports with there and buddies of mine and some of my family all have kids coming up so it's a fun time for me. I know their freshman football team hasn't lost a game since like Pee Wee football or something. They absolutely rocked Louisville St Xs Freshman team that had over 100 kids. 

What Freshman team you talking about?

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

Interesting history - the only sectional championship that JC has ever played in was 2000, finishing with a 6-6 record. Their head coach was Jerry Bland. Bland would go on to lead Edgewood from 2006-2016. 

Loved Coach Bland. He was an assistant football coach, P.E. teacher, and a weightlifting teacher during my first three years at East. He was also my sprint coach at East on the track team. Absolutely hated when he left. Senior year of track wasn’t the same. The whole tone changed.

Edited by Frozen Tundra