Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brownsburg/Ben Davis

Matchup between two of the top contenders for the Mr Football award. The quarterback from Ben Davis High School and the running back from Brownsburg High School are both having stellar seasons, but they will face each other in the first round of the state championship. This means that one of them will be eliminated from the title race and possibly from the Mr Football race as well. 

1 minute ago, Slobberknocker said:

Matchup between two of the top contenders for the Mr Football award. The quarterback from Ben Davis High School and the running back from Brownsburg High School are both having stellar seasons, but they will face each other in the first round of the state championship. This means that one of them will be eliminated from the title race and possibly from the Mr Football race as well. 

Any idea on the offer list for the Brownsburg RB?

October Brownsburg strikes again…

Running back has carried the ball 22 times for nearly 170 yards and you have an 18 point lead with 9:12 to go…

So you throw the ball in the direction of Mark Zackery and he walks into the end zone.

Absolute coaching malpractice.

Gotkowski showed balls.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2023 at 9:45 AM, BDGiant93 said:

Well, first of all, your pick is solid.

Secondly, if you're referring to the WC/BD game, those were pranksters outside the stadium in the woods with fireworks and that loophole has now been closed by Wayne Twp. School Police. If you're coming in to the game, arrive early. There will be delays at the gate for the security lines. If you arrive at 6:45 pm for the 7:00 pm game, you may miss action. Gates open at 6 pm.

It looked on TV that Brownsburg had a larger turnout of fans than BD. I would have thought that BD would have packed their side.

3 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

It looked on TV that Brownsburg had a larger turnout of fans than BD. I would have thought that BD would have packed their side.

I haven't seen that side of the stands that full since it was the home side. Not sure what happened with our crowd. It was decent, but it was down from even the Homecoming game. I don't know. I was wrong. Not the first time. I'm making it a habit around here. At least I admit it though...others don't.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, temptation said:

Four HCC teams remaining and none of them named Brownsburg.  They have to be sick to their stomachs.

They should be. They outplayed BD for the majority of that game. That pick 6 was the turning point. Not sure why you throw it there when you've got one of the best running backs in the state. I was surprised Avon lost to Pike. They had played better as of late. FC losing was not a surprise, and someone had to lose between Z'Ville and Noblesville. HSE and Fishers basically had scrimmages. I wasn't surprised Westfield beat Carmel for the second year in a row. I was surprised at how easy it was. It was 37-7 early in the 4th when Gilbert called off the dogs and played reserves the rest of the way. If they had not fumbled on Carmel's 3 yd line on their opening drive, it would have been a running clock the entire second half.

36 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

How late was the BD final score to take the lead?

Just over 2 minutes.

6 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

They should be. They outplayed BD for the majority of that game. That pick 6 was the turning point. Not sure why you throw it there when you've got one of the best running backs in the state. I was surprised Avon lost to Pike. They had played better as of late. FC losing was not a surprise, and someone had to lose between Z'Ville and Noblesville. HSE and Fishers basically had scrimmages. I wasn't surprised Westfield beat Carmel for the second year in a row. I was surprised at how easy it was. It was 37-7 early in the 4th when Gilbert called off the dogs and played reserves the rest of the way. If they had not fumbled on Carmel's 3 yd line on their opening drive, it would have been a running clock the entire second half.

Honest question for the board:  Any heat on Hebert/Hart?

28 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Right now, Westfield feels like they are the class of 6A North. I was a little shocked that Carmel didn't put up much of a fight on their home turf. 

Carroll going down to Warsaw, has me confused. Warsaw has put together a strong season, but with their face plant against Mishawaka, I just don't know where everyone falls up here...could be a one off, it is so hard to tell. I thought Carroll, with their big game experience, would be able to get past Warsaw. I cannot imagine Carroll was looking beyond Warsaw, but kids do dumb kids stuff.

Edited by BLACKGOLD2007

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Four HCC teams remaining and none of them named Brownsburg.  They have to be sick to their stomachs.

First and foremost, shame on the IHSAA for allowing a system to pit the two best teams in the state in the first round. Imagine if the NFL and NCAA announced that they are implementing a ping pong ball system. Sounds pretty absurd, right? I guess its only okay for a state like Indiana that's really not expected lead the way when it comes to football. But one things for certain............Indiana (IHSAA) will do it their way, no outside input allowed. And don't ask a coach for their opinion, all you're going to hear is "coach speak."

Devastating for the coaches and players. From a fans point of view, watching your team, the best team in the state, totally dominate the second best team in the state for three quarters then watch it all fall apart. Football can be cruel. A big shout out to Brownsburg though. Kudos for putting together the best team in the state this year, I guess you can hang your hat on that. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

First and foremost, shame on the IHSAA for allowing a system to pit the two best teams in the state in the first round. Imagine if the NFL and NCAA announced that they are implementing a ping pong ball system. Sounds pretty absurd, right? I guess its only okay for a state like Indiana that's really not expected lead the way when it comes to football. But one things for certain............Indiana (IHSAA) will do it their way, no outside input allowed. And don't ask a coach for their opinion, all you're going to hear is "coach speak."

Devastating for the coaches and players. From a fans point of view, watching your team, the best team in the state, totally dominate the second best team in the state for three quarters then watch it all fall apart. Football can be cruel. A big shout out to Brownsburg though. Kudos for putting together the best team in the state this year, I guess you can hang your hat on that. 

I feel this way about what they did with basketball this past season...two games in semi-state? Penn beats the brakes off of Hammond Central, then comes out cold to get (in my opinion of the rules) jobbed against Kokomo....to watch Ben Davis then dominate Kokomo at state...Not saying Penn would have won, but they had the shooters to give Ben Davis a game. They already played them earlier in the season, and knew what they would be getting at State... 

Maybe not the exact same, but I think similar. I feel I am going to get heat for this opinion. 

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I feel this way about what they did with basketball this past season...two games in semi-state? Penn beats the brakes off of Hammond Central, then comes out cold to get (in my opinion of the rules) jobbed against Kokomo....to watch Ben Davis then dominate Kokomo at state...Not saying Penn would have won, but they had the shooters to give Ben Davis a game. They already played them earlier in the season, and knew what they would be getting at State... 

Maybe not the exact same, but I think similar. I feel I am going to get heat for this opinion. 

Can't say I watch a lot of basketball these days. The IHSAA has a history of not making a whole lot of sense to the educated fan. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I didn't see the game...but can anyone explain why Brownsburg put the ball in the air, leading to a pick 6 that flipped the game around?  Up 25-7 with about 7 min or so left in Q4 with one of the best RB's in the state, and someone decides pass is the best option?  Defense holding the Giants to 7 halfway through the Q4.  On the outside, has me scratching my head.

I didn't see, so perhaps good reason to air the ball.  Would love some context from someone there or who watched game.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I didn't see the game...but can anyone explain why Brownsburg put the ball in the air, leading to a pick 6 that flipped the game around?  Up 25-7 with about 7 min or so left in Q4 with one of the best RB's in the state, and someone decides pass is the best option?  Defense holding the Giants to 7 halfway through the Q4.  On the outside, has me scratching my head.

I didn't see, so perhaps good reason to air the ball.  Would love some context from someone there or who watched game.  Thanks!

I didn't see it either, but it does seem perplexing. They seemed to have had the game in the bag at that point. Maybe they were being greedy and  going for the jugular? Not sure what the relationship is between the two schools or if Brownsburg had any motive to run the score up. Win and move on.