Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cory Yeoman Retires

On 3/1/2024 at 11:57 AM, SBFootballFan6 said:

That’s a good breakdown. Can I ask what do you think the change was the last two years?

I personally did not see a change from the coaches. But, there was more fire from the players. They held one another accountable. They were much more vocal on the sidelines even when their backs were against the wall. 

The teams prior to these two would not have put up a fight against Crown Point in regionals. 

I also think that Penn has gotten into this awful habit of, upperclassmen play... Man if my sophomore class is talented and can contribute in key areas the upper classes are weaker in, they need to be playing. This past senior class had kids starting (for the first time) that were better than the seniors starting the years prior. This is the first class I can remember that hasn't looked small. We had taller receivers and big strong tight ends. Our lineman had wide hips and could move people off the ball. Our D was athletic on the line and our backers were fast and able to make big plays. 

On 3/1/2024 at 12:36 PM, BTF said:

Gameday moxie is important. Throw in a little swagger. Without it, you're done. Let the kids have fun. 

I agree 100%, when I was playing...against local teams on the O-line we would tell the defense where we were going with the ball. We didn't care, we knew we would execute them to death and they could put all 11 players in the hole and we would still gain yards on them. 

The kids need to have that edge, but also they need to have the purpose. Under Gees it was always about the man to your right and to your left. I think that in the past 20 seasons there have been lapses in that mindset and it has pushed Penn down the totem pole of relevancy. 

2 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

Under Gees it was always about the man to your right and to your left.

One of the things I liked about Coach Geesman is that he had a standard, and it was the same regardless of the score or who was playing. True story: We were at Freed and Penn was crushing someone. It was the 4th quarter and they were pretty far into the depth chart. A Penn offensive lineman false started and Coach Geesman just about lost it. He was almost out to the numbers when my line judge, facing the field of play, stepped in front of Coach and just started backing up. He backed Coach all the way back to the sideline. When they got there, Coach said “You just saved a sophomore’s life.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2024 at 7:06 PM, Bobref said:

True story: We were at Freed and Penn was crushing someone. It was the 4th quarter and they were pretty far into the depth chart. A Penn offensive lineman false started and Coach Geesman just about lost it. He was almost out to the numbers when my line judge, facing the field of play, stepped in front of Coach and just started backing up. He backed Coach all the way back to the sideline. When they got there, Coach said “You just saved a sophomore’s life.”

It isn't often that I get to feel like I'm right there in those moments anymore, but, for some reason, this did the trick. Thank you.

• Like 2